You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

92 this morning.

I found a 'small' container of Garam Marsala at the store, so I can try the recipe I came across.  If we like the recipe, then I can order a larger container or the ingredients to make my own.

Last week there was a Illinois State Trooper killed by a semi truck that ran into her while she was making a traffic stop of another semi at the shoulder of the road.  Last night on the news they showed a picture of the man and also a short story about fatigue and truck drivers.  So very sad that someone lost their life because of a truck driver who was tired.  That driver has to live the rest of his life with the awful realization that his actions caused a fatality.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It is supposed to warm up today with a high of 80° predicted.  I'm not sure it will get that high but it might.  It will be sunny and thankfully no wind.
I have never been a fan of too much spice in my food.  I guess I am not that adventurous.  I do like to spice up my Mexican food and I really like cumin.  I probably should try experimenting more.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this mostly cloudy morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

High today was 55° overnight prediction 34°.

The actual name of the online spice company is myspicesage.com. They really have a great selection of spices!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Sweety

133 today morning. Have started using the BG Tracker again. It was a big mistake to give up.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

160 this morning.

That's a terrible event with the trucker and trooper, Grammabear. I hate when that sort of thing happens.

BigSkyGal, I agree with you about politics and a seemingly growing number of companies - too bad about Penzey's, but there are plenty of other resources - personally, I love exotic spices and always willing to try something new to me.

It was actually warm here yesterday with temperatures up to the mid-70s. I took advantage of it to grill. Hopefully similar today...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

My DH planted his favorite vegetable in his garden yesterday which was potatoes.  He also planted loose leaf lettuce which happens to be my favorite.  Now - if we can just keep the critters away from the lettuce as it comes up.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning. It didn't get to 80° as predicted but it did get to 77° so close enough.  Should be around the same today with the wind picking up this afternoon.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 again this windy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

It has been really windy all day. I'm not as afraid of it now that the trees are gone, but I still don't like it! High today 50° overnight prediction 31° with possible rain/snow.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Don't know how they are out there, Grammabear, but up here the moles had an exceptionally busy winter; enough so that we've hired an outfit to come get rid of them. I'm thinking of your vegetable patch, of course, and was interested to learn that it's the voles that eat things at their roots which wreaks havoc on bulbs and likely potatoes. I never found any sure or easy way to keep those or rabbits out of things. The best I ever could do was fencing and vigilance with traps. Anyway, I hope you get a good crop...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

We got a 'surprise' yesterday of 3 inches of the white stuff.  Some areas here got 8 inches, so guess we will settle for 3.  It was windy, visibility was zero and there wasn't much traffic past our house.  A quiet sort of day.

Hubby will definitely fence his vegetable patch.  We both love home grown lettuce, and we don't feel like sharing it with a varmint.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Well, we did get up to a high of 84° yesterday as predicted.  Today it is supposed to be 81° with the wind picking up this afternoon.  there is a front going through and tomorrow it is supposed to drop about 10° and windy but then it is back up to the 80s.  I can be quite happy with that but when May gets here it can get a lot hotter.
It was a sad day yesterday, we had to have our Rottweiler put down.  It seems like he had a stroke, he fell down and could not get back up.  He was an old dog, for a dog, and had been going down hill for some time so not unexpected.  Still it is sad to have them go.  We really enjoy the company of our pets but they have such a short lifetime compared to ours it is inevitable that we have to deal with their death.  Still have the Australian Cattle dog and she is an bundle of energy so not without a friend. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

126 this mostly clear morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Wally, so sorry for your loss. You are right they pass through our lives so quickly and are always so missed. Glad you still have a fur friend pattering around your home.

Ran errands today and for some reason really feel tired. High was 50° overnight low predicted 31°. The snow they have been predicting has mainly fallen at much higher elevations than mine. Didn't even have any rain here last night. That is good as my road out to the street is a huge mud suck right now.

Grammabear

Wally, I am so sorry to hear you had to put your dog down.  It is never easy - ever!!  Cherish the memories you have of your Rottweiler and he will always have a special place in your heart.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Sweety

I'm sorry for your loss walkerwally. A pet is a close friend and as good as family. I've never had a pet though my daughter fights for one. We are both working professionals so there will be no one to take care of the pet.

125 today morning. It's coming into control slowly but surely. Feel like banging my head for losing control.
Diabetic ?

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 15, 2019, 10:37:33 AMIt was a sad day yesterday, we had to have our Rottweiler put down.  It seems like he had a stroke, he fell down and could not get back up.  He was an old dog, for a dog, and had been going down hill for some time so not unexpected.  Still it is sad to have them go.  We really enjoy the company of our pets but they have such a short lifetime compared to ours it is inevitable that we have to deal with their death.  Still have the Australian Cattle dog and she is an bundle of energy so not without a friend. 

Sorry to hear that Wally. I've had to put down 2 dogs to disease and it is not an easy thing to do. But there in solace in the thought that their suffering comes to an end.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH