You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

170 this morning.

Wow, temperatures headed to the 50s today! Way too soon to expect that to last, but I'm glad of it.

I made a pot roast yesterday into which I threw some potatoes at my wife's request. Unfortunately, they wound up largely dissolved into the liquid making them mostly impossible to avoid. Won't do that again, but it was a good roast.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

197 this morning (a rebound high after a low of 60 at 3 a.m.)

We currently have 44 deg with a high of 48 deg, so different from what we had 5 days ago.  It is also raining at present.

Speaking of birds huddling together when it is very cold, we discovered that during our recent super cold snap, many of our birds roosted on our back porch close to the entry door.  We know this from the appearance of what they left 'behind'.  When it gets warm enough, I will have to wash the porch with soapy water and rinse it.  Still going to continue feeding the birds though.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We have some rain heading this way and should be here around 10:00 AM by the radar. 
I have an early appointment with my dermatologist so posting a bit earlier than usual.  I have a spot on my leg that is suspect so I'm interested to see what he thinks. 
Glad it's warming up for you guys and hope it lasts for a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this mostly cloudy morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

More snow overnight, but no more today. My neighbor plowed my driveway so I could get out to take the garbage to the head of the road.

We have some very cold days and nights predicted for this week, teens during the day, single digits (some minus) overnight. No snow in forecast until beginning of next week.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

95 this morning.

Daytime highs in the mid-50s continue until the weekend!

The birds up here have to fend for themselves on account of bears' love of bird seed, but I figure their progenitors were managing just fine long before we were around to feed them.

I continue to explore Alexa having added Hue lighting allowing me the luxury of adjusting my bedroom lights from bed. If that's not geeky enough, I find she'll also use Dr. Who sounds and refer to me as "Doctor." None of it's necessary, but it is fun. I'd love to add a robot vacuum, but can't imagine that working at all well...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

151 this morning.

I could have used the robot vacuum when we had two long hair dogs and carpeting.  Now that we have hard wood floors, running the mop over the floors is much easier.

We are forecast to receive freezing rain/snow/ice mixture for the next 24 hrs.  Definitely not looking forward to that.  Hubby's car is in the shop, so he takes mine to work.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

106 this morning.  I think the rain is mostly out of here for a few days.  We had a light sprinkle this morning but it didn't amount to much.  We are about 3/4 inch away from out annual total rainfall and this month is usually the most productive.  Our Sierra mountains are seeing a lot of snow and the snowpack is over normal.  Mammoth Mountain Ski area is sitting at 195 inches on the upper slopes (4.95 Meter).  They got 4 feet (1.2 Meter) in 24 hours.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

Did not sleep well at all last night. Usually sleep really well, but for some reason last night I just tossed and turned for hours. Feel kind of ragged today.

Had a couple more inches of snow overnight. Spent 1/2 hour-45 min clearing the front deck. My back is not happy about that.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Was in Delhi for a couple of days. Comparatively, it is cold. from 10oC to 16oC
Definitely requires warm clothing, especially at night if travelling in an open auto-rickshaw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_rickshaw
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

155 this morning.

SKB, I was surprised on my last visit to New York City to see rickshaws lined up outside Grand Central Station. (This in a town often expressing outrage at using horses to draw carriages.)

Still warmish up here which I hope continues!

Grammabear

100 this morning.

SKB - Thank you for sharing the link for the open auto rickshaw.  It seems like a sensible way to travel, although if the temperature is cooler I can see where warmer clothing is definitely in order.

bigskygal - I don't know if you have access to what I call a "crooked handle" shovel in your stores there, but my husband tells me that they are much kinder to the back than the shovels with a straight handle.  They cost just a little bit more, but are so worth the cost when it comes to back pain.  We even bought our younger son who has a home of his own, a 'crooked' handle shovel as a Christmas gift last year.  Not everyone in the Midwest can afford a snowblower machine, so this crooked handle shovel is a decent alternative.

I need to ask this question:  do any of you notice a difference in your blood glucose numbers when you make an effort to include more 'movement' into your days activities?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  We are at 33° this morning so just above freezing but no moisture so no frost.  It looks like we will be cooler for the next few days with the next chance of rain next week.
There was about a foot of snow at our old house in the mountains yesterday. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 06, 2019, 10:07:55 AM
I need to ask this question:  do any of you notice a difference in your blood glucose numbers when you make an effort to include more 'movement' into your days activities?

Very much so. If your liver is full of glycogen, you will find the BG numbers go up and if your glycogen levels are low the BG will tend to drop.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

121 this cloudy morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, yes, we do have those snow shovels here. In fact, next time I go run errands, I am going to buy one at the local Ace. About 2" of new snow overnight. High today was 20°F, overnight predicted 3°F.

Skb, thanks for the link to the rickshaws. When I was in the Philippines I rode in the tuck tuks. Sometimes a scary mode of travel!

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on February 06, 2019, 06:20:56 PM
Skb, thanks for the link to the rickshaws. When I was in the Philippines I rode in the tuck tuks. Sometimes a scary mode of travel!

Mostly we rely on Ola or Über cabs, but sometimes for short distances this is more convenient.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club