You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

156 this morning.

My GP, whose opinion I respect, explained to me once the mechanism in play with cranberries and UTIs which seemed reasonable. I'm at least going to get some in capsule form and give it a shot.

Grammabear, I've seen so many schemes over the years for improving health it makes my head hurt. So, among those reported by long-lived people, I've decided to combine a few to make my own. This involves eating at least one Twinkie a day, smoking cigarettes and having two martinis every day. (Don't know if I'll be able to stick to it.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

I'm definitely in a rebellious state today after reading the "after visit" summary of my last visit with the GP.  I have to visit her office every 3 months or Medicare and my supplemental insurance will not pay for any of my insulin, pump supplies or my office visits.  Do these doctors not understand anything at all about insulin pumps or the adjustment of said pumps?  And do they not understand that us people who are described as 'over nourished' have feelings too.  Why don't they just call me fat and be done with it?  :'(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Much cooler yesterday with a high of 91° and this morning a low of 66°.  It will start warming up today and we will see temps over 100° next week.
Barbara, the first UTI I ever recall having was just before I had the surgery you just went through.  The doctor put the operation off and gave me an antibiotic to clear it up before scheduling the operation again. 
An interesting article about UTIs and cranberries is here :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19441868

From what I understand cranberry juice is not effective but the capsules apparently do help to prevent a UTI.  It does not help to cure an existing UTI but may well be effective to prevent one so it seems like it would be worth trying if you have recurring UTIs. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this partly cloudy morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

Days continue to be cool it is 69° now and that is the predicted high. It has been cool enough in the morning that I turned on my fireplace yesterday and today to take the chill off.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

I expect most MDs have some sense of costs involved (many are actually aware that others have thoughts, emotions and even intellect) but simply make recommendations regardless. In part, perhaps, because it leaves a trail "covering a—-" in the event of a problem.

If we manage to have the right weather we ought to have access to a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. I'm already making plans...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

We've had so much rain this month, there is a bumper crop of mosquitoes already.  My hubby has a fence around the green beans he planted in the garden and still there is something eating the green bean sprouts that came up.  He thinks it is a mole as we see many of them running through the grass when we mow the lawn.  I think he will try to dispatch the moles with a trap.  However the sweet peppers and tomatoes are doing quite well considering.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Warming up as predicted and may get over 100 today.  I guess because of higher than normal rainfall here this year that is why I have seen mosquitoes the last couple of days.  last year I didn't see any at all but yesterday I killed three but have not had a bite yet.
I think you are right Tamagno.  I believe CYA is the reason for a lot of the recommendations we get from our doctors but then because nowadays people sue for any reason I guess that is understandable. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 again this morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Off to see my ENT dr for check up on the surgery and his explanation of the pathology. Today is the first day without any Tylenol so far...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

bigskygal

I am more than tired and frustrated with all the dr appointments. ENT verified node was benign as were most 80% of them. I am so ticked off with my Oncologist for scaring me so! I see the gastroenteritis tomorrow for follow up on the liver enzymes elevated situation. I just really want to be done with all this sheet!!!!! Gaahhhh!

Tamagno

180 this morning.

I surely can understand your frustration, BigSkyGal. It's tempting to ignore so much medical advice, but I find I'm habitually pathetically unaware of too much information.

Can't say my energy has improved much since the UTI. Still, I'm really good at thinking about what I need to do...

Grammabear

106 this morning.

It takes a while for energy levels to return after I've had a UTI Tamagno, so maybe in a few days or a week you will feel more like your former self.

The temperature is 69 this morning and supposed to get a high of 85 today.  That is warm enough for me so that we don't have to run the air conditioner.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Just under 100° yesterday at 99° and it is supposed to be the same today.  Here being under 100° in June is nice.
Yeah Barbara, it really was bad to give you that scare.  I was told at the beginning that those tumors were rarely malignant so I didn't worry about it.  You should not have been put through that.  My liver enzymes have also run high at times but then seem to come down on the next test so I am not sure what is the cause but so far it doesn't seem to be a real problem.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

97 this partly cloudy morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

It continues to be cool and I am happy with that.

Off to see Gastroenterologist then I will be dr free until 8/19 when I see the Onc.

Sweety

100 fasting this rainy morning. The monsoons have finaly arrived here, but so far not too much of rain. But we do need it very badly.

Bigskygal I am very happy for you and hope you feel fine soon. All those who are not keeping well, do get well soon.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

176 this morning.

That's good to know, Grammabear; I've never been so slow to bounce back.

Hot and humid in these parts. I expect our A/C will be running the next few days.