You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  It will be a bit warmer and no wind today so nice.  It is still looking like a chance of some rain this Friday.
I know here my feeders for the hummingbirds have 6 "stations" but the most I have seen on one at any one time is 2.  There are certainly more that use the feeders but they do not all come at the same time.  It is a bit hard to try and determine how many of the little guys are around because, well, they all look alike ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 this partly cloudy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Ran errands today and had a bit of rain while I was out. High today was 65° overnight prediction 39°.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

85 this morning.

Our hummers fight over feeder time. During their peak of the year probably often a half dozen around a single feeder, but rarely more than one eating at a time.

My CGM seems to have gone nuts overnight, so I suppose I'll be spending some time with that today. First time I've gotten a "critically low" transmitter notice suddenly - usually it starts warning about transmitter battery a couple of weeks ahead. But then, I'm also getting a warning that the sensor has failed, so I'll have to sort out what's what.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Tamagno - You folks are lucky to have hummers.  I love watching them as they are interesting.  My husband plants impatient flowers because the hummers seem to be attracted to them.  We plant the impatient flowers in a hanging basket so as to try to keep the little birds safe from predators by being up higher.

I truly hope you have good luck with your Dexcom.  People have been complaining loudly on Facebook (myself among them) about the quality of service from Dexcom company.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  Now they have pushed the chance for rain Friday up to 80% so we may get some.  So far it has been a pretty nice Spring and not as hot as it can get yet.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102this morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

Light rain again this afternoon. High today was 63° overnight prediction 34°.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

182 this morning.

The hummingbirds definitely come for the feeders my wife puts out - she's got two on the deck plus another two out front (they seems to like the "hard stuff" vis, sugar water) more than actual plants.

Well, I didn't get up until 5am and am already behind my usual schedule. Hopefully. I perk up soon...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.

It rained a lot here yesterday.  However we did have a bit of excitement, if you can call it that.  Late in the afternoon I noticed a State Trooper had pulled over a nice little red sports car.  He soon had the driver standing at the end of the car while he searched the vehicle.  Then the office got his canine partner and did a complete circle around the vehicle twice during which the dog got very excited and alerted twice.  Then the office gave the driver a series of field sobriety tests which ended with the driver being "cuffed and stuffed".  I am guessing the driver was under the influence of something which earned him a trip to jail.  Such a waste of a young life.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, yesterday there was an 80% chance of rain tomorrow but now today it has changed to a 40% chance today and 40% chance tomorrow.   ~tnk~
I guess the best thing is to just flip a coin and look out the window.  :D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 09, 2019, 09:51:29 AMHowever we did have a bit of excitement, if you can call it that.  Late in the afternoon I noticed a State Trooper had pulled over a nice little red sports car.  He soon had the driver standing at the end of the car while he searched the vehicle.  Then the office got his canine partner and did a complete circle around the vehicle twice during which the dog got very excited and alerted twice.  Then the office gave the driver a series of field sobriety tests which ended with the driver being "cuffed and stuffed".  I am guessing the driver was under the influence of something which earned him a trip to jail.  Such a waste of a young life.

Looks like something straight out of the movies.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

109 this morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

Yeah Wally, I think looking out the window is the best predictor of the weather!!

Tamagno

294 this morning.

Agreed. Nothing beats looking outside to find out the weather.

Tried a new system for early mornings today, vis, had my first coffee in bed around 2:30am thereby waking around 5am more awake (later I'll try freezing some boiled water so that's ready to go).

Crummy weather today and cold but I'd still like to try making a small meatloaf on the grill - could be good, I think.

Grammabear

248 this morning after a low of 42 at 3 a.m.  Definitely not a good night.

Doesn't feel like a spring morning with a temperature of 45 deg F and a north wind of 15 mph.  Good day to work inside.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Well, it did start raining around midnight and we got just over 1 inch so a pretty good rain.  It has stopped now but radar shows we should get more starting in a couple of hours. 
My brother-in-law brought home a new "grill" yesterday and I have never seen anything like it.  It is by a company called Traeger and it used hardwood pellets.  It is mostly computer controlled and you load a hopper with pellets and it feeds them to the burner like a pellet wood stove.  The temperature is controlled so you can slow cook meats like ribs and roast but you can also grill like any other BBQ.  It even has Wifi and will connect to a smart phone so you can monitor it on your phone.  Really haven't spent any time with it yet but it sure looks like fun.  People who have them rave about how well they work so it will be interesting to see how it does.  We plan to do baby back ribs Saturday to try it out.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

107 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

Wow Wally! That sounds like quite the bbq! Does it have side burners too?