You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

71 (3.93) this cloudy/rainy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, I just can't bring myself to "Like" your post, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Hoping you feel better soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

122 this morning
shanny i need yr blessings to see those double numbers again  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

You got 'em, kiddo!  ;)

starsign

Quote from: Shanny on September 05, 2016, 11:53:00 PM
You got 'em, kiddo!  ;)

That's very nice. AJ is still hovering between 115-125 though he has been strict with his intake. Does recovery from a carby expedition take very long ? I don't think it took so long originally to get him down to better numbers.  >:(
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Shanny

Depending on the severity of the carb 'detour', it can definitely take several days to a week to get things back under control. This protracted recovery time is one of the things that keeps some of us honest!

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Spent much of yesterday doing computer maintenance, especially my wife's iMac that I discovered had over 6,000 mostly junk e-mails cluttering things up. (Makes me wonder how many of HRC's deleted e-mails were phishing from Nigeria...)

For you Mac users, I found a terrific bit of maintenance software called "Clean My Mac" that I've been using for a couple of years now. It will safely and automatically clean out a number of junk files that accumulate as well as uninstall unused programs.

I like things tidy, fast and streamlined so this is a help as I'm not as tech savvy as some of you out there!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  It was 76°(24.4°C) Sunday and 80°(26.7°C) yesterday with a low of 44° (6.7°C) so it is apparently warming up as predicted.  Pretty comfortable right now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

90 fbg this morning.  This is after a protracted high around midnight (according to my Dexcom).  I guess I need to do some basal rate adjustments to get back into range.  I am grateful my leg is less red and swollen this morning and putting on my shoes was less painful.  Funny how the 'little' things in life become more important as you get older.

Is this powdered sucralose the same thing as Splenda, or is it different entirely?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap myself from yesterday with another 71 (3.93), 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night.

It is a gray day here today.  It was 50°F (10°C) when I got up  at 11AM (yes, night owl here) and it is all the way up to 51°F now.  Predicted high is 61° but I doubt that will happen.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on September 06, 2016, 11:53:16 AM
Is this powdered sucralose the same thing as Splenda, or is it different entirely?

Splenda is made from sucralose by adding fillers, in a ratio, so as to make one spoon equivalent to a spoon of sugar in sweetness. What John is talking about is pure Sucralose powder, which would be required in minuscule quantity.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

thanx shanny
since getting back, mum keeps making these goodies  :P
i know i gotta resist n i will
but im still in the 120s
128 today  >:(
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Quote from: Shanny on September 06, 2016, 06:09:50 AM
Depending on the severity of the carb 'detour', it can definitely take several days to a week to get things back under control. This protracted recovery time is one of the things that keeps some of us honest!

Thanks Shanny. Will keep that in mind.

Quote from: rocky on September 07, 2016, 02:11:52 AM
since getting back, mum keeps making these goodies  :P

That's what moms do best.  ;D
AJ recorded a 115 today. Somewhat better, hope the down-slide continues.

Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Yes, mothers like to spoil their children, especially sons.
Today I was at 93 BG  ;D
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

178 this morning.

Glad you're better, Kathy! Those "small" things do have a way of affecting our lives in big ways.

Well, we had some very small rain last night. I can count rain days since June on the fingers of one hand.

The good side of that is that I managed to cut down the weeds out in my garden plot in the woods over the summer that is usually very wet. It hasn't gotten planted for over five years, but I didn't want it to revert to woods.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  Reporting the weather here is really pretty boring actually.  A bit cooler or a bit warmer.  I can count the number of days of rain here since June on the fingers on my elbow.   :D Zero, zip, nothing and nothing in the future.  Sometimes in the Fall we get some thunderstorms but nothing on the radar. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"