You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

112 today morning.

Hope you are better now tamagno.
Good news bigskygal. I will offer prayers that all goes well.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Actually, Grammabear, I eat most any nuts, but never more than about half a handful at a time. Seems not to raise glucose much, but I also sauté mine in butter (get some unsalted and add whatever spice you like - incredibly good)!

Glad you like your Shark, BigSkyGal; my corded one actually has so much suction that there's a rug I've got to pull rather than push...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Tamagno - Your idea of saute of unsalted nuts sounds delicious.  Now I have to find a source of unsalted nuts. When I eat nuts, I usually weigh them out but even then it seems like I get a blood sugar rise about 4-5 hours later. 

We like our Shark vacuum too and Yes it sure has a lot of suction.  Sometimes one has to approach an area rug with caution or the vacuum tries to eat the rug. ;D
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Another sunny and warm day is in store for today with a high of 89° predicted.
I tried some brown rice again but this time I cooked it a day before and let it retrograde over night.  It really did make a difference so I am convinced that the retrograding works.  At 2 hours after dinner I was at 114 and this morning 90 and that I can be happy with.
Sautéing nuts in butter sounds like a great idea.  I am going to have to try that !   ~hi5~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 68° today, there are some clouds but the sun is shining some too. The irrigation ditch behind me opened today. For a while while they flush it I have a great waterfall sound outside my back bedroom. So soothing!

The birds have started their mating dances. The pheasants are awesome to watch. The male fans his tail out and puffs up and makes circles around the female. The doves are dancing too. Pretty entertaining.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Sweety

In India very few people use vacuum cleaners. Since help is easily available we mop our floors. Very few houses have carpets or wood floors, mostly they are tiled.

108 today. I am getting uneasy that I am not able to see numbers below 100 in the morning. This was the case a few months ago. I am taking all precautions with food.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

124 this morning.

Sweety, I've expressed my anathema of carpeting here before, and would enjoy having tile instead.

Well, I'd say there are few things that don't benefit from sautéing in butter (including, oddly, butter which when sautéed by itself for a longer time becomes "brown butter" adding a nutty flavor).

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Weather is the same today but it is supposed to drop about 15 degrees tomorrow and get windy.  I'm not a fan of the wind but at least it will still be in the mid 70s.
We have carpeting through the house but there is ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms.  I like carpeting and don't mind vacuuming at all.  The tile is OK but you have to be quite careful if there is any spilt water on the floor as it is really slippery.  I also like to go around the house barefoot and the tile is cold !
Sweety, you may be seeing the effects of something called  dawn phenomenon.  The liver stores glucose and releases it to keep your blood sugar from going too low.  It is normal for it to try to maintain higher numbers because that was normal before you took better control.  I wouldn't worry about your fasting results as much as your over all numbers.  I try to stay under 140 (actually 120 if I can) because that is believed to be when organ damage starts.  A reading of 108 is well within an acceptable number. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Sweety, 108 here this morning too! 108 at bedtime last night too.

It is 63° here right now and that is most likely the highest it will go. Overnight low predicted 41°. There are a few showers in the forecast for this afternoon, but I doubt they will happen. It is gradually warming up, some trees are even starting to green up. The lilacs are barely leafing out. I can't wait for them to bloom!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Have to keep reminding myself our "frost date" (officially the last day it can frost) isn't until May 15. Things have suddenly leafed out incredibly, though, and I'm hoping for lots of lilac blossom. Years ago when I built our deck, i actually did it around a big lilac and when it blooms, it's especially wonderful out there.

Grammabear

134 this morning.

My desktop computer refuses to connect to the internet even though our wireless network is working. Technician will come Thursday I hope to fix it.

I absolutely love lilac bushes. Our property is bordered on 3 sides with lilac bushes. When they are in bloom it is so fragrant.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  I had a mocking bird outside my bedroom window about 5:00 AM and boy, he really had a repertoire of songs.  I guess it was time to get up anyway.   ;D
It's going to be a windy day today and maybe even some rain later in the week.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

Another 108 this mostly clear morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Had my yard mowed this afternoon. I thought it was better to catch it before it got knee high! I have several lilac bushes around my yard, my favorite is the one outside my bedroom window. I can smell it inside the house! Mine are a long way from blooming though.

Today I opened all the windows after they mowed to air the house and smell the fresh cut grass. It was lovely.

Tamagno

174 this morning.

Hummingbirds arrived yesterday much to the joy of my wife (a happy wife makes a happy life, of course).

Three borders of lilacs - goodness, Grammabear, that sounds great!

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Technician came earlier than expected by two days so we got our PC fixed ahead of time.  Turned out to be a minor problem.

I love having the windows open and hearing the birds early morning songs.  Having the windows open after a long winter just seems right somehow.  It is like being released from a long confinement.

Tamagno - How many hummingbirds do you normally see at a given time or is that a foolish question?  We consider ourselves extremely lucky if we see 1 or 2.  Now will you put out feeders for them or do they forage for themselves?

Sweety - I would be very pleased if my number was 108. You are trying and that is what counts.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021