You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  Here it is going to be a very windy day and a drop in temp of about 10 degrees but still quite warm compared to a lot of you.  Stay inside and stay warm if you can.  Grammabear, I don't envy you having to go out on a day like this. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 21, 2019, 10:38:33 AM
102 this morning.  Here it is going to be a very windy day and a drop in temp of about 10 degrees but still quite warm compared to a lot of you.  Stay inside and stay warm if you can.  Grammabear, I don't envy you having to go out on a day like this.

Wally ~ I wish I had not even gone to this eye doctor appt.  If you enjoy loud music in the waiting room and assembly line medicine, then this is the place for you.  I could not even hear myself think in their waiting room, much less hear the clerk when she called my name.  By the time I went back to the exam room, where the clerk did the actual exam, my blood sugar went from 133 to 198.  Of course the doctor herself jumped all over me for having diabetes that was out of control.  She said my poor vision is due to my high blood sugar and the scar tissue she found on the front of my eyes.  I know for sure I will never, ever go back there.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

115 this foggy morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Weather is very mild here, it's 38°F right now, overnight low predicted 18°. Very light snow, just a few flakes a few times this afternoon. May be more this evening according to my weather app. No sun since last Friday...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

260 this morning.

Frigid here, still. Somehow, seems to be contributing to wild glucose swings that just throws me off every which way.

Got to get myself in gear and get to the grocery before it's too late...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

85 this morning.

Expecting another snow/freezing rain storm today.  Weather lady wasn't sure about the 'track' of the storm so also not sure whether we get snow or ice.  Would rather NOT have either one.

Be careful, Tamagno, on your trip to the grocery store that you are not over run with the crowds of people also "stocking up".
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  Weather here is pretty consistent right now and quite nice, especially for winter.  I do feel for you that are dealing with freezing conditions. 
They are expecting temps in the 80 degree range in the Los Angeles area this week end. ! 
Grammabear, sorry you had such a bad experience with the eye doctor.  I had a bad experience with an eye doctor a few years ago and never went back.  I am lucky to have found a very good and competent eye doctor and I really don't mind going once a year for an exam. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this partly sunny morning 95 at bedtime last night.

Still mild for this time of year here. 28°F right now, high predicted 31° low 28°. Snow in forecast for tomorrow.

Stay warm and be careful Tamagno and Grammabear.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Actually, I got out early enough yesterday that things were pretty quiet. I also suspect a lot of people were staying in. More cold today, but not quite so bad; in any event, with both stoves running strong, this joint stays pretty warm.

Somehow, my glucose seems more volatile lately which is bothersome. I need to pick up more of my preferred fruit juice to collect lows so I don't get into ice cream or something which never, ever works well for me. Should've thought of it sooner, but I'm not sure about the highs that seem more unpredictable than usual (not ice cream related).

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  We were at 30° this morning which is lower than it has been here for a while.  Still not bad though and heading to 57° later.
Another named winter storm "Indra" is pushing East with more cold temps and snow.  Stay safe guys.
Tamagno, you and Grammabear really seem to have a tough balancing act to have to go through.  I am lucky in that I just need to watch what I eat and never have to worry about lows.  I have learned this from you.  I used to think that T-1s had it easy because you just took insulin to cover what you ate and were able to eat anything because of that.  I didn't think that up, I know a T-1 diabetic that does just that because he was told that by his doctor.  He still eats all kinds of high carb and sugary items and just shoots insulin and never tests !  I guess ignorance is bliss, until the effects of high blood sugar finally take their toll.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

101 this morning.

I can't speak for Tamagno, but lately it seems that the things I used to do to correct a high blood sugar reading have absolutely quit working.  I usually try to have 100% juice in the house as well as bananas or glucose tablets (which I detest).

My eye doctor appointment was extremely upsetting and discouraging.  She told me that my blood glucose was 'out of control' and that is why my vision is blurry.  My bg average is 130 which isn't that great either but the eye doctor didn't look at my pump, blood glucose monitor or even do a finger stick.  So how the heck does she have the qualifications to tell me my sugar control is bad?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

105 this lightly snowing morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Lightly snowing all day. High was 36°F overnight predicted to be 24°.

I used to feed the the birds to entertain Boo, now just for my own entertainment. Today I had a ton of doves, about 8 quails, 3 female and 1 male pheasant, several magpies, a couple flickers, 2 ducks and a whole bunch of little birds I can never keep straight. Quite the menagerie! Boo used to love watching them out the windows.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on January 23, 2019, 11:01:38 AM
I used to think that T-1s had it easy because you just took insulin to cover what you ate and were able to eat anything because of that.

Quite the opposite actually. First of all, getting the I : C ratio right is a monumental task. And then there are a number of variables that keep upsetting the ratio all the time.

"Neglect", IMO should have been one of the cardinal sins, being so common as it is. Lately, I've been guilty of it too, and aim to set that right sooner than later.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on January 23, 2019, 06:55:45 PM
I used to feed the the birds to entertain Boo, now just for my own entertainment. Today I had a ton of doves, about 8 quails, 3 female and 1 male pheasant, several magpies, a couple flickers, 2 ducks and a whole bunch of little birds I can never keep straight. Quite the menagerie! Boo used to love watching them out the windows.

You miss Boo, and that is quite natural after such a long companionship. But this could be a great new hobby. Bird watching is a great hobby and a good pair of binoculars will help keep you enthralled in studying their behaviour. Make a daily list of your avian visitors and you will see a seasonal change in their numbers, plumage, behaviour etc.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

80 this morning.

An astounding 46 out this morning with predicted highs in the low 50s before we head back to frigid weather tonight.

Wally, the glucose roller coaster that's so easy for T1s to ride has plenty of problems. Lately I'm finding it produces terrible nausea if I eat something sugary like ice cream to correct lows. So far, the only cures for that are pharmaceutical marijuana and sleep. Trying to maintain reasonable glucose is yet another reason I limit all food intake pretty drastically as everything gets converted to glucose eventually, and I just never can quite predict the outcome. Likely I eat less than 1,000 calories a day unless I've had to use ice cream or some such.

Interestingly, the eight months I spent "eating" only a prepared liquid through a feeding tube were no better for glucose maintenance. During the month I was in Yale hospital cancer ward under the same conditions, they felt compelled to do finger sticks hourly and were still not able to produce stability. Go figure...

Grammabear

114 this morning.

This morning we had a new Avian visitor which was some sort of very large woodpecker.  Mostly we see the 'little song birds' which seem to gather very early in the morning.  Our last visitors toward sunset are two pairs of Northern Cardinals.  Indeed, bird watching is a entertaining hobby.

Our weather temperature is a balmy 8 deg F today and it is snowing lightly.  Yesterday we had 6 inches of snow.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021