You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

83 this morning.

Still having trouble sorting out my CGM supply order.  Dexcom is not listening to their customers anymore which is sad.

We might get company this weekend which would be our grandson and his Dad.  We always enjoy having them, but when they return home it always is "too quiet".
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  We got up to 79° yesterday around noon and then the wind picked up and the temp dropped about 10°.  Very windy all night and expected through today.  Right now around 20-25 MPH.  The front should be through today and temps back up into the 80s tomorrow.
Thanks all for the condolences.  It is sad to lose a pet but that is a reality we have to expect.  The Rottweiler was around 18 years old and had a good life.  The saddest was the little rescue that was only about 2 1/2 years old and got cancer and had to be put down about a year before we moved. 
Sweety, don't fret over the past.  You are doing the right thing to work on getting back in control.  The only good thing about diabetes is that it takes a long time to do permanent damage so getting back on the wagon can really make a difference.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

119 this partly cloudy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 58° today overnight prediction is 36°. We did get some rain overnight but not much. There are some very dark clouds overhead right now so may have rain again tonight.

Saw the first pair of Teal ducks yesterday. Mama and papa, I have several pairs that take up residence around here every year.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Sweety

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 16, 2019, 10:51:31 AMSweety, don't fret over the past.  You are doing the right thing to work on getting back in control.  The only good thing about diabetes is that it takes a long time to do permanent damage so getting back on the wagon can really make a difference.

Yes I hope so, but I wish I had kept my tight line. 129 today morning.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

89 this morning.

Almost managed to forget I've an oncologist appointment this morning - there goes the day...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Tamagno - Good Luck at your doctor appointment.

I had an appointment yesterday to be fitted for a pair of shoes thanks to Medicare.  I'm not sure about the guy who waited on me.  I like shoes where I can use elastic shoe laces and he was giving me all kind of grief about doing that.  I have trouble bending over and tying regular athletic shoes, so I do the best I can.  Sometimes these young people forget what it is like to be older.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  The weather service reported a 40% chance of rain yesterday and I just laughed it off.  Well, about 4 PM it started to pour with lightening and thunder galore !  We ended up with 3/4 inch to my great surprise. 
Grammabear, when I broke my hip there was no way I could tie regular shoe laces.  I don't use special shoes, just regular walking/running shoes but I got some with Velcro fasteners and that works really good for me.  I can now tie regular shoe laces but I still like the Velcro better. 

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this drizzly morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 57° today, overnight prediction 33°. The day started with drizzle and now is cloudy and windy. I really don't like the wind!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Sweety

It is getting to be very hot here. There was a thunderstorm warning the past couple of days but it did not rain at all.

132 today morning.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Today dawned rather dark and dreary and it looks very much like rain is coming.  I guess that is ok because we have spring flowers poking through the ground.  I'm waiting for the lilacs which are my favorite.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

75 this morning.  It's warming up now and we will be in the mid 80s for the rest of the month, maybe.   :D
It has been exactly one week since I filled my hummingbird feeders and I took a picture this morning showing how much the little guys have guzzled down.  Both feeders are at about the same 1/2 mark and each one holds a quart. That is a lot of juice for such small little things to down in only one week.  I don't know how many there are as they are always coming and going and they all look the same.  I have only seen a maximum of two at any one time on the feeders but I know there are more than that. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

120 this morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

Saw the ENT today. He is very nice and it will be him doing the surgery. He is actually going to do a biopsy. He was shocked by what the Oncologist told me. (That it was cancer and I'd probably need chemo and radiation. And that people die from this tumor.) Surgery is scheduled for June 12. I wanted to wait until I got back from my trip to CA, dr was fine with that. I am waiting for someone from radiology to call with appointment for biopsy.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 18, 2019, 11:19:29 AMThat is a lot of juice for such small little things to down in only one week.

What juice is that Wally ? We keep 5 earthen pans in our lawn filled with plain water. There are some 15-20 pigeons and about 6 crows that drink at any given time. Then we have others like Kites, Mynas, Magpies, Squirrels and most days a lone king fisher. The water needs to be filled up twice a day, each time probably 30 liters, because the birds love to use the pans as a bath tub.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

High this morning...

Honestly, BigSkyGal, some doctors just aren't thinking when they speak. Hopefully, the biopsy is all negative!

My wife does all her hummingbird feeders which she loves. I believe her drink is nothing but sugar and water. Not quite time for them here yet.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

134 this morning.

We don't have a hummingbird feeder as we seem to attract more bees than birds.  I had also read that sugar and water is the best food for the hummingbirds minus the red food colouring that some people insist attracts them.  I envy those of you who get the privilege of watching the "hummers".

We have a lone bird bath which my husband has to clean most every day except in winter, then it is once a week.  We like watching the birds drink and then bathe getting the nice, sparkling clean water all dirty by days end.  Oh well.

Barbara - I think that one doctor spoke out of turn assuming that what you have is malignant.  Will be hoping your biopsy turns out to be benign and harmless.  Btw......have a great trip to see your children and grandchildren.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021