You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

Very high.

SKB, I think C.S. Lewis book "The Four Loves" is great on explaining the nature of friendship, especially as regards "philia" which us moderns have largely lost or don't really understand.

Had a sick day yesterday that started while at the check out at Staples. Wasn't at all sure I could make it home with terrible nausea and fatigue. Took some time, but I made it and slept or napped most of the day. Hopefully, better today, but high glucose isn't a great sign.

Anyway, Staples had a $30 off special on Amazon Echo which I bought just for fun. Turns out that it'll connect to Dexcom if you're using "Share" and "Follow" and I'll be able to ask it for my latest glucose reading. Hopefully, I'll be able to play more with it today.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

126 this morning.

We're going to the grocery store today after my husband donates blood to someone in need.  He has donated over 7 gal so far in his donating career.  He is blessed with good health and hopes his donations will help others in need. 

Tamagno - Sorry about the fact you are feeling poorly.  Be kind to yourself and hopefully today is a bit better.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  There is only a slight chance we might get some rain tomorrow but it is looking good for more snow in the mountains.  The snow pack is below normal right now so hoping we see more in the next couple of months. 
Tamagno, sorry you are feeling bad, hope you are better soon.  I just don't feel comfortable trying to converse with an AI.  I don't even use Siri on my iPhone.  I guess a case of old dog avoiding a new trick.   ::)
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 this morning, 89 at bedtime last night.

I'm with you Wally, I am not interested in using AI at all. (Putting on my tin foil cap) I am uncomfortable thinking that somewhere, someone is keeping records of the conversations, choices etc that go through those devices. I don't use Siri either. (Removing cap)  ;D

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Sad to report I had to put my good boy Sam down yesterday. He'd got to where he was declining visibly every day and it was time. There was nothing could be done for his brain cancer. He'd been my constant companion for 15 years...

Meanwhile, I'm still not free of the nasty nausea, but it's enough better I can function. Hoping to get back to "normal" today.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Tamagno - So verry sorry to hear your good boy Sam has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.  It is never easy to say goodbye to a furry friend.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We are warmer this morning at 35° and that is because of the heavy cloud cover.  Now they say there is a 40% chance of rain today and 60% chance tonight.  Hoping that comes true. 
Tamagno, sorry about your loss.  It is never easy to have to say goodbye to a friend but we make their life as enjoyable as we can and when the time comes we have the memories.  Hope you feel much better today.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 this morning, 86 at bedtime last night.

Oh Tamagno,  ~hug~  So sorry to hear about Sam. Maybe he'll run into Boo at the Rainbow Bridge. Now all we have are the memories and they are so sweet. Hope you are feeling better.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on January 05, 2019, 05:52:02 AM
Sad to report I had to put my good boy Sam down yesterday. He'd got to where he was declining visibly every day and it was time. There was nothing could be done for his brain cancer. He'd been my constant companion for 15 years...

Very sorry for your loss John. But you can take solace from the fact that 15 years is a full life.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

240 this morning.

Many thanks for the condolences all. Now I've only to deal with my wife who wants a new puppy; I'm not at all prepared for that again...

Alexa is proving rather different than I'd imagined and it's fun to be able to just ask for my current glucose reading or heart rate (it connects to my Fitbit), not to mention asking for current weather or music. It's easy to turn off and/or just plunk my hat over it when I don't want it.

Grammabear

112 this morning.

We've had abundant sunshine for 3 days in a row.  Hubby took advantage of the warmer temperatures and washed both cars yesterday.  Today however is a different story - looks like rain and no sunshine either. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We did get some rain last night but only .03 inch so just got the pavement wet.  It's out of here now and we have clear sunny skies.  There may be a chance for something next weekend but that is a bit too far out to consider right now.
Tamagno, a new puppy is a challenge but I am glad we got one after having to put down our dog a year and a half ago.  She was not house broken and chewed everything including my iPad so there were times when it seemed like a bad decision but all is good now and she has turned out to be a good dog. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

96 this drizzly morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

Light rain this morning, a few flakes of snow a few minutes ago, but don't think much more is coming. Pretty mild weather for the next week, save Monday night at 15°F.

As much as I may want another fur baby, I am going to wait at least until after my trip to CA in May. My heart isn't ready yet for a replacement.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Grammabear, the winters here along with chemicals used to treat ice are so bad for cars that I got a deal at the car wash in town allowing unlimited car washes for a monthly fee. I like that there are a few around and the one I use in winter is a drive through. I run my car through it at least a couple of times a week if only to get the undercarriage bits washed off some.

If I wind up with another dog, it'll have to wait until at least spring. At that, I don't see myself dealing with all that's involved...

Grammabear

147 this morning.

Winters here in years past were very hard on cars.  Highway department has to use salt and other chemicals on roadways or else there would be more accidents than there already are. 

I would love to have a dog but not sure whether I could tolerate the "puppy" stage.  But then, I could always adoopt a grown dog.

Yesterday I tried something new in baking and made two very tiny loaves of Banana bread using 'green banana flour.'  The recipe should have been a clue to me to add some form of sweetening as there was none stated for the recipe.  My husband was kind in his assessment and said "Well, I've had better."   ;D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021