You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

130 this morning.

Tamagno - Hope you get out of the hospital soon and can relax at home in your own bed. Blessings
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Sweety

Tamagno, hope you feel well soon and come back to your home.

103 today morning.  It is raining very heavily here for the past 3-4 days. Some of the dams have started to fill up a bit. Badly needed i say.
Diabetic ?

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  There is a tropical storm off of Baja California so some of the remnants are coming up here and our normally low humidity will be higher.  Not nice when our temp. is around 100° but right now it is 30% which is high for here but if that is as high as it gets it won't be bad.
Tamagno, sorry you are in the hospital but I kind of thought that may be why you didn't post.  Hope you are able to get home soon and be well.
Sweety, glad you are getting rain !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

122 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

80° today, definitely warming up...I don't like it!

Slept badly last night or should I say tried to sleep. When I finally dozed off as the sun was coming up I had a horrific nightmare. I have to put the bottle of Benadryl by the bed so I can take it early on for these sleepless night. Feel like carp today...

Sweety glad to hear you folks are getting the much needed rain.

Tamagno, I too suspected you were in hospital when you didn't post. Hope you are feeling better and are able to go home soon. Continued prayers coming your way.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

162 this morning.

Well, I'm home! Unfortunately, got to add a fractured lower back to the list of things. Won't have labs for the lung fluid until later in the week, but mostly am just hoping it's not cancer.

I released myself against medical advice (still real weak), but can't see hanging around hospital or rehab just waiting for results, especially with decent weather. Never had any luck with rehab either, and can't see struggling with awful food as well. Will be seeing my doc later today, though, and will be interested to get his thoughts.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Oh dear. Please take good care of yourself John. Hope you feel fine soon.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

124 this morning.

Welcome back home Tamagno.  So sorry for your additional problems.  I hope your doctor will have something positive to tell you later today.  In the meantime, do take it easy.

Bigskygal - I sometimes have those nightmares too and would love to know the reason for them.  Hope tonight is better for you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Weather wise it looks like we will be around 100-105° for the first few days of July.  That is not bad for here.
Barbara, a good nights sleep is important so hope you do better.  I have been pretty fortunate and seem tp sleep pretty well.  I haven't had a nightmare for many years.  I do dream every night but it is more of an adventure.  I marvel at how I seem to be when asleep. 
Tamagno, a fractured lower back does not sound like a good thing.  I was fortunate when I broke my hip and rehab was not a picnic but not that bad.  I would have had a really hard time trying to recover by myself.  Hope your doctor has some good news for you. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this partly cloudy morning, 116 at bedtime last night.

Oh my gosh John! Did you fall or something to have injured your back? I can surely understand leaving the hospital AMA, that is no place to get any rest at all. Hope your dr has some good news for you.

Thanks Grammabear and Wally. I usually sleep really well but every 4-6 weeks I have one of those nights that I just can't get to sleep. I put the Benadryl on my nightstand for the next time. I slept well last night thank goodness.

So far no skunk sightings! I guess the peelings drove them out of their den. I did see 2 dead ones on the road at the end of my lane the other day when I went out. My guess that is 2 of the 3. Not what I wished for them but that's not unusual for baby skunks.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Hello John,

Hope you are feeling better now.

It's raining hard here. very much the Mumbai rains. A bit late but pouring in like anything. I wish there was a way to collect the water before it hits the ground and flows out into the sea. One day's rain would mean drinking water for the entire city for a year.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

159 this morning.

Doing a little better - getting my heart rate under control makes a difference, though it's still too fast which contributes to weakness; seeing the cardiologist tomorrow. Not much to be done with the back problem (surgery's got its own drawbacks) and the only other option is opiates which I just hate. I'll tough it out awhile.

Won't get labs back on the lung fluid for another day or so. That's the nasty one.

SKB, rural areas in the U.S. often use cisterns to collect and save rain water. Seems like some such scheme (perhaps on a large scale) ought to have value there, but I may be missing many exigencies.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Glad you are home Tamagno.  At least there you have peace and quiet for resting.

I have to see the podiatrist today.  A few days ago a small shampoo bottle fell on the top of my foot and now it is really bothering me.  Such is life I guess.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  We didn't hit the 100° mark but close enough at 99°.  It will probably be around the same today.  I had lab work done yesterday for an appointment with my PCP next week and I am kind of curious about the results.
Tamagno, hope you get good news from the tests.
Grammabear, OUCH, hope it is OK.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

122 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

Glad you are feeling a little better Tamagno. Keeping you in my prayers that your test results are good news.

Grammabear, hope your foot is OK.

A bit over 80° yesterday and muggy for here. Today is cooler so far...

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 02, 2019, 06:05:01 AMSKB, rural areas in the U.S. often use cisterns to collect and save rain water. Seems like some such scheme (perhaps on a large scale) ought to have value there, but I may be missing many exigencies.

The Municipal Corporation here has introduced a lot of mandatory water harvesting and  conservation policies. However, these steps are vastly inadequate to address the "problems of plenty".
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club