You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2019

Started by skb, December 26, 2018, 04:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

110 this blue sky morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

Gradually warming and I am dreading the impending flooding.

Thanks skb, I figured out what I was doing that was messing with DP. It was user error and is all OK now. I used to use Firefox or one of its generations on my old computer, maybe I will look into Chrome... I'm used to Safari.

I love my MacBook Air!!! As I get used to it, I love it more! I wonder why they don't load calculators on new devices any more... need to find one I like.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on March 11, 2019, 08:47:34 PMI wonder why they don't load calculators on new devices any more... need to find one I like.

I'm sure there is a Calculator somewhere on the iOS. You need to find it and put a short cut somewhere on your desktop. Search for it, you should find it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

High again this morning.

I've been (reluctantly) using injections in times like this, Grammabear, I just wish I could get my pump sorted out! I'll try yet another insertion set later today.

BigSkyGal, I'm surprised there's no calculator preloaded in your Mac. It'd show up somewhere in apps or utilities. Otherwise, there are several free in the App Store that'll work just fine for most anything.

Busy today, but at least it grows warmer!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  It was a warm 51° this morning at 6:00 AM.  It is supposed to get windy this afternoon and possible gusts of 50 MPH so just another March.  It is supposed to be getting into the mid 70s this weekend so we will see how that works out.
Barbara, I don't know anything about the mac OS but my iPhone has a calculator and Windows has a calculator but you really have to look for it so like SKB said it may be there but you have to look for it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

127 this morning.

Our area might hit 60 deg F by the end of this week which seems impossible, considering we had snow just two weeks ago.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

QuoteThere is

Calculator.app located in your /Applications folder. It provides basic, scientific, and Programmer modes (command 1, 2, 3)

You can access Calculator.app in the following ways:

1.) Navigating to your /Applications folder and double clicking the app

2.) Accessing LaunchPad from the Dock, Keyboard, or Gesture. Calculator.app will be on your first screen.

3.) Using spotlight by clicking the magnifying class on the upper right hand corner or typing command-space. Then type calculator. It should be the first result.

If you used calculator.app very frequently, you can pin it to your dock after launching it. Click and hold the icon on the dock and select the appropriate option.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

109 this cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Thanks guys!! I forgot to look at Launchpad. It has been a while since my other Mac died. Found the calculator and put it on the dock so now I am set. Trying to download Chrome browser and it is taking hours....

Snow is back in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  :(  I hope it is not much! It got up to 40° today nights are still below freezing so the melting is slow thank goodness!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

126 this morning.

After another roller coaster glucose day, finally seem back in control.

Spent much of yesterday installing a sound bar on my TV. A fairly major operation, but I'm happy with the results. Everything integrates with my various Echo devices and I'm able to adjust it in such a way that dialogue is always clear -all good.

I've tried many, many different browsers but I've always reverted to Safari. I know it's shortcomings, but it just seems to work best for me (similar deal with e-mail and I end up just using the native Apple app).

Looking forward to a more normal day with glucose back to normal!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

137 this morning.

I guess it is my turn for a blood glucose roller coaster.  I was fine all day yesterday.  However come late night around 11 p.m., all bets were off.  My CGM tracings show a steep incline most of the night and a much steeper reading this morning.  Diabetes is really a challenge.  Just when we think we are in control, we find out we are not.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Off in a bit to my Cardiologist to have a Holter monitor hooked up.  It is like a portable EGG and records for 24 hours so I have to wear it all day and night.  Tomorrow I have an abdominal ultrasound.  All before my appointment next Wednesday.  It's just routine follow up on my heart valve but kind of a bother.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this lightly snowing morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

It got up to 48° today, not too happy about that. It did snow lightly a few times but nothing to cool things down.

I know what a pain the Holter monitor is Way, been there done that a couple of times! Hope the ultrasound goes well.

Yeah Tamagno, I am pretty much going to stick with Safari, I deleted the Chrome download as it seemed to be totally hung up.

Still some things to figure out...I downloaded photos from Carbonite to this new computer, but it was a zip file and I am having trouble opening it. I also have to transfer Carbonite to this computer. The local "Geek" said to use Time Machine on the MacBook instead. The sales person at Best Buy didn't know what I was talking about, but I do see it in Launchpad so that is my next learning adventure.

skb

Good Luck with the EGG Wally. Hope all the results that come back are to your liking.

Barbara, Google Chrome download doesn't take more than a couple of minutes. I think it was a freak experience you had. If you're comfortable with Safari, then that's always better with Mac. Hardware & Software should always be most compatible. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

78 this morning.

Wally, it's not fun being hooked up to anything! Hope all goes well...

BigSkyGal, just for fun, I downloaded and tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera to give them a try. Mostly based on the arrangements of Favorites plus ease of accessing my password program and printing, I decided to stick with Safari. Seems to me if you've got Carbonite, it'd be just as easy (and more secure) to use that rather than Time Machine. While I use Time Machine which backs up to an external drive, I find it quirky and a bit awkward. You might be better off calling the Carbonite people for help; it's supposed to be very good.

Grammabear

120 this morning.

When I looked out this morning, I realized all of our snow has finally melted.   ;D
I hope it stays away for at least 6 months.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  The Holter Monitor is just a routine I have to go through about twice a year because of my heart valve and to check for AFIB.  It's not a big deal but kind of a pain.  Leaving soon for an abdominal ultrasound, routine again to check the Aorta going through the abdomen. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023