You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

94 this morning.

Do let us know how the cotton gloves work for you Tamagno.  Also, maybe you could mention where you ordered them?

It is cold here and snow is expected tomorrow, don't know how much is coming though.  I hope Spring arrives on time this year as I'm weary of cold weather and heavy coats, hats, scarves etc.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We are enjoying nice sunny weather and temps around 70°.  The only downside is the wind but that is normal around here in March.  There is a chance of rain next week but that remains to be seen.
Tamagno, I found some cloth gloves on Amazon that work with a touch screen.  Not white cotton but they might work.  A few years back I tried cotton gloves when I was having problems with cracked skin but I gave up on it in a short time.  Actually the liquid bandage seemed to work the best.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this snowing morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

It is almost 6 PM and there is a bit of blue sky out. Just a few chances in the middle of the night tonight then just cloudy until next Wed. Yay! I'm going to call someone to plow my driveway tomorrow. My neighbor tried a couple nights ago and got stuck and it wasn't this deep then.  High today 24°F overnight prediction 17°.

I mainly use the gloves overnight for just that reason, Tamagno. But I do have a pen with a foam type top that will work on my touch screen if I want to wear them during the day.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Yesterday, I saw some videos of a frozen Niagra river throwing chunks of ice over a retaining wall. Must be freezing cold.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

116 this morning.

I wore the cotton gloves yesterday while doing some chores. Of course, I quickly realized they're no good for washing dishes. I got mine on Amazon, but they've a manufacturing oddity and the thumbs are all inside out; inconvenient, but okay (I'd gotten the cheapest ones they had). BigSkyGal, that's a great idea for the touch screen pen, I'll try it today. Wally, I ordered liquid bandage which arrives tomorrow.

Still bitter cold today, but the overnight snow didn't materialize, thankfully.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

138 this morning.

It's cold here today at 12 deg and that is the predicted high temperature.  Tonight's low temperature is supposed to be 10 deg.  I'm ready for Spring.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  I do feel for some of you and the cold and snow you are dealing with but I am enjoying the weather here.  We were at 70° yesterday and should hit 73° today.  Overnight low was 54° so that looks probable.  We may see some rain Friday night and Saturday but probably not a lot. 
I forgot about the stylus, I have one and it works quite well.  I tried a couple until I found one that worked well.  The one I have is called the  Meko Universal Stylus and is available on Amazon.  It has two ends, one is a fabric type tip and the other is a flexible plastic tip.  The plastic tip seems to be the best and it is easier to use on a phone as it is pin point accurate.  I don't use it on my tablet but I do use it on my phone if I need to enter text.  With my fat fingers this really helps. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

113 this mostly clear morning, 110 at bedtime last night.

High today was 31°F overnight predicted 11°. Some below zero nights coming Sat & Sun. No snow today!! Called my plow/yard person but he hasn't called back yet. I expect he is really busy. What we had a couple of nights ago is being called a blizzard. Very windy with 26" of snow here in town. Guess I slept through it. Certainly explains all the new snow the other day. I had to go out and uncover my gas meter yesterday, never even thought of that till I looked out a side window and saw it was pretty much covered with snow. 🙁

Yes Tamagno, the quality control on the cotton gloves is not that great, but they aren't that expensive to replace. I like that I can toss the, in the washing machine to clean.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

124 this morning.

So, last night before bed, I used liquid skin on the really bad cracks on my hands, followed by cream and then the gloves. I was able easily to use an e-reader with a stylus. This combo seemed to work pretty well. Great advice, everybody!

A bit warmer this afternoon; headed in the right direction...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

I've always wondered about the stylus and whether they actually worked or not.  I do have trouble writing a text msg as I seem to have 'fat fingers' also because I end up with spelling mistakes before I "send" the msg - which I have to go back and correct.  Any particular brand of stylus that works better?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on March 01, 2019, 09:20:16 AM
117 this morning.

I've always wondered about the stylus and whether they actually worked or not.  I do have trouble writing a text msg as I seem to have 'fat fingers' also because I end up with spelling mistakes before I "send" the msg - which I have to go back and correct.  Any particular brand of stylus that works better?
Check my post from yesterday.  The Meko stylus I use is the best I have found.  With my iPhone the plastic end works great, especially on the small keyboard on the phone.
You can find it on Amazon.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  Still enjoying it being warm here but it is supposed to cool down a bit and we may get some rain tonight.  It looks like we may be in for rain a few times this month.  Hope so.
I hope that those of you dealing with the cold and snow get some relief soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

111 this morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

It was -5°F when I got up this morning! It got up to 30° with some sun! Unfortunately my plow guy is not responding to my calls so I am still snowed in.  :(

Tamagno

85 this morning.

Not quite so cold today, but about 11" of snow starting this morning and continuing through Tuesday. In this case, I sure hope it's all wrong!

Grammabear, while I don't often use them, I've got a couple of styluses I use; one I got at Walmart and one I got from my Tandem rep. Both seem to work fine.

Grammabear

116 this morning.

Thanks for the 'stylus' tips as I've never had one to use.  I've watched other people use them, though, and they do seem to be handy.

Barbara - Maybe your snow removal guy is swamped with orders.  Perhaps you could call him again and remind him you still need the snow removed?

We went to the grand opening of our local Aldi store after a month of being closed due to remodeling.  The new store is really neat, well arranged and some new products that they didn't carry before.  But best of all their produce is so fresh and fairly priced.  Bought several bunches of fresh broccoli yesterday.  It is most definitely blood sugar friendly for me.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021