You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

bigskygal - I think that modern medicine has a lot to learn about alternative medicine and the various methods of healing.  Chinese healing methods have been around for many years - do I understand it all?  No, but if it works for you or anyone else, then go for it.  I, personally, have a therapeutic massage every two weeks.  It has not cured my back problems, but it does relieve tight muscles so I feel better at least for awhile.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Glad your son's okay, Grammabear!

Some nice weather out here the next couple of days, for which I'm grateful...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Tamagno - Sit out on your deck and grab some sunshine and cool breeze.  We had it nice the past several days, but they are now saying the "muggies" will return briefly.

My GP told me IF I wanted to lose weight to get my carbs under 100.  As T1 I am thinking that isn't low enough by a long shot because my weight loss efforts have stalled big time.  What are anyone's thoughts?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  We are only expected to get to 101° today and it is overcast right now humidity is high.  The temp. is going to start climbing though and Sunday is supposed to be 111°.
Grammabear, I think everyone is different so what works for one may not work the same for another.  Cutting carbs sure does seem to help a lot for losing weight.  When I was strictly keto I last a lot of weight and actually got a bit too thin. At that time I kept to no more than 25 grams of carbs a day.   Losing weight was not my goal, controlling blood glucose was but the weight loss was a side effect. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Thanks Grammabear. I don't have definitive proof these things work, but I do know they can't hurt, so why not? And most all my of tests seem to indicate things are going OK so far.

Still pleasant here, high predicted is 85°, but it is only 75° now so I doubt it will get up there. I am enjoying this cool summer!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Grammabear, the fewer carbs I eat, the less insulin I use and weight loss happens very quickly. Pretty much the only time I go over about 50 carbs/day max (usually about half that) is correcting lows.

Looks like another warm, sunny day today - best take advantage of these while they're around...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We actually got a little bit of rain off and on yesterday and the temp. was lower at only 93° for the high.  Today all of the clouds are out of here and the temp. is heading higher with a high predicted at 105° today and 110° by Sunday. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

112 this morning.

Did not post this morning earlier because we lost our internet connection for almost all day. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

117 this partly cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Forecast for today was 90° but as of 5:15PM it is only 80°. I'll take that. I think the cloud cover is keeping it bit cooler.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Slept very fitfully last night and poorly. Doubtless, I'll catch up today and tonight.

I used miso yesterday to make a dressing for some vegetable salad - an interesting flavor I'd not tried before, at once sweet and sour. I suspect that like kimchi, it's one of those things not always suited to western tastes.

Grammabear

110 this morning.

We learned yesterday that my 19 yr old grandson has a brain tumor.  The Doctors operated yesterday and put a shunt in his head to relieve pressure on his brain.  Depending on the outcome in the near future, they will operate to remove as much as possible of the tumor very soon.  It is not known whether tumor is benign or malignant.  Very stressful news for us.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted with a high yesterday of 104° and heading to 107° today.  Thank goodness for air conditioning ! 
Sorry to hear that Grammabear, hope and pray for a good outcome.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

117 again this morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

Oh dear, Grammabear. It was hard for me to like your post. I will keep your grandson in my thoughts and prayers that he has the best outcome ever.

Sky is clear today, high forecast 88°. It is 80° right now, just past noon, so it could happen. I've got my summer routine down for keeping the house cool so I can live with 88°. I can use my ceiling fans now so that helps. Boo was terrified of them and I couldn't use them when he was with me. Le sigh, I'd take him back in a heart beat and be happy to be hot!  :'(

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on July 27, 2019, 08:50:55 AMWe learned yesterday that my 19 yr old grandson has a brain tumor.  The Doctors operated yesterday and put a shunt in his head to relieve pressure on his brain.  Depending on the outcome in the near future, they will operate to remove as much as possible of the tumor very soon.  It is not known whether tumor is benign or malignant.  Very stressful news for us.

Oh dear. That is very stressful news indeed. Hope things turn out alright for you. Our Prayers and thoughts are with you.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

209 this morning.

Very difficult for all of you, Grammabear. I'll join Wally and others in praying for successful treatment.

Looking like a continuation of our nice weather here. The tomato plants my wife has grown in containers are producing a good supply of delicious fruit. Always wonderful to have this time of year and it's good to know the plants have grown quite successfully in pots that are very conveniently placed on our deck.