You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  No Fall weather here yet, 91° (32.8°C) yesterday and we may see a drop of several degrees Thursday it will go back up the next day.  Off to the dentist today to check on my broken tooth.
We do get snow here on occasion but not every year.  Last year from my front window :

[attachment deleted by admin]
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this cloudy morning, 78 at bedtime last night too.

Tamagno, glad you have good doctors.  The Christmas concert does sound like fun.  Have a great visit with your sister!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 20, 2016, 06:59:04 AM
My sister from Alabama arrives later today and will stay until Friday or Saturday.
Have a great time an recount some of the old stories for us.
Quote from: Grammabear on September 20, 2016, 09:36:02 AM
skb ... Believe me if it were possible to 'send' you some snow I would.  Especially when the snowplow piles it 10 feet high at the side of the road.
That would be something. We have snow only in some of the northern Himalayan highlands, but I've visited Europe in the winters a couple of times. I've enjoyed it for short bouts. Don't know how I'd take an entire season. I do prefer the colder seasons to the hotter ones.

Had some baked potatoes as a part of dinner. The result is that the fasting BG has shot up 10-12 points. 127 today.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

224 this morning.

I think it's much too early to be starting all this talk of snow!

We get plenty of the stuff up here, but it rarely gets started in earnest until the end of December.

Besides, I still haven't settled on exactly which snow blower I'm buying or where...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

sorry guys, was out the whole day today
but i wanted to give this great news
i was at 98 today morning  ;D ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Grammabear

114 this morning.

@Tamagno - When you decide on a snowblower, do let us know.  I'm still trying to talk my husband into buying one.  He insists that using a shovel works just as well as a snow blower.  I would like him to use a labor saving device.

@Rocky - Congratulations on the 98.  Your progress is really good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  Smoky yesterday and probably today from the Soberanes Fire that is near Big Sur California and about 200 miles North West of here.  This fire has been going since July and was started by an illegal camp fire.  Now at 121,050 Acres and at over 200 million dollars the costliest wildfire in history.  Only at 65% contained at this point. 
We are expecting a drop in temp. tomorrow of around 20 degrees and windy, then Friday back up to around the 80 degree  mark.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this cloudy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

Yay Rocky! Back into those 2 digit numbers!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Barbara,
Wish you a quickly healed hip.
I'm still running higher than my usual numbers, 129 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

yup, hope you are well soon
i was at 102 today
i know it will waver in that area n its the same no.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

Wish you a quick recovery bigskygal.

My morning fasting was 96.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

96 this morning.

Getting downright chilly around here with overnight temperatures down in the 40s.

Grammabear, the best made snow blowers are Ariens (maybe also Honda) but a lot depends on how much you have to do. Also, I use mine to clear a path out to the wood shed. I'm debating whether to buy at Home Depot or from a dealer in another town.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I can see where a snow blower would work wonderfully on powdery snow like we had in Colorado, but how does it move this wet heavy snow we get in Missouri?

walkerwally1

100 (5.54) this morning.  Happy first day of Fall to the Northern hemisphere.   ;)
Today is supposed to be the coldest for some time.  Cold and very dry air coming down from the North.  Also quite windy and fire danger is high.  Warming back up tomorrow and back in the high 80's to low 90's by the weekend.

Off in a bit to my Orthopedic Doctor for Cortisone injections for my knees.  Last time has lasted for 6 months so not bad and I am not going to wait too long like last time. 
Barbara, dang, hope you heal quickly.  You're right, can't walk a lot when it hurts.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Our Autumn weather is currently 65 deg with 90% humidity and a high of 77 today.

@Shanny - we get the same "stuff" here in IL and that is one of the reasons my OWC objects to having a snowblower.  In fact if we had the storage room we could actually use a small John Deere tractor with a plow on it.  After the first snow fall, there are all kinds of pick up trucks that magically have plow blades mounted on the front and they go around asking people if they want their drives plowed.  My husband always says "No", but maybe this year he will change his mind.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."