You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  Still warming up with a high yesterday of 86° and should be a couple of degrees warmer today.  I'm good as long as it is under 100° and then I tend to stay inside.
Yes, the "juice" is just sugar water.  I add the coloring so it's easy to see the level in the feeder.  It's correct that the birds don't need it to tell it's there.  I have had a lot of bees on them at the other house but not here.  The soda can on top was filled with water to stop ants from climbing into these which was a real problem at the other house but so far not here. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

117 this morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

I have water on two sides of my house, a seasonal creek that always has some water in it, and an irrigation ditch across the back which also has some water in it so no need for a bird bath here.

Biopsy is scheduled for the 29th. The Ear, Nose, Throat dr did say that 70-75% of these tumors are benign. His procedure is the same either way. My Oncologist sure could have shared that stat with me instead of scaring me.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Sweety

129 this morning.

I live close to a large forested area. There are a lot of big trees around our place. We do get to see many types of birds and they make a lot of different sounds. But I have no idea what is what. Sorry.  :-X
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

100 this morning.

We were in the low 70s yesterday which will be continuing albeit with quite a bit of rain today.

Gosh, it'd be terrible to be a diabetic hummingbird! Wonder if anyone's done research on the incidence of diabetes among wildlife...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Depending on the severity of the diabetes, I would assume that wildlife would not survive long without human intervention.  Somewhere I thought I read there is a kola bear in captivity that wears a pump or a glucose monitoring device.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We got to 91° yesterday and it is supposed to be just a bit cooler today with the wind picking up this afternoon and possible gests of 55 MPH tonight.
Yeah, I think a diabetic hummingbird wouldn't last too long.  I guess there must be wild animals that do get diabetes, we know some pets do, but in the wild they probably do not last too long.  OTOH, in the wild they probably don't eat some of the junk we feed our pets.
The Iris garden in our front yard is getting more impressive.  Last Spring was our first here and because the people living here didn't water much there were only a couple of flowers.  This Spring there are a lot.  I didn't know there were also some yellow ones but I found that they come in a variety of colors. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this showery morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Rain on and off all day. High today was 55° overnight predicted 42°. Yesterday it got up to 76° Big difference today.

A new bird has shown up here it is all black with a white beak, swims like a duck but has claws not webbed feet. Looked it up and it is an American Coot. First time I've seen one here.

Wally, your flowers are gorgeous! I have a few miniature iris on a mound the previous owners planted. They are just beginning to poke out of the ground. Things are a lot slower here.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Sweety

I've read about diabetic pets, mostly cats and dogs. They eat what we eat so it's no wonder.

119 today morning. My numbers are more erratic than they used to be. I'm strict with my food and expected better.  ???
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

98 this morning.

Great Iris, Wally!

I wonder, BigSkyGal, if your bird is an aging coot. If so, like me, I guess you could call it an "old coot"...

Grilled leg of lamb at my place this evening; also warm and sunny here today, so if any of you would like, come on over!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Wally - your flowers are gorgeous.  We have Iris both regular size and the miniature.  Most of ours are a rust color or a deep purple.  I have never seen yellow ones.  Very pretty.

We usually only see the garden variety of song birds, but now we are also seeing a much larger black bird, about the size of a crow.  Poor fellow doesn't quite fit at the usual size bird feeders.  He does pick off the ground what the other birds throw away.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Tamagno on April 21, 2019, 04:35:32 AMI wonder, BigSkyGal, if your bird is an aging coot. If so, like me, I guess you could call it an "old coot"...

~hyt~
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It's bright, sunny and looks like it will stay in the mid 80s for the rest of the month.
We have a variety of birds around here.  A lot of doves, mocking birds, a bunch of small birds I don't know what they are, orioles and a lot of ravens.  Ravens are of the crow family but they are really big birds. 
Sweety, stay with it.  Your liver stores glucose and will let it out to keep your blood sugar up to what it thinks is normal from where it has been.  It can take time to re-adjust to lower numbers but it will happen.  Don't get discouraged if you don't see fast results.  That is normal. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

113 this partly cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

LOL Tamagno!!

Garlic seasoned duck breast and Berlin style Rotkohl (pickled red cabbage with apple) for dinner tonight.

57° was the high today and cloudy. Overnight night prediction 33°.

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on April 21, 2019, 04:35:32 AM98 this morning.

Great Iris, Wally!

I wonder, BigSkyGal, if your bird is an aging coot. If so, like me, I guess you could call it an "old coot"...

Grilled leg of lamb at my place this evening; also warm and sunny here today, so if any of you would like, come on over!

I wish we lived closer as I would love to have a taste of lamb - never knew how to fix it.

Haven't heard the term "old coot" for a long time.  Thank you for bringing back good memories.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 21, 2019, 10:57:59 AMSweety, stay with it.  Your liver stores glucose and will let it out to keep your blood sugar up to what it thinks is normal from where it has been.  It can take time to re-adjust to lower numbers but it will happen.  Don't get discouraged if you don't see fast results.  That is normal. 

Sweety, this is very true and to be expected.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH