You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

72 (3.99) this clear cool morning, 75 (4.16) at bedtime last night.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Wally.  Feel better soon!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 04, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
SKB, I was able to connect to the forum on my IPhone and read posts but I could not reply.  If there is a way I didn't figure it out and if I did my fumble fingers make it very difficult to enter text on the small phone.  I may experiment from home to see if I can make it work for the future.

Checked the site with the iPhone Wally. This reply is being posted from one. Yes, space constraints do make things tight. If your wifi speeds are slow, the whole page may take a while to load. But I will keep checking with other phones as well.
If you are using the Blue Piece theme, switch to the default Curve theme. The Blue Piece is not Responsive so things will appear too small for comfort.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Anything you can hold onto with both hands is good support for walking . . . my ortho surgeon loves my Ozark hiking pole for that very reason! BH & I both have one & we both use them all the time.

rocky

After being in the 90s for many days, I registered a 112 today  :(
Don't know what's wrong. Hope I'm not coming down with something.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Tamagno

191 this morning.

Wally, I'm praying this stuff all gets sorted out soon. Lousy businesss!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on November 05, 2016, 04:00:59 AM
Anything you can hold onto with both hands is good support for walking . . . my ortho surgeon loves my Ozark hiking pole for that very reason! BH & I both have one & we both use them all the time.

I also have a hiking pole made from diamond willow wood and a local craftsman made mine.  It works very well.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  I had a good visit with my primary yesterday.  I feel she has a good handle on my situation. I had a series of blood work done and I am going back Monday.  Of course more testing to follow.  She said she has never seen anyone with Calcium as high as I had and if I waited another day to call 911 I could be dead, rather a sobering thought. 
I am getting stronger each day and I am walking around the house without any aid.  The main reason I am using the walker is that I tire after a short bit of walking, maybe 100 steps and have to rest a short bit and the walker offers support.  I really think I will be able to get to the point that I won't need it after a while.  Thanks all for your comments, it helps a lot.
SKB, thanks, I think that my problems are my lack of experience with the phone and my difficulty entering text on the phone.  I am going to practice using it so if I need to in the future at least I will be able to communicate.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

126 this morning as I 'blew' it last night when I had a small handfull of peanuts.  That is what I get for forgetting 'Mr. Diabetes" briefly.   ::)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

73 (4.04) this blue sky morning, 75 (4.16) at bedtime last night.

Glad to hear you are improving Wally.  Sure hope you get some answers from the blood work.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 05, 2016, 10:53:32 AM
SKB, thanks, I think that my problems are my lack of experience with the phone and my difficulty entering text on the phone.  I am going to practice using it so if I need to in the future at least I will be able to communicate.

Try changing to the default theme as I said. You will find a marked difference. Remember to collapse the right side panels.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

127 this morning. I'm also reeling from the festive season.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

123 this morning.

I'm glad you're on the up-swing, Wally! It's amazing how finely balanced our bodies are. Doesn't take much to throw things off.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  One good thing throughout my ordeal is that my bg has been quite good.  I was on a renal, cardiac, diabetic diet which doesn't offer a lot of choices but they let me choose from the available menu.  Of course on a diabetic diet they insist you should have oatmeal and toast, fruit bread etc.  but I could stick with eggs, meat, as long as it was chicken, turkey or fish, vegies etc.  Interesting that after a week I got a visit from a dietician and I braced for that but she actually congratulated me on my diet choices.  Well, my bg was doing good and my cholesterol, trigs were all in normal range.  Still, I was waiting for the standard "you should be eating this" spiel and I didn't get it. 
@Tamagno, yeah, it is really quite amazing how something like calcium being too high can throw everything out of whack.  I won't start taking a supplement without having tests to show I need it.  That was not the cause of this episode, yet to be determined, but still it shows that just adding a supplement because you think it may be a good thing probably isn't a good thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 06, 2016, 10:28:59 AM
@Tamagno, yeah, it is really quite amazing how something like calcium being too high can throw everything out of whack.  I won't start taking a supplement without having tests to show I need it.  That was not the cause of this episode, yet to be determined, but still it shows that just adding a supplement because you think it may be a good thing probably isn't a good thing.

That is quite right Wally. I'm just curious to know, if any systemic alkaliser was / is prescribed to you ? It would say so on the bottle and would be a "citrate" normally.

The problem with Vit D is, that almost the entire human population is low, as per the normals that have been set, and that seems to be the problem IMO
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club