You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

104 this morning.

Beautiful day here yesterday. While it seems we've had too much rain, in actuality we've had less than this time last year. While I make an effort to avoid it, I think I'm prone to more negativity than is warranted - a condition likely widespread regardless of locale, physical well-being or wealth.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

We had the second highest rainfall on record for the month of May in our locale.  It is hard to maintain a positive attitude when it rains all the time and we see no sunshine.  However yesterday we did see the sun all day and it was beautiful.

I ordered a new version of an old favorite called "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh.  It has a whole chapter on problems that can be faced with infusion sets and it offers possible solutions to said problems.  I look forward to reading it.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  So far it looks like June will be in the 90s here for at least the next few days and that is good.  July and August are usually the hottest and it pushes into the 100s. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

133 this morning, 126 at bedtime last night. I expected higher numbers what with all the disruptions on my normal routine. But having a wonderful time anyway!

Weather has been very nice. Having the whole family over today for bbq. Looking forward to seeing my older grand daughters.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

180 this morning.

I think I've a copy of the book you mention around, Grammabear. If memory serves, it's got a fair amount of detailed information. Have to check and see if it's among my e-books.

Speaking of insertion sets, mine is currently only barely in place. I somehow managed to pick a spot that is constantly being rubbed and just now is held in place by a band-aid. I'll get it changed shortly, but would rather do it in daylight.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Tamagno - So far I like the book Pumping Insulin.  One thing he mentions about infusion sets is to place a one inch piece of tape on the tubing just before the part where you insert the cannula.  Supposed to hold the infusion set steady and keep it from being dislodged.  We shall see if that works for me.  :)

The mosquitoes are out in droves!!!  I went outside to sweep the porch and the sidewalk and it was an "instant feast" for the mossies.  Nothing discourages them from biting and today we have to mow the grass as it is 8" tall already from all the rain we've had.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  I was surprised yesterday when we had a downpour.  It didn't last long but it rained pretty hard with big drops.  It cooled it down a bit but we still got to 87°.  It should be about the same today but without any rain.  We may see our first 100° day next week.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

139 this beautiful CA morning, feel asleep before taking a bedtime reading. The number didn't really surprise me as it was my birthday celebration and I was sort of cautious, but tried everything!! My DS bbq'd the most glorious Salmon and rice eye just luscious!

I am totally exhausted!! Didn't sleep well any night I was gone. Either the baby was crying or the 2 yo was falling out of bed or running through the house crying. Not used to that, that is for sure!  But it was a wonderful visit despite lack of sleep! I am going to try to get back lat Aug if schedules work out.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Many happy returns of the day Barbara.

Here's an observation that I must share. We have 5 water pans for the birds on the lawn. I've noticed, that the birds do not like to drink out of the one pan that is made of plastic. They like to dip and shower in that one, but drink out of the other earthen pans.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

107 this morning.

Grammabear, I bought the Kindle version of Walsh's book as it's clearly extensively updated. Haven't done much more than glance through, but it looks to be useful.

Glad you had a good trip, BigSkyGal, and I'll add my best birthday wishes. Having little children in the house must be quite something; I often wonder how people manage...

Just small things on my agenda today, chief among them being the habitual challenge of ordering Dexcom supplies.

Grammabear

125 this morning.

I think my higher number is from all the mosquito bites I have.  I am covered and it is hard not to be 'distracted' and scratch them.

skb - Interesting observation about the birds preferring earthen materials.  Our birdbath is made of earthen materials and my husband washes and fills it daily when the weather is sunny and warm.  Birds are fun to watch.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

86 this beautiful morning, 116 at bedtime last night. Nice to see that low fasting # considering how I have been eating while away!

78° when I got up this morning, heading for a high of 82°. Approaching too hot for me!!

Boy reading yesterday's post I sure wasn't checking auto correct much! Not rice eye, rib eye! Not lat Aug, late Aug. Sheesh, I really was tired!!

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Yesterday got me thinking more about birds, Grammabear, and I found a fascinating documentary about owls on YouTube - around here, they're not often seen, but frequently heard.

BigSkyGal, my wife's work now requires medical records to be updated on the computer which not only uses autocorrect, but also voice recognition. Errors range from funny to serious...

Grammabear

111 this morning.

We are getting yet 'more' rain this morning.  Even the birds are having trouble at the feeders because this rain is blustery and the wind is blowing hard.

It is currently 61 deg here heading for a high of 80 deg and humidity at 80%.  Not the best day to be heading out to see the GP.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  It looked a little threatening in the afternoon and I thought we might see some rain but nothing happened.  Today it is sunny and heating to somewhere in the high 80s.  We may see our first 100 degree day tomorrow.  Humidity is not usually a problem here except when a storm comes up from Mexico and brings us Monsoon like conditions.  That is more common in September.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024