You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

367 this morning (Cipro induced).

Thought I posted yesterday, but I guess I'd gone further down the road of infection problems than I thought. Got some Cipro from my GP and should be better in a few days.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Glad to see you this morning Tamagno, but sorry you have an infection.  Feel better soon.

59 deg F here this morning and cloudy looking very much like more rain.  Farmers having great difficulty planting this year.  However my husband's vegetable garden is loving this moisture.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We got up to 105° yesterday but it is supposed to be cooling down a bit.  Today 101° and in the 90s for the weekend.  Still, there are a lot of 100°+ days in the next couple of months.
Glad you are OK Tamagno but sorry you are having to deal with an infection.  Hope that clears up soon.
Yeah SKB, water can be a real problem in some areas.  Here in the desert it is.  We depend on an aquifer that does not replenish itself as fast as it is being used and they are having to look into some way to import more water into the basin I live in.  What ever is decided is going to cost money.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this cloudy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Sorry to hear you have an infection Tamagno, hope you feel better soon. And you too Grammabear, hope your back feels better soon.

Off to get blood drawn and pcp appointment.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

218 this morning.

Okay, a new Dexcom story: got an e-mail from them a couple of days ago saying they'd delivered my sensors to someone with the "same" address somewhere in Washington state. Where in the world they ever came up with that address in my file, I've no idea (I was in Seattle once in around 1988 but that's it). They're fixing it...

Figure I ought to start feeling better as the Cipro kicks in. Hopefully, today.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Tamagno - Your Dexcom story is interesting but slightly ridiculous.  Dexcom outsourced their 'customer service' to the Phillipines.  So now that adds another layer of difficulty to getting our orders straight.  I told the rep that is in charge of this part of the country that I was thinking of going to the "Libre" after 12 yrs on Dexcom.  He got a little upset and asked if I would consider giving them another chance?  I asked him "why should I?"  I was so annoyed with the service I've received from them over the past 6-9 months.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  It was cooler yesterday and under 100° at 99° for a high.  Even cooler today and only 72° at 6:00 AM but it will be windy.  Higher winds and temps are going to make the fire danger quite high.
Happy Summer Solstice to all in the Northern Hemi.  Today is the longest day of the year and the official start of Summer.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cloudy morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

New A1c is 5.7, creeping up a bit, but then I have been a little lax on the lc/hf lately. All other results are good, surprise, surprise my liver enzymes are a "bit" high now, not alarmingly high....

It is only 58° right now heading for a high of 63°. Overnight prediction 44°. Cool temps for several days and some chance of rain. Works for me!

I was looking out my kitchen window yesterday late afternoon and I saw what looked like a couple of black birds frolicking around in the tall grass. Their movements were odd so I kept looking when suddenly one put up his black and white tail in the air. Yikes 2 skunks! Young ones it looked like. Oh boy I will have got be very careful out in the yard!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Once upon a time one of our dogs thought she would get the best of a little skunk in the cornfield behind our house.  Didn't matter how little the skunk was, he or she still did what skunks do best.  The dog had to be bathed outside with tomato juice and spent the night in the garage.   ???
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Hmmm, I guess that explains why my neighbor's pesky dog has been hanging out by my shed. Maybe if she gets a dose she will stay away!!

skb

I was going to suggest a dog, but I guess I stand corrected.  :-*
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

124 this morning.

Finally starting to feel more normal as the UTI gets killed off by the Cipro. Boy, that can sure be a lousy state of affairs.

In a slightly rebellious state, I ordered take out food from a local Italian place last night. While I got pizza for my wife, I was able to get a plate of shrimp, squid, and anchovy with a simple lemon dressing. It was good and fresh with plenty leftover.

Some years ago, having had my 115lb. Long-haired Akita sprayed full in the face by a skunk I can tell you, tomato juice won't touch the odor - you need something base to counteract the acidity of the spray. Still caused the entire house and all my clothes to be infected with the smell for a long time to come. Nowadays, skunks on my property are more likely to die of lead poisoning.

Sadly, Grammabear, Dexcom still has no true competitor.

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - I agree that UTIs are absolutely miserable.  I've kept track of my own particular run with UTIs over the last 16 months and I've had 11 of them during 16 months.  This last one had a bacteria I had never heard of before, and also required antibiotic injections from the nurse at my GPs office.  Injections were painful and even now, a week later, I still have knots where the injections were given.  I am now taking cranberry capsules, triple strength, and a probiotic daily to try and avoid having another UTI anytime soon.  We shall see.  Hope you continue to heal.

I think Dexcom is trying to fix their customer service problems, but only time will prove whether that is indeed the case.

Those of you whose immune system is able to withstand having UTIs, do you do anything in particular besides a LCHF way of eating to remain relatively healthy?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Much cooler yesterday with a high of only 94° and a very nice 68° this morning.  Today is supposed to be the same and then heading to 100°+ next week.

When I was a teenager living at home with my parents they had a German Shorthair Pointer for a family pet and we lived on a hill with nothing in back of us but hills with trees and grass.  There were lots of rabbits, coyotes, various other wildlife and skunks.  The silly dog would sometimes jump the fence and every time find a skunk and come home covered with that smell.  We always kept a bunch of cans of tomato juice on hand and it did seem to help a lot but it also took a bath after that.  The dog never did learn to avoid skunks.

I have been pretty lucky and have only had a couple of UTIs and got over them without needing any antibiotic.  I recently read that a study has shown that cranberry really does not help with a UTI but I guess it can't hurt. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

112 this cloudy morning, 122 at bedtime last night.

I don't recall ever having a UTI. I had better go knock on wood after saying that!!