You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

Same here rocky, AJ is still lingering above 100. He was at 115 today.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

220 this morning.

Yesterday was in the 90s both temperature and humidity but no precipitation. The guy down the road came by wanting to borrow a cup of water as his well is running dry (he seemed oddly unwilling to give me 10 bucks for it). So far, mine seems okay, but I'm getting nervous about it. Still no rain in sight.

My labs came back yesterday (no a1c for some reason) with too many things out of range for me to interpret. I'm seeing the endocrinologist Monday and am hoping he'll be able to provide some insight.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

138 this morning.  I am going to ask for my abnormal labs to be repeated after I finish the latest round of antibiotics - just to see if anything has changed.

John - When the guy down the road well does go dry, it will cost him far more than a measly $10 to have a new one drilled.  We've been there, done that twice in the 40 some years we've lived in our house and it is costly.  Best wishes for your own well.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  We have been fortunate here to have a water well that has always had a good supply, even through serious drought, but it is a concern now since the drought has gone on for so long.  A good thing is that there was a decent snow pack in the mountains behind us last winter and that is where our water comes from. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 10, 2016, 10:15:21 AM
84 (4.65) this morning.  We have been fortunate here to have a water well that has always had a good supply, even through serious drought, but it is a concern now since the drought has gone on for so long.  A good thing is that there was a decent snow pack in the mountains behind us last winter and that is where our water comes from.

Our first well was a point driven well that went down 30 some feet.  The one to replace that one went down about 162 feet before they found water.  That well lasted about one week before something happened and our water supply simply disappeared and the well company had to come back and drill again.  The midwest was in the middle of a drought at that time too.  Hopefully our present well is stable for now. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

75 (4.16) this clear but cool morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Fall is definitely in the air here today! Liking the cooler temps too!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Talking of wells, we always assumed that all US citizens had a piped water supply, whatever the location. If you rely on groundwater for drinking purposes, do you have filteration / purification plants ? Groundwater in India is not safe for drinking especially for city folk who will immediately have gastric upsets. Our farm has 7 bores but only one can supply water during the hot months of April to June. Thankfully it is a good underground source which takes care of plantation as well as human needs.

BG was 88 pre dinner & 113 in the morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

in saudia the tap water is desalinated sea water
for drinking we always used bottled water

my morning number was 106 today  ;D
hope that continues
im going to clean house today so hope for a better number tomorow
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Way to go rocky  ~hi5~
You're getting closer.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

104 (5.76) this morning.  Well ! Kind of surprising as I ran in the 80's all day yesterday until dinner and the only thing that was carby was some no-bean chili on my burger.  Done just fine with it before but it must be the source.  Not that big of a deal but something to file away.
@SKB, yes, many areas depend on water wells.  I am in a rural area and there are no utilities here at all.  Our well has very good drinking water and needs no treatment at all.  Many Municipal districts also depend on ground water and most require treatment which in some cases can be expensive but areas that are served by surface water, like lakes or rivers, all require treatment before distribution.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

72 this morning after running a 180% temp basal all night on my pump. 

We turned off our air conditioner for the first time in almost 3 months.  The temperature this morning is 59 F (15C) and it was lovely sleeping weather last night.  We also live in the rural area and all our neighbors have their own water wells.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

220 this morning.

SKB, everyone in rural Connecticut has their own well and septic system. Good thing as the water down in town is completely disgusting. I've got an automatic filtering system that back flushes and cleans itself twice a week so our water is quite good without needing maintenance.

Even though I live in a spot with a lot of wetlands, my well is nearly 300' deep. Just now, I'm really glad if it! In emergencies, I've also got the stream in my backyard, but just now its lower than I've ever seen and is barely running.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this mostly cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Rural dweller here too.  I have my own well and septic system.  No idea how deep the well is, but the water is very good out of the tap.  Though I do run drinking water through a Brita pitcher...just cause...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Water is the gold of the future. Seems that future wars will all be fought over it. Don't think we'll be around though ;D
Sundays are days for food experiments in our house. The lunch usually is carby (veg based) & I end up being higher on Monday morning. I could fix it somewhat by working out on Sunday evenings, but yesterday I was pretty lazy. Today morning 128. Will correct that by nightfall.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Our well is 100' deep & hasn't run dry in at least 30 years that we've been here. Several years ago we had such drought that the river level was so low we could walk across it and only get the soles of our shoes wet, but the well was fine.

'Course we're perched on a limestone bluff here, so our water is pretty hard, but the minerals gives it a wonderful taste. As Tamagno said, our town water is disgusting! I'm so much happier drinking good fresh water from our well, than drinking anything that's been filtered through a sewer treatment plant!  ???