You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patdart

I've given up.  I will just have to fine an amended one this year.  Missing 3 months of mail and life at home has made me playing catch up on everything.  Oh, well, I will catch up finally!

walkerwally1

98 (5.4) this morning.  No rain yesterday at all and although there is a chance for thunderstorms today I don't really expect to see anything. 
Taxes are easy for me since I retired.  I don't have enough deductions to exceed the standard deduction so I file on line and it's done.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

patdart

I again slept late but had 101 reading.  I'm getting there it seems.  I still tire out easily but keep going.  Wound on foot is healing still and in a couple more days should be able to use just a Bandaid on it!

bigskygal

80 (4.4) this sunny morning. 81 (4.48)  at bedtime last night.

Allergies are still bad, feeling miserable.

Even though I am "retired" I still run a small online business, which gives me some good deductions.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

86 (4.8) this morning.  Rain has left but clouds remain.  Tomorrow and Thursday will be windy with winds 25-35MPH.  It should be warming up though. 
It doesn't seem like very many people are inclined to post here, too bad.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

It seems like progress is slow, but we're very young - only been online about six weeks. As long as we all keep telling our friends, we'll grow, and the search engine crawlers have already found us, so new members will be coming along from that. Every time you click the Google & Facebook 'like' buttons, it's another job for the search engines!  ;)

walkerwally1

Yeah Shanny, I realize the forum is young and membership will grow.  It would just be nice for some of the members that are here to join in on the fun.   ;D
A question that probably should go to admin I guess but maybe someone will see this.  Why, when I use the number 8, like in my post today showing my blood sugar reading of 4.8 does the 8 become a happy face smiley ?  It did the same thing a couple of days ago.
It looks like it may only happen when the 8 is in brackets. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

81 (4.48) this cloudy breezy morning, 77 (4.26) at bedtime last night.

I've had that happen Wally.  Maybe the 8 and parens are part of the smiley and the site doesn't realize it  I just went back and put a space before the end parens and it fixed it.  .8)  .8 )

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

GrammaB nailed it . . . the digit 8 and the end parens are common for a smiley in glasses. A space between is all it takes to break the code.  ;)

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 12, 2016, 03:44:44 PM
Yeah Shanny, I realize the forum is young and membership will grow.  It would just be nice for some of the members that are here to join in on the fun.

Wally,
We cannot compare in membership or post count terms with forums that have been around for more than a decade. If we wanted to do that, we would have not thrown out the spammers & mischief makers who come here everyday. BTW, the numbers of members who have been shown the door is much higher than those admitted.

Yes some newbies are shy & reserved and do not share easily. We do take up these things with them frequently & encourage them to post, but that is all that we can do. We were in fact hoping, that referrals from old timers (I mean it as a compliment) like you would bring in some of old friends who may not know of our existence. We want to keep this forum free from commercial interests and therefore have not allowed any form of advertising to take root. Possibly Google Adsense promotes advertising forums deliberately.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

87 (4.8 ) this morning.  Lovely day yesterday warming up to 70°.  We are under a high wind advisory today and tomorrow and temps, should drop a bit but warm back up for the weekend.
Thanks Barbara and Shanny, yep that was indeed it.  I put the space in after the 8 this morning and got an 8 instead of a smiley.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on April 12, 2016, 11:53:31 PM

Wally,
We cannot compare in membership or post count terms with forums that have been around for more than a decade. If we wanted to do that, we would have not thrown out the spammers & mischief makers who come here everyday. BTW, the numbers of members who have been shown the door is much higher than those admitted.

Oh yeah, I do realize that and in no way was I criticizing the forum admin.  I appreciate all the work it takes to make this forum available, I was just hoping to prod some of the existing members to join in.  I'm not complaining at all, it's just "the more the merrier".  Maybe there is a better way to invite people to join in but I'm not sure what that is.

Obviously I haven't figured out how to reply with a quote yet.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 80 (4.4) at bedtime last night.

Had some rain overnight, that helps keep the pollen down, but still suffering.  :(

Shanny

And with these spring storms, there's a fine line between settling the dust & washing out the roads! Dang!  :-\

I still want to sleep all the time . . . at least when I'm asleep my nose isn't dripping!   But I was able to get my rear in gear this morning to make some steak soup which is now simmering on the back burner. BH is making noises that somebody should serve it soon. The family always jokes that he's a master of the oblique reference, so when he says he smells the soup, everybody knows what he really means!  ;D

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on April 13, 2016, 10:12:43 AM

Oh yeah, I do realize that and in no way was I criticizing the forum admin.  I appreciate all the work it takes to make this forum available, I was just hoping to prod some of the existing members to join in.  I'm not complaining at all, it's just "the more the merrier".  Maybe there is a better way to invite people to join in but I'm not sure what that is.

Obviously I haven't figured out how to reply with a quote yet.

I quite agree, Wally. More the merrier works fine with all of us.

About your typo, to your post if you scroll up and see, I've made the correction to the quote.
When "Quote' is clicked, the entire quoted post is opened up between tags "quote & /quote". The additional "/" in the second one signifies "end". By error you had deleted the [/quote] & therefore your entire message (with mine included) was submitted as a single Quote. Hope this is clear.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH