You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

My good wishes are also with you bigskygal.

107 today morning. Hit another 98 yesterday evening.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

189 this morning.

Sure am hoping that biopsy is okay, BigSkyGal!

It's been cold and rainy this week making staying in preferable. Looks like today will be the worst of the week, so I'm hoping to get back to grilling tomorrow.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

It rained hard ALL day yesterday.  Rivers are once again at flood stage.  All this rain is making it very hard for farmers to get into the fields to do their planting.

Grass is growing very fast and needs mowing however rain prevents that.  I saw on the news that the folks where Shanny lives had severe weather yesterday.  Sure hope she is okay.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday and really windy all day and night. 
When I had the Parotid tumor the surgeon had it imaged before the surgery and they pumped it up like a balloon with fluid.  After they imaged it, it took about 2-3 hours to come down to normal again and I felt silly driving home.  I think the image was just to determine the exact size and location of the tumor and he did not have a biopsy done.  He did send it out to be checked for cancer after it was removed.  The surgery was not really that bad and recovery was not long.  Of course that was about 25 years ago also.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 this cloudy morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Still no word on the biopsy. They said to call Thursday if I didn't hear by Wednesday. Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! Wally, I think the reason for there biopsy is two fold. The Onc scared me and the EN&T dr wanted to give me peace of mind and/or because of my cancer history. The tumor will be removed either way and from what the EN&T dr said, the surgery will be the same.

On the vacuum front I purchased a Shark Rotator Professional and a hand held corded Shark Rocket. They should arrive tomorrow.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

81 this morning.

Managed to fall yesterday in my shop - feels like a couple of cracked ribs, but fortunately nothing else. Got to pay closer attention there as it's the second accident the last week...

Hoping for enough warmth to grill today - could use a let up in rain.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

160 this morning.

Sorry about the falls in your shop Tamagno.  Did you have to seek medical attention? 

It is still raining here, but thankfully no storms as in other parts of the US.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

170 this morning.  Well, I wanted to experiment and see how some brown rice that was not retrograded would have an effect and if there was really a difference.  I found out and the retrograding does in fact make a difference.  I had Tilapia, spinach, a bowl of brown rice and lots of butter.  Two hours after dinner I was at 135 so not that bad I thought but this morning kind of surprised me.  Well, back to doing the retrograde if I am going to have any rice.
With all of the plants in bloom and the wind kicking up dust I am needing to start each day with Benadryl.  Without I am snotty, sneezing and coughing like mad.
Tamagno, please take it easy and be careful of falls.  You really don't want to break your hip like I did and it is easier than you think. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on May 02, 2019, 04:42:14 AMManaged to fall yesterday in my shop - feels like a couple of cracked ribs, but fortunately nothing else. Got to pay closer attention there as it's the second accident the last week...

Do take care Tamagno. Try using a cane for sometime. Get well soon.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

111 this  cloudy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

Be careful Tamagno! You don't want to break anything.

Just talked to my ENT dr. They didn't get enough tissue to do the biopsy, so no results. He is fine with just waiting until the surgery and if anything looks bad he'll send it out for a frozen section while I am in the OR. He says 80% chance it is benign. Phew, I sure did not want to redo that biopsy! So I have a whole month doctor free!! Then June, the surgery and 5 dr appointments!  :(

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

68 this morning.

That's great news, BigSkyGal!

Thanks for the good wishes, all. I always use a cane outside, but have most all my house arranged so I can get around without, but seem to be getting clumsy again; definitely don't want to involve the docs...

Still, it was warm enough to grill burgers last night which was great!

Grammabear

High this morning. :(  Meant to ask this question:  Do any of you ever eat nuts and find that they raise your bg substantially?

Isn't it sort of funny that when we have a period of time w/o having to see a doctor, it feels like a big relief?  I enjoy the days when I don't have to get out for a doctor visit.

Hopefully today it will quit raining and storming so we can get our errands completed.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted and we are supposed to reach a high today of 88° but thankfully no wind.

Grammabear, I think it matters what kind of nuts you are talking about, they are not all the same.  I often snack on almonds or walnuts and don't notice any rise in bg.  However, I take a portion, usually 1 oz which is about 30 almonds, and put the bag away.  If I left the bag by my side and just ate from it I would eat a lot more than just the 1 oz and quantity does matter. 

Barbara, glad you don't have to go through the biopsy again,  that does not sound like fun.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on May 02, 2019, 06:08:08 PMJust talked to my ENT dr. They didn't get enough tissue to do the biopsy, so no results. He is fine with just waiting until the surgery and if anything looks bad he'll send it out for a frozen section while I am in the OR. He says 80% chance it is benign. Phew, I sure did not want to redo that biopsy! So I have a whole month doctor free!! Then June, the surgery and 5 dr appointments!  :(

That's great news Barbara. I'm certain if it weren't benign there would have been other signs. Good wishes for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

Git up to 65° today overnight prediction 38°. Still cool nights so plants are just slowly starting to grow.

Man, that Shark vacuum is powerful!! It filled up the cup up before I finished my living room! My old vac was really not doing much of a job. It is going to take me a while to get this house ship shape again.

Yeah Grammabear, it really is nice not to have to go to the dr! I have had so many appointments and procedures this year, I am sick of going. And the irony of it all is that aside from the soreness from the biopsy, I feel fine!!