You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

171 this morning.

Snowing here and cold. I hear it's much the same throughout the southern region also.

Looks like a fairly quiet weekend, which is great!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Our snow stopped, but whoa! The cold went overboard! Prediction was 10°, and we're hanging at 7° right now . . . but the sun has come up so perhaps it won't go any lower.  :o

Grammabear

65 this morning and I wish it was the temperature instead of my blood sugar.  Our temperature is 21 (-6C) and it is snowing with northwest winds @10-15mph..........:(  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  I don't even have to look outside to know we have cloud cover, current temp. 44° (6.7°C) which is the warmest in a while.  Near by areas saw some rain but none here yet.  Still a chance today and tomorrow.  Lots of snow to the North and Oregon and Washington getting a ton of snow.  Lots of snow in other states also so try to be safe and warm.
@Rocky, LOL, actually I did get some "inside information" thankfully the camera showed no problems with my small intestine so that is positive.

@SKB, no I don't think Vitamin D supplementation  was a problem as I wasn't taking any.  I had my vitamin D and vitamin B12 checked a couple of months before this and both were in normal range.  Interesting that after I came home from the hospital I have to supplement with Vitamin D 5000iu and Calcium 750mg daily to keep in the normal range.  I'm not sure how long this is going to be necessary.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

70 (3.88) this snowy morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

Up early (for me) to go to town for appointments.  2" of new snow overnight.  Fortunately it let up most of the day and I got back home without a problem.  This evening it started again and there is a weather advisory for more snow and bad conditions over night into Sat. 

Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere so I can sit by the fire and watch it snow outside! Though I will have to shovel snow at some point this weekend.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

119 today.
The narrative has changed here from the summers to the cold white winters. And all of you have promised to post pictures of the snow. The one member experiencing the summer right now (comedian) has not posted in a long time.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

I guess I should learn how to use the camera on my cellphone. The snow the other night was beautiful - I hadn't seen any so glittery & fluffy in years. But this doesn't mean I'm not glad it's gone already!  ;)

rocky

Having spent a lot of time in Saudia, I never want to see that kind of summer ever again.
Tamagno, great to hear from you.
92 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

124 when i woke up and walked my dog but went down to 114 after some 9 hours of fasting.

I need to be more regular and accept that this is a lifelong reality- hopefully a healthy and long life reality. So i am going to pop in here regularly and post even though its a number i am super ashamed of!

A lot transpired in the last few weeks. We had to put down our diabetic dog because she lost her eye sight, stopped eating, went on low blood sugar coupled with seizures, - basically was weeks away from dying. It broke my heart losing her. But we always knew we would give one more dog a home. The previous one was adopted and we found one more abandoned that looks just like her.

Meet 1 year old Juno. Female- loves dogs, cats and kids. She spent 1.5 months in shelter and is so happy to be home!

And i am getting much more exercise walking a hyper 1 year old than i was walking my sick dog in the last few months.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigskygal

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on December 09, 2016, 10:54:49 PM
124 when i woke up and walked my dog but went down to 114 after some 9 hours of fasting.

I need to be more regular and accept that this is a lifelong reality- hopefully a healthy and long life reality. So i am going to pop in here regularly and post even though its a number i am super ashamed of!

A lot transpired in the last few weeks. We had to put down our diabetic dog because she lost her eye sight, stopped eating, went on low blood sugar coupled with seizures, - basically was weeks away from dying. It broke my heart losing her. But we always knew we would give one more dog a home. The previous one was adopted and we found one more abandoned that looks just like her.

Meet 1 year old Juno. Female- loves dogs, cats and kids. She spent 1.5 months in shelter and is so happy to be home!

And i am getting much more exercise walking a hyper 1 year old than i was walking my sick dog in the last few months.

Paulami, God bless you for  homing a shelter dog! So sorry for the loss of your beloved dog

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on December 09, 2016, 10:54:49 PM

Hi Paulomi,
Glad to have you back and kudos for your graceful act.
There is no competition here for the lowest fasting numbers. These are just numbers and not grades. We just post them here for a sake of record that we can always come back to. We are working on a New Feature to record numbers in a BG Profile Form and generate Chart/s out of that data. Hope to have this working in a couple of weeks. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

127 this morning.  Both hubby and I attended the Christmas party for his job and they had delicious foods including cake to celebrate the company's 25th anniversary.  So...this morning my numbers are up a bit.

We can hunker down now for the snowstorm that is coming tonight/tomorrow.  If I was tech savvy, I could post a 'snow' picture because I can take pictures with my phone, but posting them is something I don't know how to do...yet.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

84 (4.65) this morning.  There is only a 20% chance of rain today and tomorrow but, hey, it is a chance.   ~ltn~
@SKB, I would be delighted to post pictures of snow if we ever get any, so far not the case.  It seems like all of the weather is North of here but then it is a good thing as it is needed there also and snow in the higher Sierras is good also.
@CCD, really good to hear from you, yes I think it helps to be a regular poster.  Don't feel embarrassed about your numbers, it is what it is but posting helps me to be aware of where I am.
Sorry for your loss but glad you found a rescue to fill the empty space.  We did the same thing when our Female Rottweiler died of cancer and picked up a female stray from the animal shelter.  So glad we did as she has become a real darling.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

117 this morning.

Wound up having to have an emergency transfusion of blood platelets yesterday. My platelets are way, way down. Current thinking is that some of the radiation spilled over to bone and that has caused all this current stuff.

Anyway, it's a nice day with sunny, clear skies.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Tamagno - sorry you have need of a transfusion, but glad that this service is available for you.  My brother donates apheresis on a regular basis for the last 10 years or so.  He sometimes wonders about the people he is helping.  I hope you will feel better soon.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021