You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this dreary morning, 80 at bedtime last night too.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Dropped a bit to 106  today.
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Today AJ scored a little over that 3 digit number. He was at 101  ???
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

89 this morning.

As I'm quickly finding out, all these little "procedures" wind up being more than advertised. My feeding tube goes directly into a lower bit of my small intestine. It took over an hour to install and, well, hurts!

Anyway, the interesting part is that I'm now having some sort of glucerna injected 24/7 at 23 carbs/can and maybe six cans a day. Haven't worked out just how to adjust my basal rate to cover it but I'll work it out.

So, it was actually snowing when I left the hospital yesterday. Big Pharma friend drove me home and I was once more reminded that guys from the Deep South just really don't know how to drive in snow!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Good to have you back John.
How long does this tube stay inside you ? Hopefully, once it is out you should be comfortable.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

87 this morning.  Glad to have you back John.  Hope you folks don't get a lot of the "white stuff."
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this mostly cloudy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Nice to have you back John!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

189 this morning.

SKB, I don't know how long I'll have the tube. It'll be January by the time I have the esophagectomy with another 5-6 week recovery period and I guess I'll be using it until then. Still more comfortable being "this side the ground."

Of course, the snow didn't last! This being Connecticut, we could well not be having any more until the new year. Makes me wonder whatever happened to Nicola Tesla's schemes for weather control. Doubtless some master plan with Big Pharma to keep us all buying oil and prescription drugs during extreme weather events.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

Great to have you back Tamagno.
BG was 88 this morning. We are on a couple of days leave for Diwali.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

115 bg this morning.

Good to have you home from the hospital Tamagno.  Is the feeding tube process a complicated one to learn?  Last year my grandson had one for about 6 months.  He was pleased to have it removed after that length of time.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this mostly sunny morning, 73 (4.04) at bedtime last night.

patdart

I woke several times today and finally woke up and forgot to test for about an hour but then it was 106.

So happy to hear from you again, Tamagno!  I missed your adventure but know you'll work the issues soon.

rocky

Hi Tamagno,
Glad to have you back and posting.
I broke the 100 barrier today and woke up to a 98.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

I suppose, Grammabear, it depends on which kind of feeding tube you've got, but I expect that was a long six months for your grandson. It's not especially tricky, just cumbersome dragging the pump everywhere. (Haven't tried it yet, but they actually gave me a special back-pack to carry the pump around when I'm out - finally I can perambulate through Walmart talking to myself without disrupting my constant eating.)

So, I made myself practice yesterday and I was dreadful! The old rule-of thumb, skip one day, you notice; two days and everyone notices still applies. Today's an IVIG day, so I'll try again while I'm hanging around - maybe I'll be better!

Grammabear

108 this morning.

My grandson had one of those "back packs" although he did not have charge of his 'eating constantly'.  He has autism so his parents were in charge.  The difference in his appearance was indeed noticeable very shortly after he started treatment.  He felt better also, which made us 'grandparents' pleased.  Hope the same follows true for you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021