You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

114 this blue sky morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Hope you are feeling better today Tamagno.

It is 80° right now. Forecast says high of 88°, but I don't think it is going to get there today. The next few days are supposed to creep up into the low 90's which does not make me too happy.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 21, 2019, 08:52:19 AMA lousy night during which I mostly felt as though I'd eaten something bad (my wife had the same dinner, though, with no ill effects). Hate to be graphic, but I sure did wish I could vomit - something I no longer have the requisite bits for. Just had to wait it out...

That happens quite a lot. Either the other person's system is able to take care of the bad (parts of the) food or it's just plain luck that you get the bad parts.

Hope you are out of it now.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Seem to be getting gradually better stomach-wise. What a relief!

Heat continues today. We got a surprise visitation by a thunderstorm rolling through late yesterday afternoon that helped some, but it's still nasty to be outside much.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Our air temperature is 66 deg F this morning with a humidity of 70% so it is quite a bit more comfortable than the past week.  These kind of days make one appreciate the good days even more.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We hit 105° yesterday and it is supposed to be 106° today.  At 5:30 AM we were at 78° so that is probably close.  At least our humidity is low, 16% yesterday, so that helps.  Still it's best to stay inside in the afternoon. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this partly cloudy morning, 116 at bedtime last night too.

Well, the clouds have kept the 90's away. It has hovered around 74-78° all day. Even had a few raindrops when I took the garbage up to the road. It smells like it might rain more.

Still waiting on the call-back from my Gastro re the ultrasound.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 22, 2019, 03:00:54 AMSeem to be getting gradually better stomach-wise. What a relief!

Glad that you are getting back to normal.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Ran across a "no-cook" way of making steel cut oats that actually works - you just put some in a container with some cold milk or cream overnight, and they're ready the next day. Amazingly, this is effective, though admittedly, they're a bit chewier than if you've cooked them. Still, in this heat, it saves 1/2-1 hr. watching and stirring over a stove.

My monthly trip to Costco this morning - never an outing I especially like...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

78 this morning.

My oldest son is having surgery this morning.  We're on our way to his home to give him a ride to the hospital.  His wife is disabled and has just had reconstructive surgery on her broken nose so she is not able to drive him.  Wish us positive outcome.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  We were at 104° yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today.  The difference is that we are starting out at 86° at 5:30 AM and it is completely socked in with clouds.  Humidity right now in at 33% which is high for here and I noticed that it has just started to sprinkle !   :(
Thankfully the refrigeration unit we installed is keeping the house cool and doesn't mind the humidity.  People with only a swamp cooler do not do well in this weather.
Grammabear, hope all does come out well for your son. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

119 this partly cloudy morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I hope all goes well for your son. Will keep him in my prayers.

Had. some rip roaring thunderstorms pass through last evening.  The temp never got above 75°. It is 83° right now with forecast of 93°. Thunderstorms again in forecast. I'm hoping temp stays where it is. Humidity is 33% getting to uncomfortable range for me.

Well, the Gastro finally called me yesterday. I do have scarring on my liver. The range is 0-4 with 4 being the worst. Mine is 4 unfortunately. It could indicate cirrhosis, but I had several blood tests a month or so ago that said I didn't have cirrhosis. So not sure what is up with that. He says my liver is functioning just fine. He said this would be considered serious in a 25 year old, but for a 70 yr old probably not so much. Recommended I take Vit E 400 IU a day as it is healing for the liver. And of course cut way down or quit alcohol... I see him again in 6 months. Le sigh...

Tamagno

199 this morning.

Grammabear, my prayers for your son, as well.

Gosh, BigSkyGal, healing prayers for you also! You know, my dad had cirrhosis - it seemed pretty difficult at the time, but he did recover from it really quite well. Hopefully, you'll experience remission of symptoms too. The liver is an organ with remarkable regenerative qualities, I believe.

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Yesterday was a long day that started super early in the morning.  Our son came through his surgery with no complications.  He is now recovering at home and I hope he will do ok from here forward.  Thank you all for your prayers for him.

Bigskygal - Wishing you some answers for your condition and hope you have a 'doctor free' period where you can enjoy yourself.  How is the weather in your area?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  We only got to 102° yesterday primarily I guess because of the cloudy skies.  It is predicted to get to 106° today but our humidity is still around 30%.  We just had an aftershock that shook the house pretty good.  Dog has dived under my desk.  The earthquake app I have shows it as a 3.6 Mag. which is not that strong but it was close so we felt it.  There have been some of 4.1 to 4.3 Mag. that we didn't feel but were a few miles further away, not a lot of miles but maybe 15-20.  Interesting because the 6.4 and 7.1 shakers were felt a few hundred miles away. 
Grammabear, glad your son's surgery is over and he is home.
Barbara, I guess the main thing is that he said your liver is functioning just fine.  I had not heard about the Vit. E before.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

103 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, glad your son is through his surgery, home and doing fine.

The odd thing about this whole liver thing is I have absolutely no symptoms. I googled Cirrhosis last night and read through several articles and what the symptoms are...I have none of them. Doc said it "could" indicate Cirrhosis, not that I had it for sure. Go figure. I started the Vit E today.

I do several Jin Shin Jyutsu holds for liver health and healing all the time I am walking. I know the dr would poo-poo it, but I think that has something to do with why my liver is still function just fine.  I am also a Reiki Master/Teacher and do Reiki holds on my live too. I'll go all woo woo now and admit that I use crystals for healing too and carry in my pocket on the right side at all times stones for the liver. Believe or not, it can't hurt!!  :)

ETA To answer Grammabear's question. Temp yesterday was 890° and cloudy, today is again 80° but breezy.