You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Supposed to be hot here today with high humidity and temperatures in the mid-80s.

Seeing the cardiologist later who may have access to hospital labs. I'm eager to get those results and get on with whatever. Also need to get my heart rate down more as it's running around 120 most of the time...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

The Podiatrist appt went well.  No broken bones in the foot, just bruised on the top.  Will take a little longer to heal, so he says so that's good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Temp staying about the same with a high of 98° yesterday and should be around the same for the rest of the week.  Thankfully the humidity is low, around 11-13% so the cooler works quite well. 
I got my lab results back and it looks pretty good.  A1c was 4.5% which surprised me again as I have loosened up a bit and tried some foods I had avoided before.  Lipids are good :
Total Cholesterol = 155
LDL = 99
HDL = 44
Trigs = 113

I am really happy about the trigs as at one time I had extremely high numbers there.
Electrolytes are all normal and that is a big thing also.  The only problem area in the Microalbumin which is still high and is possibly showing a kidney problem.
Tamagno, hope you are able to get the test results to know what is going on.
Grammabear, glad there is no broken bones.  I'm sure it will be painful for a bit but it will heal.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this thunderstorm morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

Huge thunderstorm passed through here yesterday afternoon with about an inch of rain and pea sized hail. And again this morning I woke to huge claps of thunder and more rain.

Tamagno, I hope you get some info at the dr today. And hope it is good news.

Grammabear, glad nothing was broken in your foot. I imagine that it is pretty sore though.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Great numbers, Wally; you get my official "attaboy"!

No news on my end. The cardiologist is keeping my meds as is and I'll just be seeing him regularly. Likely no longer a candidate for cardiovert this time, so I'll just live with it.

I did, however, get some lidocaine patches for my back from my GP that are great. Wore one to bed last night that really helps. You can't wear them 24/7, but between that and Tylenol think I should be okay on that end. Actually, I'm kind of surprised these aren't offered more often.

Very hot here again today. Interestingly, though, most everywhere you go has so much a/c going that long sleeve shirts remain a necessity.

Happy Independence Day to all us Americans!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Happy Independence Day to all US friends.

Wally those numbers are great, no doubt. The A1c I've always felt, depends largely on the Hemoglobin levels. If this is low the A1c tends to be low.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Happy 4th July everyone in the USA.  It is so hot here that the A/C runs 24/7.  Between the heat and the intermittent rain, don't believe we will be able to do any barbecuing at our place :(.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  It is going to be a bit on the warm side today, around 98°, but then our humidity will be round 11% and that makes a difference.  Happy Independence Day to all in the USA, time to fire up the Traeger and BBQ traditional burgers and hot dogs.
Tamagno, glad you got the  lidocaine patches, that should help a lot.  I guess it's a good thing you don't need the cardioversion right now.  I have a tendency towards Afib and take a med for that.  My heart rate though is normal so that is not part of the problem.  I do have an ongoing problem with high blood pressure and that will be a topic I have to take up with my doctor next week.
SKB, yeah, I brought that up with my PCP last time and she agreed that a low Hemoglobin level would cause the A1c to be low because of that but she also said she didn't think mine was low enough to have an effect.  I did take an average of my readings for the month of June and my average, testing 4 times a day, is 94 which would be about 4.9 so the A1c may not be that far off.  The main thing to me is that I seem to be that I am keeping in a safe zone for preventing problems from high blood sugar, I hope.  I am pretty happy with the other numbers but I still have higher than normal levels for my kidney function so that is a concern.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this mostly clear morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

Happy 4th to all of us in the USA!

Yesterday my lawn guys came out and started mowing. They got about 15 minutes in when a giant thunderstorm cracked right overhead and dumped a ton of rain. They high tailed it out of here. And to my surprise, they just showed up today to finish the job. On a holiday no less! This guy is a keeper!

Glad you got the lidocaine patch and it is helping the pain Tamagno.

Still have thunderstoprmds in the forecast, but the sky looks pretty clear so far.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

189 this morning.

Attended a small mid-afternoon dinner yesterday some of which was interesting. As so often happens, one guy told me how he'd cut carbs when diagnosed t2, but then went on to describe his diet (oh my, at least under 200 gms/meal - perfect according to his dietician). Tried a new tactic and yelled at the guy; couldn't be worse than my usual gentle persuasion.

The sheer quantity of food consumed stunned me. Several had huge steaks as well as a couple of cheeseburgers and fries.

The thing is, you can't eat so much unless you're in the habit of doing it. Heavens, it's hard to imagine even the cost of such diets. Perhaps I'm just jealous over the ability (both financial and physical) to eat like that.

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Tamagno - Your dinner sounds interesting.  It never ceases to surprise me when someone thinks they have cut carbs drastically and then they tell you what they normally eat.  One individual I spoke with said that as a T2, she had cut carbs so much that she didn't have to use insulin.  However her doctor added a different injectable diabetes medicine so she still is injecting medicine and eating whatever she wants - as long as she doesn't forget her daily injection.  Sigh.........
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Well, this 4th of July will be remembered for a while.  We had a 6.4 Mag. earthquake with the epicenter just 10 miles North East of town.  It really shook and for a long time, at least 30-40 seconds and that is a long time when the whole house is rolling and shaking.  It was felt as far away as Las Vegas and all the way down to the Mexican border.  People in Los Angeles were panicking but it was a lot less of a shock there.  We have been having a lot of aftershocks, over 100, but most you don't feel.  This morning at 4:00 AM we had a 5.4 aftershock and that was a wake up.  There has been some minor damage and minor injuries but fortunately no major injuries.  Our poor little dog is really shook up.  I think it will be a while before she gets over it.  The shaking from the earthquake and the aftershocks and then last night the fireworks.  Right now she will not leave my side and when I am at my desk she is under it.  I have been through several big earthquakes and don't really get bothered by them but this is the strongest for Southern California in 20 years so a lot of people are feeling this for the first time.  We get the Los Angeles TV news stations here and this little town of Ridgecrest has all of the sudden become the talk of all of the LA news stations. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

117 this morning, 124 at bedtime last night.

Wow Wally that was some earthquake! I asked about it in the Exercise thread but you explained it here. I don't miss that about CA although MT has it's fair share of earthquakes too.

Grammabear

When I heard the news and it was an earthquake in California, I thought about you Wally and hoped you were safe.  I feel for your poor little dog.  It must have frightened a lot of animals and people as well.  Stay safe.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Poor puppy, on top of the earthquake the 4th of Just fireworks are he!! for pets. When my cat was alive, he was terrified of the fireworks. One year my DD's Jack Russel Terrier was so afraid he broke out of the yard and ran away. He was hit by a car and killed. So sad. I hate fireworks!