You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

165 this morning.

Heavens. You'd think high glucose would be good for something, at least.

Well, in light of everything, I've decided to implement two new things:

- Start wearing bib overalls. Jeans fall off anyway - I'm going to Tractor Supply today for Carhardt's or Dickie's (you American farmers out there know the brands). I'll need two pair; one for every day and one for dress.

- Switch from practicing only scales and arpeggios to actual music. A radical departure going against every OCD grain of my Juilliard-trained personality.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

We have the capability to embed audio files as well.
So if you have any of your music on the internet space, you can share a link here.
That would be nice  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Tamagno - My late father wore bib overalls most of his life.  He had a 'striped' pair for everyday and a dark blue pair for when he took my mother out to eat.  He did vary from wearing 'bibs' when he went to church on Sunday and wore his usual suit and tie.  Soon as he got home from church, it was on with the bibs again.  Be sure to buy them one size larger if they are made of 100% cotton as they do shrink in the dryer.

Beautiful autumn day here with temperature of 60 deg F and a light breeze.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

110 (6.09) this morning.  It did start warming up yesterday as promised and 10° warmer this morning so today should be nice.
Spent two hours in the dentist chair yesterday doing the prep work for a new crown for a broken tooth.  Three weeks to wait for the permanent crown.  I have to take care of the few teeth I have left ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

patdart

I had a 104 this morning.  It has been ranging between 85 and 104 or so now for months.  Glad to be back!

Shanny

And we're so glad to have you, Pat!  ~hug~

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this overcast morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

Pat so great to see you are back.  ~hug~

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Attended a party two days ago. Had a couple of vodkas which kept my numbers down for two days, but the retrospective effect of glycogen storage has come back to haunt me. 125 today, after the 104 & 107.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

102 today morning.  ;D
Going out for the weekend. So will not post.
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

91 today morning.
The rains have stopped for the time being. Hope they don't pick up again. We've had enough for this year. The roads are all pot-holed and that is causing traffic snarls all across the city.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Thanks, SKB; you're an amazing source of information! Most of my recordings, I'm afraid, aren't worth hearing, but if you have my real name, you can find me on YouTube.

Ditto, GrammaBear; your grandfather's system sounds pretty much like my own scheme. Didn't quite make it to Tractor Supply yesterday so I may just order from the Sears catalog, um, I mean Amazon.

Pat, it's great you're back! What's going on?
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  About 5° warmer yesterday and this morning and probably a bit warmer today.  We had a high yesterday of 76° (24.4°C) but quite windy.
@Tamagno, I don't really see myself in bib overalls but I guess they could be comfortable.  I prefer T-shirt and shorts but that doesn't work in the winter.   :D
Hi Pat.   ~wve~

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 today.

The temperature last night was 48 degrees F.  Good sleeping weather but definitely not T-shirt and shorts weather here.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

patdart

91 for me this morning.  I was out yesterday and lots of T shirts and shorts still abound here!
Hi, Wally!

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this cool morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

It was sunny this morning and early afternoon, but now is all clouded over again.  After several days of showers it was nice to see the sun.

Sold my old dead Chevy S-10 pickup to my new neighbor for his 14 yo son to rebuild.  Under the hood is a mess, but the body is in very good shape.  I was getting ready to donate it to Kars for Kids when they came over. Apparently the boy had been lusting after it since he first saw it!  He is the only kid in his 8th grade class that has a car. lol

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.