You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Tamagno - How often do you 'hear' the wolves calling at night?  Do they ever cause problems for the area farmers as far as wolves being a predator on livestock?

Bigskygal - You were brave to do a bunch of shopping while waiting for an appointment for haircut.  It must have taken a while to have an appointment open up.  As to todays fashions, what do you think of the style of womens jeans having patches and holes in them from the manufacturer?  One picture on facebook showed a CGM in one hole of the ladies jeans and her pump peaking through another hole.  Can't see that looks "cool" but then what do I know at my age?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  After I posted yesterday we started to get some more rain and ended up with about 1/4 inch.  Rare around here in May but nice.  We only got to 66° for our high but it should start to warm back up. 
When I lived up on the mountain we were away from the lights of the cities and it was really great to go outside at night and see the moon, stars and occasional meteor shower.  We had bears, mountain lions bob cats and coyotes but no wolves.  Never had a problem with any of those but I agree Tamagno, I would have to think twice about going out with wolves.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I had a 45 minute wait for my hair cut so I just did a quick pass through Ross. I did the other shopping afterward. I really hate that they now promote online sign up. I walked in and there were 3 people sitting ahead of me but about 4 others not there, that were signed up ahead of me.

As far as the torn jeans I don't like them and would never spend money on them, not even from a thrift store. The other thing that bugs is the cold shoulder tops.

Sighting of the first baby ducks for the season this morning. 4-5 of them and they are really tiny. Now they have to survive the hawks and eagles around here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

Night this morning.

Ladies, if fashion appeals, sometime take a quick look at the Bergdorf Goodman web site and then ask yourself who in the world buys that stuff.

Only started hearing wolves about two years ago and it's slowly increasing. Haven't heard anything specific from farmers, but there's a herd of about a dozen that are left free to forage in the woods behind us; I'd imagine they're at risk these days.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

135 this morning.

Tamagno - Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the wolves.  We don't have them around this part of the country, but we do have coyotes and lots of them.

I will have a look at the fashion website you mentioned.  I will never understand the process where people have ragged clothes on their body and call it "fashionable".

Baby ducks are so cute and I hope they survive long enough for you to enjoy them Barbara.  We had a nest of baby Robins and then all of a sudden they disappeared.  I suspect Mr. Hawk made a meal from them. Sad but part of nature I guess.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: bigskygal on May 23, 2019, 02:37:55 PMSighting of the first baby ducks for the season this morning. 4-5 of them and they are really tiny. Now they have to survive the hawks and eagles around here.

This reminds me of a story I read yesterday.

Every single year for at least a decade, a mother duck and her children have been visiting an upstate New York hospital for an annual parade.

The article is here :

https://www.insideedition.com/these-ducks-return-same-hospital-every-year-and-parade-down-halls-53068

Kind of a neat good news story.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  Very windy yesterday but calm and sunny today.  It should start warming up now.  Next week we are supposed to be in the mid 80s.
I dug up a recipe the other day for Machaca which is Mexican shredded beef and is great for tacos, burritos and mixed in an omelet.  The original Machaca was dried beef and could be kept for a long time without spoiling.  I took a 3 pound chuck roast and cooked it for 6 hours in a crock pot with seasoning, bell peppers, onion and Rotel tomatoes.  After it is cooked you shred it with two forks and you get a bunch of shredded beef.  I haven't tried it yet but it sure smelled good cooking all day.  I'll try it out tonight.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

107 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Cute article Wally. Shottlebop had Machaca on his menu a few weeks ago, I googled it as I didn't know what it was and added several recipes to my recipe folder on Evernote. It really looks good!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on May 24, 2019, 11:04:27 AMKind of a neat good news story.

Amusing story indeed. I wonder if it's the same mother, as surely, the ducklings are a new lot every year.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

118 today and 125 yesterday. I was out on vacation for the last 3 days and one bad meal did that. except for this I've been around 100 for the last so many days.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Every few years, we get a mother duck here who generally stays long enough to hatch her eggs and then moves on. Wouldn't mind if they stayed on, but they never do.

Wally, that Machaca recipe sounds terrific (perfect for your Traeger). I'm going to think that over and see if there's some way I can slow cook that over coals with smoke. It'd make a great ingredient for a frittata (a sort of Italian omelette).

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

My blood glucose has been on a roller coaster according to my continuous blood glucose monitor.  I had a respectable breakfast yesterday of two eggs, two slices bacon and a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream.  Yet my blood sugar numbers climbed to 174 and I just don't get it.  Tomorrow is another day I guess.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  It is supposed to get to 80° today but tomorrow and Monday it is going to be cloudy, windy, cooler and maybe even a bit of rain.  Monday may not be a good day for using the BBQ but it probably won't stop us.
Yeah, it was the post by ShottleBop that started me searching for Machaca and finding the recipe.  Tamagno, yes the Traeger probably would work good also but using the slow cooker lets it absorb all of the seasoning and spices.  The meat is a cheap cut so slow cooking for a long time makes it just fall apart.  I suppose you could make a rub with the seasoning and slow cook it on the Traeger but it is so easy in the crock pot.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

106 this partly cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

The big rain we were supposed to get fizzled out, which is fine with me! Looks like the high today settled at 63°. There is still rain in the forecast, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sweety

112 today. Coming back slowly but surely. Bad food for a few days when I was out on vacation.
Diabetic ?