You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Another 125 today. Will take a couple of days to normalise
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Went and bought the new snow blower yesterday - Ariens, 24" deluxe model. Looks good and throws snow up to 50'. I've had good luck with Ariens products as they're much better built than most.

Just have to get the chimney sweep in and I'm ready for winter!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  Looks like today may be 1-2° warmer than yesterday and then a slight cooling next week but pretty much around the same with winds 10-15 MPH each day.  The winds are coming out of the North and make it feel cooler so it's kind of borderline T-shirt weather. 
We have three wood stoves and I have the equipment so I usually do the chimney sweeping myself.  Which reminds me that it's time to get on the roof.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

77 (4.27) this dark breezy morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

There is definitely a chill in the air.  The leaves are raining down.  Days in the low 60's high 50's and nights mid 30's to low 40's.  Sure glad I found a new and reliable yard maintenance company.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

123 this morning. Visited our farm yesterday after a very long time. The rains have greened up everything. And with time the weather will also be favourable for us to stay the weekends there. Being a rural area, net connectivity was always a problem there, but yesterday I noticed 3G connections on my phone.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Hi,
Just got back from a short vacation. Didn't check today, but will post from tomorrow. Was a bit off-track eating wise. Hope it doesn't hurt too much, number wise.
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Yesterday being a Sunday, we have a very late and heavy lunch. By dinner time we were still very full and didn't feel like eating. So we skipped dinner had only a small bowl of soup & some salad. Net result, AJ woke up to a 92 today ?
I had no idea going without food could do that. I always thought that going without food was bad for diabetics. Any thoughts on this ?
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

132 this morning.

Had an unusually bold fox in the yard early this morning - I caught him trying to sneak up on my Sam. Of course, I stormed up to the fox and yelled and growled but he didn't seem afraid of me at all. Got Sam in safely, of course. This on the heals of last week's bobcat sauntering around the backyard in broad daylight. It's a little weird. Going to have to keep my 20 gauge handy, I guess.

PET scan this morning.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

They do adapt to humans if they live close in the vicinity of settlements. But the 20ga is only good enough to scare them off, which is what I think you are trying to do.
Good Luck with the scan. Do update us. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

128 this morning, most likely due to eating a deliciously ripe pear from our tree. 

Hubby has begun the process of putting the garden to sleep for the coming winter season.  While I'm glad because he enjoys doing yard work, I'm sad too because winter is a long, cold season.  But there is always spring to look forward to.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

100 (5.54) this morning.  Looks like our weather will stay the same, high70's, for the next week and cooling down next week. 
People further off the highway around here have more of a problem with wildlife, bears and mountain lions mostly, and the drought increases it.  We have had a bear and once in a while a Bob Cat come through.  Haven't had to shoot anything but I keep my 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 10, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
100 (5.54) this morning.  Looks like our weather will stay the same, high70's, for the next week and cooling down next week. 
People further off the highway around here have more of a problem with wildlife, bears and mountain lions mostly, and the drought increases it.  We have had a bear and once in a while a Bob Cat come through.  Haven't had to shoot anything but I keep my 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot.

Even when you live closer to the city, there are still wildlife that encroach civilization.  We had a coyote come into our neighborhood and kill a small dog.  And, depending on what kind of shot you load the 20 gauge with, you could dispense with a fox if that was your intention.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

patdart

101 this morning.  A bit cooler here...80's for today.

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this cool mostly clear morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

Tuesday night is supposed to be 27°F (-2.77°C).  Need to turn the heater on in the pump house today.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Tamagno, Hope the scan results are better than expected.
102 today. Thought I would be much higher.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.