You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

118 this morning.

I saw the Apple test kit advertised on my FB newsfeed.  It looked kinda neat but I'm sure my insurance would not pay for it sad to say.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Well, we had a high yesterday that was under 100° !  It was 99° but still, it was under 100 !  It looks like the same today.
I had never heard of the Apple test kit before but I looked at it and it doesn't do anything my Countour Next One doesn't do.  It connects with Bluetooth to the Contour App on my iPhone also.  I guess the big thing would be the cost of strips.  They have a subscription based system and cost depends on how many a month you want.  There is an unlimited plan that is listed at $395 for a year and that may work out to be a cost savings for anyone that uses enough strips.  It is unknown what insurance or Medicare would pay if anything. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

127 this rainy morning, 118 at bedtime last night.

Another sleepless night. By the time I figured it out it was too late to take a Benadryl. A little stressed too I guess over this liver ultrasound I am having today. Some kind of special ultrasound that looks for scar tissue on the liver. This test ordered by my Gastro.

In the 70's today with periods of rain.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 18, 2019, 11:02:38 AMI had never heard of the Apple test kit before but I looked at it and it doesn't do anything my Countour Next One doesn't do.  It connects with Bluetooth to the Contour App on my iPhone also.  I guess the big thing would be the cost of strips.  They have a subscription based system and cost depends on how many a month you want.  There is an unlimited plan that is listed at $395 for a year and that may work out to be a cost savings for anyone that uses enough strips.  It is unknown what insurance or Medicare would pay if anything. 

Me too. I had to Google it and check if it's an independent BG monitor or one that plugs into the phone jack to be used. Have seen adverts for those some time ago.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

Low this morning (I think).

Getting odd error messages from my glucometer, plus my Dexcom mobile app says it's no longer working and needs to be reinstalled. Not quite sure what's going on with everything today...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

164 this morning.

Forecast today is for 96 deg F with humidity at 86% already and its only 8 a.m.  Heat index is supposed to be high at 115 also.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It's kind of interesting how the temperature affects people in different areas.  Here we are enjoying a high of "only" 99° and in the Midwest to the east coast there is a heat emergency because temps are going to be over 95°.  Part of it is because of the much higher humidity which makes the higher heat much harder to deal with and part of it is what people are used to.  I don't mind the heat as long as the humidity is low and my indoor A/C works. 
Golly Tamagno, it seems like you and Grammabear are constantly having problems with the Dexcom devices.  It is great technology but seems maybe not so ready for prime time. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this breezy morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

The ultrasound yesterday was different from any I have had before. It was like a thunk against the skin at each position, I guess it was measuring thickness. They are looking for scarring on the liver. It only took a couple of minutes and I will get results Monday.

Today I get to see my ever-loving Oncologist. I do have a few words for him!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

87 this morning.

BigSkyGal, lately, I find the most successful words I have for docs are just "no, that's not happening."

Wally, for me at least, often as not when I'm having Dexcom troubles, it's because my glucose is somewhere south of 50 and I just can't think straight.

The other day, I bought a bag of Snickers "Bites" thinking they'd be a good size for a quick sugar boost and good. Well, they're ok at for sugar, but strike me as totally flavorless.  Guess it's been a long time since I ate a Snickers bar. I'm going back to Lindt truffles...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

225 this morning.

Obviously my glucose is out of control today.  Gotta sit down in a little bit, once I wake up, and figure out the cause.

Tamagno - I fell for the Snickers bites too but ended up putting them in the 'round file' because of the cardboard taste.  On the other hand I love the Lindt truffles - just enough sweet for the occasional treat.

Also jammed my finger into the freezer yesterday to keep something from falling out of the freezer onto my foot.  Now my nail is broken halfway off and I had to trim it way way back.  About half the nail is gone and I'm hoping the rest of the nail will not come off.                           
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Still under 100° with a high yesterday of 98°.  It is supposed to start warming up a bit tomorrow and it is supposed to be around 105°. 
Barbara, when my liver enzymes were running high my primary referred me to my Gastro and he had me do an abdominal ultrasound also but he was checking for fatty liver.  It was pretty much the same as other abdominal ultrasounds I have had so maybe they were looking at it differently.  My Cardiologist has me have an abdominal ultrasound about once a year to check the aorta artery and that was about the same.  Hope your test comes out good and you can forget about it.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

95 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

I've had regular abdominal ultrasounds before. This one was different, they were looking for scarring on my liver. The thunks were like sound waves I guess and they measure how fast it bounces back or something like that. If the test comes back OK, I won't have any more dr appointments until Nov for the eye dr. Yay!

It is a pleasant 70° today I'm liking it!

Tamagno

85 this morning.

A lousy night during which I mostly felt as though I'd eaten something bad (my wife had the same dinner, though, with no ill effects). Hate to be graphic, but I sure did wish I could vomit - something I no longer have the requisite bits for. Just had to wait it out...

Grammabear

122 this morning.

After the horrible heat wave we've had here, today we get a break and it is currently 71 deg which I am loving.

Tamagno - Sorry your stomach gave you problems last night.  Hoping today is better for you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  I did get a little carried away last night for dinner so no surprise.  We finally broke through the 100° mark yesterday with a high of 101°.  It is supposed to be getting a bit warmer in the next few days and will probably get to around 110° by next weekend.  Pretty normal for here in July.
Tamagno, hope you are over that and things settle down.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024