You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

108 this morning.

What a shock weatherwise.  Sunday it was 85 deg, today it is 51 deg F (11 deg C) and the wind is from the north.  One day we have the air conditioner going, today we've shut all the windows and are looking for a sweater.  Guess that is 'Mother Nature' at her finest.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 (5.0) this morning.  Ran off to an early appointment with my dermatologist for a follow up and didn't post earlier.  Four more biopsies taken today, no letup in sight, sigh.  She asked me if I worked outside and yes, I did.  I was a maintenance worker for California Parks and Recreation and worked outside most of the time and every day, well, 5 days a week.  Was not as good at using sunscreen as I obviously should have been.  Now it appears it is time to pay the Piper.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 27, 2016, 03:35:58 PM
90 (5.0) this morning.  Ran off to an early appointment with my dermatologist for a follow up and didn't post earlier.  Four more biopsies taken today, no letup in sight, sigh.  She asked me if I worked outside and yes, I did.  I was a maintenance worker for California Parks and Recreation and worked outside most of the time and every day, well, 5 days a week.  Was not as good at using sunscreen as I obviously should have been.  Now it appears it is time to pay the Piper.   

I'm sorry to hear of your problems that require a dermatologist.  A friend of mine has the Mohrs procedure done about once a year, mostly because she declines to use sunscreen and also because she has a tendency to get the skin problems in the first place.  Best wishes on your further treatment.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this blue sky morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

I have had multiple spots removed over the years.  I can't stand the feel of sunscreen on my face or body, so I am the person in long pants and long sleeve shirts and a hat no matter how hot it is...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Thanks  Grammabear and  bigskygal.  The interesting thing is that all of the time I worked outside I did see a dermatologist while I was with Kaiser and other than once having some pre-cancers frozen I never had a biopsy.  One spot that bothered me on my jaw was brushed off as "probably just an ingrown hair".  That was just before I retired and went on Medicare.  A couple of months later I went to this dermatologist and after a biopsy of that spot showed positive I had it removed and it took 3 tries before he got it all.  The first few I had done required much larger cuts and also 12-15 stitches to close.  Obviously they were round for longer than recent ones.  Yesterdays Mohs took only two stitches and looks pretty minor right now.  I think it pays to get them early. 
I understand that these skin cancers can come from sun exposure 10,20,30 years ago or longer.  I haven't really been in the sun much since I retired in 2010 but the damage is there. 
Barb, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and wide brimmed hat are far better than sunscreen.  I always wore short sleeve shirts and a ball cap and that does not offer much protection.  Mostly wore long pants and guess what ?  No skin cancers on my legs !   ;)
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Wally, hope all your troubles go far away from you asap. Want to hear better news here, at the start of the day.
113 today morning. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on September 27, 2016, 11:11:10 PM
Want to hear better news here, at the start of the day. 
true that, 108 today morning, still reeling from the effects of that party.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

188 this morning.

I sure hope those procedures go all right, Wally!

Well, no coffee for me this morning as I'm off for an endoscopy. I'm sure it'll go fine.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

105 (5.82) this morning.  Sorry, I didn't mean to make a big deal about the Mohs surgeries.  They are really minor, just an inconvenience to be cut and stitched back up.  It is a pain in the hoo hoo to have to go through this so often but 'tis what 'tis.   :)
@Taamagno, I have had two endoscopies and at the same time that I had my colonoscopy so I was out and didn't feel a thing except I did have a slight sore throat afterward for about a day.  I used to have horrible GERD before I started LCHF and it did scar my throat and there are pits in the lining of my stomach.  Much better now.  I am sure you will go through it just fine.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

66 (3.66) this blue sky morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 28, 2016, 03:22:13 PM
66 (3.66) this blue sky morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

96 b/s this morning.

It is 60 deg F (16 C) this morning, down to 50 something tonight. 

Is 66 the normal temperature for your area at this time of year?  I think we are going straight from Summer to Winter with no Fall colors in between.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

209 this morning.

The endoscopy was easy, the results less so. A hiatal hernia was discovered as well as a hard mass at the bottom of my esophagus. I'm waiting for the results of biopsies that should come back Friday.

At least I know why I haven't been able to eat solid food the last month or so...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

bigskygal, how do u score a 66 / 79
im still not able to see the 2 digits, was 102 today
getting there  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Quote from: rocky on September 29, 2016, 06:56:52 AM
im still not able to see the 2 digits,

Same here rocky. AJ reported a 108 for this morning.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  We had thunderstorms come through some parts of the county yesterday.  Nothing here but it looked threatening and to the North it was dark black and lots of lightening.  Heavy rains caused several accidents on nearby highways. 
@Rocky, the main thing to keep in mind is that we are all different.  It is not a competition so set your own goals and try to stay within them.  When I started about 3+ years ago the main idea was to stay below 140 mg/dl at all times because that was known to be the point where organ damage began.  When I found that possible I then set my goal to keep below 120 mg/dl because of meter differences and also because some health professionals believed that this was a better goal.  Anything better than that is great and I like two digit numbers but I am happy as long as I keep below the original goal of 120 mg/dl.  I am often in the 70's and 80's but also sometimes over 100 but thankfully still within my 120 max.   :)
@Tamagno, glad the endoscopy went well and at least maybe that problem can be fixed. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023