You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

272 this morning.

Wally, I've a friend with a Traeger grill who really likes it. I expect you will as well.

A really ugly day for Dexcom junk yesterday - my transmitter battery failed over a month early plus I had no less than four sensors fail during warm up.  Naturally, that occupied much of my day. I'll be calling them Monday to see what they say.

Personally, just now I'm thinking it's time for that stuff to take a long walk off a short pier...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Tamagno - I do totally understand your frustration.  IF possible and you know your 'reps' email or phone number, get a hold of him and tell him you are thinking of switching to the Libre.  It would seem that they don't want to hear that - in spite of their p#$% poor customer service of late.

I had such a conversation just two days ago with my rep (which I didn't know I had).  This conversation comes 1 month after I sent a handwritten letter to Dexcom in San Diego.  Apparently my letter made it past the round file and into someone's hands to be read.  I normally don't become irate, but during that conversation I was.  I now have the rep's email address, his phone number and his fax number.  I wish you the best when you call them.  If you need anything, PM me and I will help you if I can.

Wally - I am just imagining you and your friends enjoying the pleasures of ribs from a super nice grill.

Bigskygal - When is your trip to see the new grandbaby? 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It rained off and on most all day long yesterday.  It was light but over all we ended up with a total of 1 1/2 inches.  That brings our yearly total to 7.37 inches and our average annual rainfall is 4.27 inches so it has been a wet year for here. 
Gosh Tamagno, it seems like a pump and CGM would be really great and make it much easier to deal with the issues of testing and injections but the problems you and Grammabear have with the system seem to make it more work sometimes.  I hope you can get it sorted out.
I had never heard of Traeger before but I guess they are well known.  I still would use the gas BBQ for cooking a couple of burgers because the Traeger takes a bit of time to get started and then there is a cool down when done.  It is all automatic but still takes time.  The best thing looks like anything you want to slow cook and get the smoke flavor.  Like I said we are going to do baby back ribs today for the first try out and see how it goes.  The neat thing is that it will maintain the temperature automatically and cooking for 6 hours will not be such a chore.  Since it connects to your phone it will alert you if there is any problem.  They are quite nice but then they are also not cheap.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I go to CA on May 30 and come home on June 2. DD gifted me the tickets for Christmas. She picked the schedule.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on May 11, 2019, 02:07:58 PM118 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I go to CA on May 30 and come home on June 2. DD gifted me the tickets for Christmas. She picked the schedule.

What a "great" Christmas gift. Hope you enjoy hugging your newest grandbaby a whole lot and getting reacquainted with the other little person.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Sweety

101 today morning  ;D  Great improvement in numbers. It took some own sweet time but it did.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

175 this morning.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms our there!

Wally, all the type 1 tech is great when it's working, but like all tech stuff takes some maintenance. Wouldn't mind, but it's expensive...

By the way Wally, my friend with a Traeger found out the hard way that you've really got to wait for it to cool down before you cover it. Also, those wood pellets appear to have to be stored someplace absolutely dry. Anything this guy's made on it has been great!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

I am trying a new style of infusion set that delivers the insulin to my body.  I have a problem with some adhesives, so I'm hoping this one might not irritate my skin so much. 

Do you think that people with diabetes are prone to more skin problems than other folks?  Last year I broke out with eczema for the first time ever.  Now it would seem my skin is quite dry most of the time.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  The rain has gone and now it is warming up.  We got to 80 yesterday and headed to 89 today.
Tamagno, yeah, tech is great when it works but can be a real problem when it doesn't.  The grill worked quite well yesterday for its maiden voyage.  I did learn one thing.  I had the wifi app connected and on in my phone and it con be controlled from the phone so you can adjust the temp from the app.  It had a "keep warm" setting that only takes a tap on that button to set it.  I had the phone in my pocket and somehow it got switched to keep warm in the middle of the cooking.  Had to restart the cooking cycle and get it back up to temp.  Just like pocket dialing I guess, anyway I won't leave the app open again unless I am doing something with it.  I guess smart devices are OK but it also takes smart people to use them !   :P
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 again this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Partly cloudy but temp got up to 77° today. Overnight low predicted 48°. Things are finally starting rot leaf out. Can't wait for the Lilacs to bloom!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Among other things, Wally, you've got to have wifi that reaches out to your grill. For what it's worth, I recently installed a couple of Orbi mesh routers that give me much better coverage extending both to my deck and garage.

Had a terrible time getting glucose under control yesterday - I think today I'll limit food intake fairly drastically until I figure things out.

Grammabear

157 this morning.

Yesterday was the day for horrible blood sugar numbers.  Of course it did not help that I didn't make good food choices either.  Today is a new day, so things should be better I hope.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We made it to 88° yesterday and it is supposed to be 90° today and tomorrow, then it cools down a bit and now showing a 50% chance of rain Thursday.
Tamagno, yeah, I had to put a range extender in the living room and now the signal is great in the back yard.  Even a weak signal is not good enough, the app will give you a thumbs down and not connect.  The range extender I got is made by Netgear, same as my router, and was not that expensive, about $25.
Had Chinese food yesterday and I was able to find a couple of things that were OK for my blood sugar.  Some kind of garlic shrimp, beef broccoli and even an egg roll.  I haven't had Chinese for a long time but I guess I don't have to avoid it, just be choosy. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

104 this morning, 117 at bedtime last night.

Got my driver's license renewed today. Yikes the photo is terrible!!!!! I look like a 90 yr old hag! And I assure you all, I don't in real life. Will be 70 June 3. One great thing about living in the boonies is I walked into the local MVD (MT Vehicle Department) filled out the form and went right to the clerk and had my temporary in hand walking out the door in 10 minutes.

I finally took my car to the car wash to wash off the Winter's mud. It is going to take another trip to be really clean.

80° today but fairly cloudy, overnight prediction 47°. Rain in forecast starting Wed.

Tamagno

174 this morning.

If all goes as promised, Dexcom's making good on their hardware failures. (What else can they do, really?)

Wally, I'd been using Apple wifi routers for years, but they discontinued theirs so when I needed range extension, I discovered the Apple router just didn't like communicating with other brands available - even via Ethernet. So, I bit the bullet and went with the admittedly expensive Orbi mesh system that's proven very effective - I've got 20 devices connected constantly at a rate over 100 mbs which I think is pretty amazing.

By the way, it's great you could have Chinese food. Turns out one trick they use for that somewhat creamy texture in most everything is a marinade with cornstarch which, along with sugar is what makes it off limits for many of us.