You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

93 this morning.  Have an appt tomorrow for fasting labs including lipid panel and an appt with my GP the following day.  Absolutely dreading the GP appt   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  One chicken leg for dinner last night along with about a cup of Brussel Sprouts and a Tbsp. of butter.  Don't feel sorry for me because I only had one leg.  I don't know where these chickens come from but the leg looked like it was between a chicken leg and a turkey leg.  Threw 2 on the BBQ and could only finish one.   ~hgr~
Looks like it will be cooling down after today, maybe as much as 10 degrees.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this smoky morning, 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on August 29, 2016, 09:29:45 AM
93 this morning.  Have an appt tomorrow for fasting labs including lipid panel and an appt with my GP the following day.  Absolutely dreading the GP appt   :(
~hug~

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 29, 2016, 10:16:42 AM
88 (4.88) this morning.  One chicken leg for dinner last night along with about a cup of Brussel Sprouts and a Tbsp. of butter.  Don't feel sorry for me because I only had one leg.  I don't know where these chickens come from but the leg looked like it was between a chicken leg and a turkey leg.  Threw 2 on the BBQ and could only finish one.   ~hgr~
50 years ago a frying chicken weighed about 2½ lbs. & would feed two or three people nicely. Anymore I can't find fryers under six pounds! Good lord! FRYERS, for gosh sake! I don't even fry 'em anymore - they're big enough to roast, so that's what I do.

skb

Quote from: starsign on August 29, 2016, 06:47:34 AM
AJ is back and he has been up to his monkey tricks while out of town. Was at 126 today. We had a showdown about that  >:(

That doesn't help IMO, starsign. Persuasion would.

Quote from: Tamagno on August 29, 2016, 08:20:18 AM
Actually, SKB, Big Pharma friend's an MD. He's the one I'm studying ancient Hebrew with (I've almost got the alphabet down along with drawing the letters).

That was just in jest John. I know he's your good friend. Good Luck with the new skill development.

Quote from: Grammabear on August 29, 2016, 09:29:45 AM

Good Luck with the appt Gramma. Share the reports if you like.

And I was at 133 today  >:(
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

250 this morning.

Glucose went up yesterday after breakfast (14 carbs) and stayed up until I went to bed when it promptly plummeted providing perilous pleasures but resulting in this morning's number.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  Still on the warm side, 97° yesterday, but it's supposed to be cooling by the weekend.
@Shanny, Yeah, I just wonder how much hormones it takes to raise chickens this large ?  Or maybe it's just selective breeding.  Don't know but it is still a long way from the KFC chicken leg.   :)

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

62 this morning....:( 
Last night at bedtime I had a low, then a rebound high and this morning another low.  Gotta love the variety that diabetes provides us.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on August 30, 2016, 07:21:39 AM
250 this morning.

Glucose went up yesterday after breakfast (14 carbs) and stayed up until I went to bed when it promptly plummeted providing perilous pleasures but resulting in this morning's number.

The grocery store where we shop has just started carrying jelly belly candies in bulk.  You can buy whatever flavor is your favourite in whatever amount.  I did indulge in about a quarter pound purely for 'medicinal' purposes when I have a "low".   ;D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this cloudy morning, 71 (3.93) at bedtime last night.

It is probably a mix of both Wally! Hormones and breeding.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

For the past 20 days or so I've ignored my daily workout routine. And I'm paying for that. Wally's entry into the Exercise thread has infused new determination. So I've started with about 5 kms of road walks everyday. It is fraught with danger to life & limb in a city as congested as ours.
That has helped FBG some. I was 123 today morning, and getting better  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

@ skb, it wasn't a showdown-showdown, more like a heated argument. Yes, I tend to lose my cool when all the self experiments & evidence is in front of us. Excuses like, it's OK sometimes, don't go down very well with me. But not to worry, AJ is as committed to his good health as I am.
Today he was at 115, and seems to be improving his numbers. All is well  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Anyone looking for some exercise is welcome to come over and help stack wood! Only 4-1/2 cords to go...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.  Don't know why the variety in fbg.  I eat the same meals almost every night.  Oh well, I should not complain.

Yippee.........just got a phone call and the doctor's office called and rescheduled my appointment for today.   ;D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021