You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

195 this morning.

Okay, well, truth be told, I'm a step counter - no Fit Bit or apps for me. I count stairs, steps around the house, steps outside (it's 142 steps to the mailbox unless I'm stumbling) and so on.

I'd like to say I started because of an idea of Richard Feynman's or Nellie Melba's, but I'm afraid I may be just a little obsessive compulsive...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

105 (5.82) this morning.  No surprise, I did pig out on taco salad last night but it was good and I can live with it.
We were at a high temp. of 86° (30°C) yesterday so cooler yet.  Actually SKB, 31° C here is quite comfortable but our humidity is usually around 10-12% and there is usually a breeze from the North and that makes it much nicer.

@Tamagno, I am a step counter also at times, 155 steps to our mailbox, but I can't manage to keep track of 10,000 steps in my head so I rely on a device of some kind.   :)
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

164 this morning.  Will be glad when I finish this medicine and the cellulitis is gone - I hope.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

75 (4.16) this mostly clear morning, 79 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

Went to the farmer's market this morning.  Sadly most of the produce people are gone. Very short growing season here. Nights in the low 40's don't help.  I ordered some green tomatoes for net week.  That will be their last week at the market.

Picked up some more local chanterelle mushrooms at the local grocery store today.  I just love them!! :)

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

hello guys
hv been eating strict the past few days
so the numbers hv started getting better
122 today
My life is based on a true story.

skb

That's great news Rocky, though I started the day on a high note (133) for no apparent reason  ???
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

206 this morning.

Glad to know I'm not alone, Wally! 10,000 steps is a lot - maybe I should try keeping a running total for the day as an experiment.

The 100% sucralose powder I got turns out to be very good. For some reason there's considerable variation in the flavor of pure sucralose liquid, but this stuff is just sweet.

I got it at Amazon for $24USD/100g. It comes from Bulksupplements.com. I'm hoping it'll wind up cheaper than the liquids.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  High temp. yesterday 81° (4.49) so it is definitely cooler.  Supposed to be warming back up starting tomorrow though.
Starting my next Fitbit "challenge" named the Valley Loop also in Yosemite National Park.  This will be a 24,000 step journey.  Don't know how many days it will take me, I am going to shoot for two days but it may take three.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Thanks for the review of powdered sucralose, John . . . I'm getting ready to make an Amazon order & I'll be including it.  ~tku~

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this cloudy breezy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

I'll have to check out that powdered sucralose too.  Thanks for the review John!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

124 this morning. The chocolate bars are finally done with & I can look forward to better numbers.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

I was at 94 today. Since I go to the park for one hour walks, maybe a step counter app would work for me.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

102 this morning.

Last night after dinner, friends got talking about favorite childhood candies. I remember one of mine being the huge chunk of maple syrup candy that could be had in the fall for a nickel.

Somehow, I don't find that quite so compelling in my dotage...

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  I made Oopsie bread yesterday and I really don't know why I have not made it before.  Well, I think I have been kind of intimidated about whipping the egg whites and "folding ingredients into them" without taking the air out.  I was sure I would mess it up.  Actually it wasn't that difficult and they came out great.  I had a BLT last night for dinner and it was really, really good.  I have had all of the ingredients for ever, well, the only thing I think most would not have is  Psyllium Husks and I had those.  I am going to enjoy a lot of things I have not had for a long time.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

165 this morning and this cellulitis is putting up a good fight.  I'm lucky to be able to get my shoes on because of the swelling in my foot.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."