You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Well, our high yesterday was 50° and at 6 AM it was 50° !  High winds through the night with gusts as high as 50 MPH and still quite windy.  Rain maybe this weekend.
There is no doubt that a new puppy is quite a challenge and a lot of work.  Adopting an older dog is not a bad idea but I think you have to be patient to find the one that fits.  A new kitten is a lot easier to deal with but you have to be ready for that also.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

Woke to about 2" of new snow, sort of expected it as it was lightly snowing when I went to bed late last night.

I'm not sure if/when I get another cat that I will get a kitten. It has been a long time since I've had a kitty and I'm not sure I'm up to all that entails...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

185 this morning.

My wife's going wild looking at dog-adoption sites and breeders. Whether puppy, kitten or adoptee, often as not there's a fair bit of work.

Just as a practical matter I'll mention that the lack of pet dander and fur makes daily vacuuming and other cleaning chores much easier. I could grow to like that.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Tamagno - It was time for a new G5 transmitter for me, so I opened the box and guess what?  It was empty.  :o
Since that transmitter was one of two that I had on hand, I just opened the second box and that one was fine.  Now
I get to make a call to Dexcom.  Talk about shocked.

Today is cloudy, gray and will likely rain all day as it did yesterday.  If this were snow that was falling, we would have drifts
many feet high.  At least you don't shovel rain.   ::)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  It was quite warm yesterday with a high of 67°.  It was comfortable walking around in the afternoon with a T-shirt.  It will be cooler today, expecting a high of 60° but still nice and the wind has stopped !
Tamagno, yep, there is surely some maintenance issues with a pet.  My female rescue sheds 24/7 and 365 days a year.  There is dog hair everywhere and the vacuum has to be emptied a lot more often.  More work for sure but then there is the reward of another friend. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this cold morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

It was 17°F this morning when I got up, right now it is about 25° may go up a bit more, but not much. At least it is dry, no new snow.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Slept late this morning which is unusual for me, but am hoping I'll feel more productive today. For some reason, I don't seem to be very predictable as regards my good and bad days which can be frustrating and disrupts a lot of plans I might have. If I can get through the mid afternoon without napping, I'm doing well. Hopefully, today will be such a day as I need to do some cooking as well as replacing both my insertion set and CGM sensor - often an adventure!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - Yes indeed, changing an infusion set and a cgm sensor can be both an adventure and depressing at the same time.  Recently I've tried putting that job on my list of 'diabetic chores' and even sometimes laying out the necessary articles the night before so I don't forget.  Sometimes it seems our dining room table gets a bit messy and becomes a desk instead of a table. 

Some kind of wild critter is visiting our yard after dark and making divots in the lawn.  We have not seen what animal does this but sure hoping it is not a skunk.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  We are still kind of warm for this time of year.  There could be a chance of rain Sunday and Monday but it is probably not going to happen.  They have been getting snow in the Sierras and that is a good thing.
I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow and had blood work done.  All of my numbers look good except for my kidneys and that has been elevated for some time.  At least it is not getting worse.  My A1c was 4.6% and like before I suspect that this is a bit off but other numbers look good so ?   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear! 99 here too this morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

Weather still mild, which is fine by me!

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Grammabear, changing all our diabetic tech can be trying, for sure. I got lucky yesterday and it looks like everything's working. I'm "stretching" both sensors and insertion sets these days with decent luck - my last sensor was just starting to go screwy after two weeks and I got nearly the same from my insertion set.

Wally, sure glad your blood work is okay. My big interest there is learning just what everything means, and more tricky what they mean in their aggregate which would be interesting to know.

Plenty cold today with no temps above freezing. Thankfully, no snow around.

Grammabear

88 this morning after a few hypos last night.  :(

It is just 15 deg F (9.44 deg C) and feels like 6 deg F because we have 'north' winds today also.

Tamagno - I can no longer stretch my infusion sets past 2-3 days as by the third day my numbers climb up past 200 because the cannula is treated as a invader and closes off insulin delivery.  Plus I had an abscess several years ago from leaving it longer than I should. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We are having pretty nice weather right now.  We got to 67° yesterday and 38° at 6:00 AM.  There looks like an increasing chance of rain next week.
Tamagno, yeah, some of the abbreviations on the test report are difficult to figure out.  My doctor is good at taking the time to explain anything and that helps a lot.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

95 this cold morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

With the frigid weather the animals are coming down from the mountains to the valley. Yesterday there were 3 mountain lions (mom and 2 teens) in the next town over and in the local park here 2 wolves showed up. There'sa good reason to walk indoors! 😊

Tamagno

High this morning.

Wally, both mountain lions and wolves are starting to be seen around here despite the usual state denials. These, especislly the mountain lions, are deadly and unpredictable. Yet more reason to stay indoors.

The other being temperatures in the low teens and not rising above 20. Looks like it may be a two-stove day.