You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  We are starting a cooling trend and should be 12-14° cooler by the weekend.
@SKB, I have found that when I lay off for a while, it's usually been my knees that I have to deal with, it's difficult to get back to where I was as far as how far I can walk without pain.  It takes work but the best thing seems to be walking as much as I can and it improves over time.  Not sure how much difference it makes in my bg but it probably helps some.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this cloudy morning, 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

Weather is cooling way down here too.  By Friday the high is predicted to be in the high 60's.

I'm going to be joining in the exercise thread too.  I found an app for my iPhone that counts steps.  I want to try it out for a while before I jump into a fitbit.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

There is some SF (maltitol sweetened) chocolate in the house. Gotta finish it asap. That darn thing keeps me in my 120s every morning. 125 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

Quote from: skb on August 31, 2016, 10:38:57 PM
There is some SF (maltitol sweetened) chocolate in the house.
I remember you had once told us to stay away from maltitol, right ?
AJ was again at 115 today.  :(
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

I'm out of the viral woods. Recorded a 98 today  ;D
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

145 this morning.

I'm not sure about malitol(?), but only use pure, liquid sucralose. Just got a couple of 100gm bags of pure powdered Sucralose that I'll be trying shortly. No fillers. I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to dispense tiny enough bits of it - maybe a tweezer - but I'm hoping to save some cash.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Weather has started cooling down and should be in the 80's by the weekend.

@SKB, I had read about the benefits of Chocolate and that it should be 70% or more so I looked at the different brands of dark chocolate and wondered what about 100% so I had bakers chocolate unsweetened and yes it is bitter but I found that I liked it just like that after a while.  Occasionally I have a 1/2 ounce piece and it satisfies my desire for chocolate.  I also like to make chocolate fat bombs for a treat.

@bigsktgal, I don't know why an App for your IPhone would not work just fine.  Anything that counts steps should do the job.  Counting steps is really not that important as long as you get out and walk, but it helps me to have a goal and strive to meet it .  Kind of gives me an incentive to get out some days when I may not feel quite so motivated.   :)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this hazy morning, 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, I got a set of mini measuring spoons from Amazon. Norpro 3080 Mini Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Set includes ( tad, dash, pinch, smidgen and a drop )
by Norpro.  They are great for the tiny amounts.

Wally, is the fitbit waterproof?  Can you wear it in the shower?  If not, I'll just stick with my phone.  I know I lose a few steps now and then, like when it is charging, but for me it is working just fine.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 01, 2016, 07:06:58 AM
I'm not sure about malitol(?), but only use pure, liquid sucralose. Just got a couple of 100gm bags of pure powdered Sucralose that I'll be trying shortly.
Maltitol is a sweetener known to cause gastric issues if over eaten, so I've to limit the chocolate consumption to 3 pieces. You could try mixing with water prior to using & then use as much of the solution, as you like.

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 01, 2016, 10:44:08 AM
@SKB, I had read about the benefits of Chocolate and that it should be 70% or more so I looked at the different brands of dark chocolate and wondered what about 100% so I had bakers chocolate unsweetened and yes it is bitter but I found that I liked it just like that after a while.  Occasionally I have a 1/2 ounce piece and it satisfies my desire for chocolate.  I also like to make chocolate fat bombs for a treat.
The max I can go to is 85% dark chocolate, though 70% is much more preferable.
BG behaved better at 112 this morning.

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

hello guys starting my LCHF with a score of 145  :-[
looks like i hv to start all over again
but im glad to be here
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Rocky,
I completely understand where you are coming from. Same thing happened to Aj when he was out of town for a week. He gave in to his taste buds and is not back to his normal numbers yet. Today he was 119  :(
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

156 this morning.

I was thinking about something like those spoons you mention, BigSkyGal, I'll have to go look!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  Kielbasa and Sauerkraut last night for dinner.  I really like Sauerkraut and it likes me.   ~hgr~
Cooler temps like predicted, 89° (31.7°C) yesterday, first time under 90° for some time.  Supposed to be in low 80's Saturday and Sunday and then warming back up.  Fall is not quite here yet.

No Barb, the Fitbit isn't waterproof.  They say sweat and splash proof but NOT shower or swimming proof.  I don't know why you would wear one in the shower anyway, I just take mine off.  I have the Charge HR that is wrist mounted like a watch and put it on the charger in the morning while I shower and have my morning coffee. 
However I downloaded an App for my IPhone just to try it out and see how it compared and so far it looks quite close to the Fitbit as far as tracking steps.  When I started walking for exercise about 3 years ago I just got a simple pedometer but then wanted something to also have the capability to save and download data.  I didn't even own a Smart Phone then and Fitbit filled the bill for what I wanted.  I think today if I didn't have the Fitbit the IPhone App would be just fine.  Fitbit offers a few other options but for a price of $150 I think it is not enough to make it that much better.  But, since I do have it I prefer it to the App.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this cool overcast morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

It is only 61°F (16.11°C) here right now, some rain in the forecast too.  Forecast high is 70°F (21.11) but I doubt it will warm up that much at this point.

Thanks Wally, I think I'll just stick with the app.  I lose steps durning the day, yesterday I had to charge the phone probably lost 40-50 steps while it was charging. Oh well, still good enough for me.

skb

I'm starting the day early with 113.
Wally 31 deg C is still too hot and sweaty (if here).
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club