You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

81 this morning.

Duck sounds wonderful, BigSkyGal! (Along with goose, far too expensive and questionable quality around here.)

Sweety, Wally's spot on; patience is the biggest thing figuring out all that goes with managing diabetes. A lot of people give up on it too early, so I think it's great you're sticking with it!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Company left yesterday and last night and today are way TOO quiet. :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Had Easter dinner with family and friends yesterday.  We had more of a BBQ with steaks, potato and cabbage salad.  I did skip the corn, that I can't handle.  Otherwise I ate well and did good with bg.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this mostly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 66° today, overnight prediction is 40°.

I am having a hard time picking a new vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions of a good one? I've looked at Shark and Dyson but don't know if something else is better. It has been years and years since I bought a new one.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

119 this morning.

BigSkyGal, in recent years I've been using Sharks (one is battery powered and the other corded) and like both pretty well. Each has different strengths so I switch off days. The battery one is very light and especially easy to use. I've looked into Dysons some, but they're terribly expensive and have fallen off the Consumer Reports recommended list for reliability problems. Country life inevitably results in lots of dirt getting tracked in the joint so it's kind of a big deal and I vacuum daily.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

49 this morning.  :(

bigskygal - I have a corded Shark vacuum.  It is one which I can empty the cannister very easily.  As Tamagno mentioned, living in the country seems to attract a bit more dust than usual, so vacuuming is necessary frequently.  I like the Shark because it is lighter than other vacuums I've had, plus easier to maneuver.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  Headline in the paper says it will be "scorching" in the South West states the next few days.  Well, it is supposed to be in the mid 90s here and to many that might qualify as "scorching" but for here it is really normal.  Soon enough it will be over 100 and then it will be "scorching".
Barbara, I have a Shark battery powered vac that is light and great for small jobs and hard floors like the kitchen or bathrooms.  I have had very good lick with an upright Hoover that is bagless and has all sorts of filters which I like.  I am sure Dysons are good but they seem way over priced.  The larger Sharks might be great also but my only experience is with the small cordless. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

120 this cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Slept very poorly last night and when I finally got a couple of hours of sleep I had terrible nightmares!! Feeling really lousy today.

It is 58° right now and sprinkling, they say 63° for the high, but I doubt it will get there. Overnight prediction 42°. We are in for a cooling trend and rain.

Thanks for the input everyone! A Shark corded will be the one for me I think.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

bigskygal

OK friends, another vacuum question. I have only looked at Shark at Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy and Target. I want to buy it from Amazon so we get the credit here. The stores had like 2 models where Amazon has like 750 gajillion. What models do you have? I probably shouldn't even be trying to make decisons with no sleep last night, but I would like to put it behind me and have a cleaner house!

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on April 23, 2019, 10:01:44 PMI have only looked at Shark at Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy and Target. I want to buy it from Amazon so we get the credit here.

Thanks Barbara.
Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 23, 2019, 10:47:48 AMHeadline in the paper says it will be "scorching" in the South West states the next few days.  Well, it is supposed to be in the mid 90s here and to many that might qualify as "scorching" but for here it is really normal.  Soon enough it will be over 100 and then it will be "scorching".

Spent a day in Delhi and it was around 40oC (104oF). Scorching indeed and very dusty.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

109 this morning.

SKB, I'm trying in vain to imagine being n Delhi in that heat, dust and crowds - must be really something...

BigSkyGal, vacuum models change as often as tech stuff and the ones I have aren't around any more (plus, some big box stores get the manufacturers to make models specific to them). Might be good to go look in person and then decide for yourself for what suits best.

A day of cooking and grilling - looking forward to it!

Grammabear

135 this morning.

Bigskygal - I will look at the model of Shark vacuum I have and post it shortly.

Tamagno - What kind of grill is your favorite?  And would you purchase it again if you had to replace it?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We grill out most nights all year around.  Last night though I made Crack Slaw and I am always amazed at how kind it is to my bg and I eat quite a bit of it. 
Yeah SKB, I agree that anything over 100°F or around 88°C is definitely scorching.  Right now we are around the mid 80s F, around 30° C, and that is comfortable and really quite nice for this area. 
Barbara, I only have experience with the Shark cordless so I can't say anything about the other models but I would think it would be Ok to compare the features and see which fit your needs.  It is nice sometimes to be able to see the actual item in the store but you cant try them out so all you really get is a chance to look at it.  At least on Amazon you can compare one to the other and note which has the better fit to what you want. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

Barbara ~ My Shark vacuum is called the Navigator and it is lightweight, easy to maneuver. It has no bag, but instead a canister that is easy to empty.  It also has a washable foam filter that is super easy to clean, let air dry and reuse.  Hope this helps a little.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

117 this morning, 96 at. bedtime last night.

Thanks Grammabear, the Navigator is one of the ones I've been looking at. I know Tamagno, there are so many models it makes my head spin and I'm sure they update regularly. Thanks all for the input.

High today was 62° overnight prediction 33°.