You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

@ Grammabear, I've only had the phone for just over 3 months so it is pretty new.  I got it through my local Verizon dealer ( my carrier) and if I had a problem like you are having I would be making myself a real pest until it was resolved.  Sometimes electronics can be the most frustrating things in the world.  Great when they work and horrible when they don't.  Hope you get it fixed.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this blue sky morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

@Grammabear and Wally, I got my first smart phone in June of this year too. (iPhone se) When I first got home with it, it also said no SIM card.  I emailed my DD and she said to take the card out and put it back in.  I did that and no problems after that.  Well, other then trying to figure out how the darn thing works!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Phone problems must be a trigger for a quick rise in BG numbers as mine went up to 182  (10.1) by the time I arrived for the second time at the local Boost Mobile store.  The lady had to call Boost Mobile and read off the SIM card number to him and together they reset the whole durn thing.  So far it has worked all afternoon and I hope it stays that way.  I was about ready to drive my car over it.   >:(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Apple has a habit of doing things "differently" but once you get used to them you cannot go back to any android device.

BG 125 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Recovering, but taking the day off. BG still remains high at 128 today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

I agree with SKB. I do have an older Samsung Android that I keep in my car because I can use it hands free in emergencies via Bluetooth; the cheapest possible Tracfone. I hate it even when connected via wifi.

I'd be much happier with an iPhone, but gosh, those things are so expensive for something I can't use at home!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

My iphone is the model 5s and it is several generations back from what is available at this time, so the price was considerably lower than the 'new' ones.  It still tells me there is no SIM card even though the phone lady assured me it should continue working well.  Sigh......

The reason my phone works at home is that I live in flat country where corn and soybeans are grown.  There are no mountains or heavily wooded areas.  Scenery is limited to city parks and conservation areas and yet we still have deer and other wildlife living here.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Yeah - we can't use our cell phone at home either - don't get a strong enough signal. So we don't have a smart phone, just a little LG Xpression.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on November 09, 2016, 08:09:21 AM
Yeah - we can't use our cell phone at home either - don't get a strong enough signal. So we don't have a smart phone, just a little LG Xpression.

Sometimes the 'smart phones' aren't so smart.  I would have been happy with a phone that makes calls and sends text messages.  But in our small, rinky dink town, there weren't very many choices of what phones were available.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this foggy morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I've used all sorts of phones over the years and big city ensures good signals & speeds. Even when we undertake our annual journeys into the forests, we have marked spots where cell phone signals are available and contact with the outside world is possible. Typically a cell tower has a range of 10 km in all directions. Now airlines offer wifi on flights so I was in touch with my son throughout his trip to Europe.

BG score 124.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Feeling much better but numbers still remain high. 115 today. 
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

228 this morning.

High glucose is from prednisone in the chemo; spent most of the night over 300.

And everybody wants me to gain weight? Oh well. First things first.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

121 this morning.  Beautiful sunny day so far.  The temperature is 42 F (6 C) and the high is supposed to reach 63.

John - Would it be permissible, with your treatment, if you ran a temp basal during the times your bg is high?  Perhaps you could consult with your 'team' to ask about that possibility.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  Weather has been just great here, 74° (23.3°C) yesterday and looks like it will stay around the same for the next few days.  Next Wednesday there is a slight chance of rain and temps are supposed to drop after that.  Geeze, it's November and we are still seeing spring weather.
Off to town for blood tests this morning and appointment with my primary tomorrow.
I have no cell service at my home either but I can connect to Wifi and do a lot with that.  I didn't know how useful the phone could be with a Wifi connection and that was the main reason I stayed with my flip phone for so long.  It isn't perfect because my Satellite internet connection is so slow but still it works. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"