You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

100 this clear morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

Man I am a nervous wreck today! I have to be at the hospital at 9:15 tomorrow morning. I will be so glad to get this behind me!!

Thanks for the wishes and prayers! I will post as soon as I am able.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

141 this morning.

My prayers for you today as well, Barbara. Looking forward to your update...

It's been uncharacteristically windy here this spring, yesterday enough so to blow over potted tomato plants.

We had a kingfisher here yesterday that's something of a rarity for us. Cool to see...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 12, 2019, 05:06:00 AMWe had a kingfisher here yesterday that's something of a rarity for us. Cool to see...
We have been visited by one regularly since the past 2-3 summer months. Now that the rains have started and water will start to collect in so many places I don't expect to see the Kingfisher much.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

111 this morning.

I saw a male and female Northern Cardinal at our feeder this a.m.  They were feeding frantically.  I don't know whether they anticipate the rain that is predicted or they have young in the nest they need to feed. 

Isn't a Kingfisher a large bird?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We did hit 101° yesterday and it is supposed to be a bit warmer today.  I think that will happen as our overnight low was 77° and that was at 5:30 AM this morning.  Right now at 7:30 it's 82°.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

205 this morning (need to replace insertion set).

Kingfishers are on the large side, but nothing like heron or buzzards. Wonder how far they travel, SKB? It'd be cool if they're among those who traverse great distances.

Rainy and cool here today; good day to catch up house chores.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning.

The Audobon website has quite a write up about Kingfisher bird.  Worth looking it up.  Very ingenious bird in my opinion.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  We made it to 103° yesterday and it should be about the same today.  It looks like it will be around 100° for at least the next few days. 
Not a lot of variety of birds here in town.  A lot of doves, some ravens, a few mocking birds and a lot of small birds.  A road runner comes by once in a while.  A lot more variety up on the mountain.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

I'm back!!  :)

6/12 surgery day: fasting 120, bedtime the night before 111. Getting ready for surgery bg was 124. I commented to the nurse that that was high and he said 124?? we consider that a good #! Surgery was delayed over 2hrs :( bg at end of surgery in recovery: 95. Bedtime right after a violent bout of throwing up 156. Not surprising given everything of the day.

Forgot to do a fasting today, I ate a sugar free vanilla pudding before I remember it. It was not in the orders so the nurse didn't come in to do it unless I asked.

Surgery went well. I was very sick all day after and had some awful vomitting. One was so violent three nurses rushed into the room to check on me!! They gave me dilaudid for pain during the surgery. I don't think I have ever had it before (I've never had this violent throwing up either) so the nurse said that I could be sensitive to it. I also had issues with my O2 stats after surgery. If I was awake they stayed normal but if I dozed off they dropped below where they should be. Both these things can be caused by dilaudid.

I feel fine today pain controlled well with Tylenol alone. now it is just the waiting for the test results on the tumor. Picked up a third Dr appt. for the 20th sheesh!!  :(

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Barbara,
Hope things resolve quickly and you are back to normal soon.

Kathy,
There are many varieties of King Fishers that can be seen in India. The most common is the White Breasted King Fisher (image attached). It is about 6-8 inches in size. This is the type of bird that visits our house.

A similar sized variant is the Pied King Fisher but they can be seen only in the highly wooded areas. Then there is the Small Blue King Fisher which is about 3 inches tall but even these are seen only in forested areas.

You cannot view this attachment.
Click image
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

89 this morning.

Sure am glad your surgery's over, BigSkyGal. Looking forward to hearing the results.

That little Kingfisher is gorgeous, SKB. I don't believe we've anything quite so colorful.

While I've never seen a roadrunner, Wally, the name inevitably recalls the famous cartoons. Actually, trade the coyote's supplier name from Acme to Amazon, and he'd be all set in the modern world...

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Indeed the Kingfisher bird is colorful.  Thank you skb for sharing the picture.

Barbara - So very sorry you were sick after your surgery.  Maybe you could ask that whatever they gave you for pain during the surgery be changed to something else in the future.  Hope that the test results will be good news.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We were at 101° yesterday again and don't see a cool down until next week. 
Barbara, I'm sure you are happy to have the surgery behind you.  Tough having such a reaction with the pain reliever but at least that is done with.  Hope your recovery is quick and the test results are negative. 
Tamagno, the roadrunner is really fun to see.  You see them around here running across the highway from time to time.  They are a pretty large bird and really do run almost everywhere.  They can fly but you seldom see one flying. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

90 this puffy white cloud day, 94 at bedtime last night.

Slept like a rock last night!! Didn't get up until after 11! Feel pretty good today. Woke up with a red streak down below the incision site but no oozing or anything.Called the Dr.sent a photo by e-mail. The nurse said probably OK just from the procedure, if it got worse or painful or there was drainage to call in even over the weekend. I'm not really worried about it at this point. Thanks all for your kind thoughts.

It was 80° yesterday and will be 81° today. Not much liking the warmer weather.

We have the blue and white kingfishers here. He often sits on the power line and fishes in the irrigation ditch or the seasonal creek. He's pretty cute! skb that little guy is really cute!

Grammabear

Barbara - There's nothing like one's own bed to get better sleep.  Glad you're home and feeling better. :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021