You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Grammabear, I've been using a cheap Home Depot charcoal grill  for about two years. It's been fine, but sort of flimsy. I'll replace it next year with a Weber grill made of better materials. I've given up on gas grills as they just don't last and I've had several from cheap to expensive. Charcoal's a little more hassle, but you can't beat the flavor especially if you add wood chips for smoking. Plus, it's much easier to put away in the winter. No matter what, when I grill, it's much easier to do after dinner kitchen clean up. I've often considered building my own of brick and cooking over a wood fire, but haven't the energy to actually build one.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We got up to 94° yesterday and should be about the same today.  It should be a bit cooler next week but still in the 80s.
We have a gas grill from Home Depot.  It has 6 burners and a motor driven rotisserie which is great for several different items.  I like charcoal but the gas is so much more convenient and since we BBQ most of the time it really makes it easy.  You can also add wood chips for a different flavor.  This grill is well made and I believe it should last for a while. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this morning. I fell asleep in the recliner last night and forgot to take a bedtime reading.

Sadly, I don't grill at all anymore.  I have a real Yellowjacket problem here and they continually build nests inside the bbq. Local high school team is the Yellowjackets, that is how widespread the problem is. I used to have my pest guy spray inside the bbq but decided that probably wasn't a really safe solution...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Could not post this a.m. because my internet went down last night and didn't come back until late this afternoon.

We also have a cheap charcoal grill that someone did not want and was going to throw away.  My DH took it home and cleaned it up and now we grill a few times during the summer.  I would like to grill more often, but hubby always seems to have 'his' outside stuff to do instead.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

High this morning - no CGM readings all night, so I'll have to sort all that out shortly.

Anyway, the result is I'm up way late today - not at all my preferred way to start the day!

Wally, I'm not sure why, but my gas grills never held up at all for reasons I don't understand - I kept them maintained and housed during the winter, but no matter the cost they just never lasted.

I've got some plans for the day to do some shopping, but really have got to get myself woken up first...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

79 this morning.

We have grocery shopping today before the predicted snow for tomorrow.  We've turned off the heat in our house because the weather has been in the 70s and 80s so figured Spring was here to stay.  Not sure about that if snow comes. :-\
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  We got up to 95° yesterday and headed to 96° today and then cooling down a bit and it is supposed to be in the mid 80s next week. 
Grammabear, when living up on the mountain it was the same.  Spring time you needed the heater and cooler both functional because it could go from hot to freezing and back from day to day. 
Tamagno, not sure why you have a problem either.  Here we can leave the gas grill out in the patio year around and don't seem to have a problem.  It is also quite dry here year around.
Barbara, if I had a problem with Yellowjackets I would back off using the BBQ also.  They are not friendly at all.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this cloudy morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

58° looks like is going to be the high today. It has been sprinkling on and off all day. Overnight prediction is 32°.

Still undecided about the vacuum. I was looking at Orecs last night on Amazon. I had one that lasted 20+ years and was great. It died not too long ago. But in reading the ratings, the company has apparently sold and the quality has gone down. Too bad because it was a very light and easy to use vacuum. Only problem with it is it has no accessories so I would have to buy a hand held for the tools. Sigh... back to looking at the Sharks!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

walkerwally1

This is the Hoover that I have :

https://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel-Performance-Vacuum-UH72615/dp/B07D9V8V83/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=18KOGX2TZM9SU&keywords=vacuum+cleaner&qid=1556317438&s=gateway&sprefix=vacuum%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

It is bagless and has a lot of power but I imagine that it is heavier than the Shark.  I would buy it again because it does a really good job but it may be heavier than you like.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

Thanks Wally, that looks great! The weight really doesn't matter that much. This might just be the one! And it is cheaper than the Shark!!

OK I have to vent... This whole biopsy thing is turning into a giant clusterfork! Yesterday I got a message on my online hospital portal that I have an ultrasound scheduled for the same time as the biopsy. Today I get a call from the hospital re the biopsy appt. She asks about blood thinners which I have never taken then asks when they told me to be there. I say 90min before. She is surprised, then I tell her about the ultrasound...news to her. She says yes, I am double scheduled, she doesn't know why. There is no reason she can see that I have to be there that early, 30 min would be fine. Plus when I said they told me not to eat or drink for 10 hours prior she said that was cruel and inhuman punishment...no reason for that long 3-4 is enough. Geesh, who do I believe??? The first contact or today's contact?? ARRRGGGH!

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on April 27, 2019, 12:02:11 AMOK I have to vent... This whole biopsy thing is turning into a giant clusterfork! Yesterday I got a message on my online hospital portal that I have an ultrasound scheduled for the same time as the biopsy. Today I get a call from the hospital re the biopsy appt. She asks about blood thinners which I have never taken then asks when they told me to be there. I say 90min before. She is surprised, then I tell her about the ultrasound...news to her. She says yes, I am double scheduled, she doesn't know why. There is no reason she can see that I have to be there that early, 30 min would be fine. Plus when I said they told me not to eat or drink for 10 hours prior she said that was cruel and inhuman punishment...no reason for that long 3-4 is enough. Geesh, who do I believe??? The first contact or today's contact?? ARRRGGGH!

Good that you spewed it out. Out here in "the 3rd world" this is a very surprising thing in the USA.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

108 this morning.

bigskygal - I can see why the disharmony between the scheduling of your tests is unnerving to you.  I would show up for the biopsy at the appointed time and perhaps explain your problem to the person in charge there.  It is not your fault someone mucked up the tests.  Somebody forgot to do their job RIGHT.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We should have another day around 95° today and then it is supposed to cool down about 10° for the next week. 
Yeah Barbara, the Hoover we have is about 10 years old and still running strong.  I like the bagless feature and the filters.  It's no problem pushing it around and if you don't have to carry it up and down stairs being a bit heavier wouldn't matter.
I would be upset with the mix ups you are having with hospital for sure.  I guess I have been lucky so far but you seem to have run into a mess.  I'm thinking that I wouldn't be shy about letting some people know how I felt.   >:(
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Tamagno

39 or 187 this morning...

...depending on what you mean by rising as I've gotten up twice, vis, once to fix the low and then went back to bed.

Good thing I've not much to do today. My wife actually was up before me for once and made coffee and cleaned up the kitchen. Something to be said for sleeping late, but now's when I'm usually starting lunch. Rats (I think)!

Best take it easy anyway as I've been getting clumsy again. Cut the tip off my thumb yesterday and have fallen a couple of times so I'd better be extra careful today and stay close to home until I get myself in order...

Don't want to go involving docs again!

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Thanks everyone. Yeah this mess is making me crazy! And of course she called after 5 on Friday and now it is the weekend so no way to talk to anyone until Monday. I'll just go in for the biopsy and see what happens.

Showers in the forecast for today predicted high is 52°, overnight prediction 31° with rain possibly snow.

No stairs here Wally so the weight won't be a problem. Going to try to make my decision today.