You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

Kathy, that is soooo true! Hospitals are no place to get a good nights rest! On top of all the typical noises, this hospital plays a little tune every time a baby is born. And I swear I heard a death knell late at night, a weird tune and 11 church bells ringing at 2:30 in the morning Thursday. (I overheard a message that room 502 was expiring soon. I was in 505.)  There were 3 babies born on Thursday morning before I left!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

139 this morning.

Home beats hospital anytime in every way. I'm sure you're glad to be in your own familiar surroundings, BigSkyGal.

Supposed to be in the low 80s here today. It'll be most welcome on my part at least.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

107 this morning.

How anyone gets any restful sleep in a hospital is way beyond my understanding.  Agree with both Bigskygal and Tamagno.

Yesterday was cold for this time of year here at 50 something, then it warmed up to 65.  Today is supposed to rain making it a good day to do indoor chores or to just relax and maybe read.   :-\
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  We were under 100 degrees yesterday at 99° for our high.  They are calling for 104° today but I'm not sure about that.  Still, it will be warm.
I totally agree.  The Hospital is a really hard place to get any rest.  You would think that it would be different but there is constant noise 24 hours and then you are woke up at odd hours for different things.  Truly, there is no place like home.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 15, 2019, 10:40:00 AM108 this morning.  We were under 100 degrees yesterday at 99° for our high.  They are calling for 104° today but I'm not sure about that.  Still, it will be warm.
I totally agree.  The Hospital is a really hard place to get any rest.  You would think that it would be different but there is constant noise 24 hours and then you are woke up at odd hours for different things.  Truly, there is no place like home.

Wally - Speaking of being woke up at odd hours - at my last hospital stay the nurse came in at 3:00 a.m. and said "Your blood sugar is extremely high.  We need to check it NOW."  Whereupon I checked my Dexcom CGM and it said 124 which I told her.  She had to check the bg anyway with her meter.  Come to find out, the blood sample that was sent to the lab earlier in the evening had just been tested and the lab equipment was completely out of whack.  They came back yet again to get another sample at 3:20 and that is when I learned that their lab equipment said my bg was 610.  IF that had been true, my Dexcom would have been alarming all over the place continually.  Makes me wonder how many times a piece of lab equipment goes bonkers and gives erraneous results?    :o
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

88 this lovely morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

It barely hit 80° yesterday, OK with me. Today they say 84° for the high, I hope not...

Feeling pretty good, only time I have pain is when I eat which is understandable. Only taking the Tylenol during the day to help the pain when I eat.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Sweety

I don't like the hospital environment at all.

102 today morning, but I did record two 99s this week.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

123 this morning.

Good you're just using Tylenol, BigSkyGal; the opiates drive me nuts, that's for sure.

After my cancer surgery, the hospital decided they had to do a finger stick hourly for a few weeks. Incredibly, they still managed to induce DKA by not giving me insulin at the right time...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

128 this morning.

It was rainy again here yesterday.  Today is supposed to be a rare day when we see the sun.  I hope the forecast is right.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We hit 102° yesterday but it is supposed to be a cooler 100° today.   :D
It looks like we will be right around the 100° mark for the rest of the week. 
Grammabear, that is a scary story.  We expect the lab equipment to be right and relying on that number they could have caused some real problems.  I think that is rare but it is still scary.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this morning, 93 at bedtime last night. I was hoping my numbers were going to come down some, but I guess it will take a bit longer after surgery.

80° yesterday, but today is cooler, low 70's with a bit of a shower. I'll take it!

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Rain is plentiful here this week, starting yesterday (I grilled, but can't say it was awfully pleasant in the rain).

Got a recall notice for the airbag in my car - this Takata airbag affair just doesn't seem to quit - so I'm going up to the dealership this morning to have it replaced. Not a very exciting start to the day, but at least a bit of a trip.

While we're speaking of hospital problems, I'll also mention the considerable problem of settling bills. I have, for example, a large bill for an ER visit a year ago that I'm still being billed for, despite no less than four calls to both my insurance and the hospital billing. Last week when I called, the hospital confessed to having gotten the payment, but not updating their records...

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 17, 2019, 04:09:19 AMWhile we're speaking of hospital problems, I'll also mention the considerable problem of settling bills. I have, for example, a large bill for an ER visit a year ago that I'm still being billed for, despite no less than four calls to both my insurance and the hospital billing. Last week when I called, the hospital confessed to having gotten the payment, but not updating their records...

I'm surprised to hear of such things from the US of A. Apathy at it's best.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Hospital and/or medical billing is not all that uncommon here skb.  I was getting bills from a medical supply company for services they rendered 3 yrs ago and which my insurance had long since paid.  I had paid receipts in my hand and still I kept getting another bill.  After many phone calls and me sending them a copy of MY receipt, they finally stopped sending bills.  Most annoying.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday with a high of 98° and an overnight low of 68°.  It may not seem like much but it does make a difference.
I have heard many horror stories from other people about medical billing problems but so far I have been lucky. Of course that could change at any moment.   ??? 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024