You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom. Come to think of it, even the spicy items do taste a bit sweet. There is a hint of sweetness in everything there. You people could be right. Nah, you are right.
~rgt~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Great things today! "Big Pharma" friend who's also now working on his doctorate in theology bought me the same collection of materials he's using to learn Biblical Hebrew so we'll do the course together. A very fascinating language!

Also this morning I had a pileated woodpecker in my back yard! A gorgeous bird about the size of a large crow with a black body, white longitudinal stripe and absolutely brilliant crimson/red crest. The odd thing is that he was furiously digging in the ground around an old stump eating bugs. He was there at least 15 minutes and actually dug quite a large hole. I managed to take some photos/videos and will post one or two after I edit them. You rarely see these fabulous birds! Naturally, I named him Woody...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

I used to stay in a densely wooded area of Mumbai (rare). Now we have 48 storied towers coming up all around us. I have photographed more than 35 varieties of birds in my property. Now we hardly get to see 4 or 5 different types. There is a common woodpecker on the Indian avian scene known as The Flame Backed or Golden Backed. It is a sparrow+ to pigeon sized bird. Was it anything like (pic attached) this ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  Bright and sunny and the wind has stopped but definitely colder. 32°F (0°C) this morning.  We haven't seen temps that low for a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this once again raining morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Maggie

I forgot to test today because I slept in a long time. We met with old friends yesterday for a brunch meal, and I ate pretty good. I had hashbrowns but no bread. Bread seems the worst thing for my blood and I had a hard time saying no to some sourdough toast, but I did it. The rest was okay, no orange juice or fruit, and only steak and eggs with the hashbrowns.

Today so far just a roast beef sandwhich.

Kelly

145 this morning.  Lowest yet, maybe the crack slaw for dinner last night helped!?!?

skb

My liver has been kind. 126 this morning. I think the lard helped lessen the spike from the French fries.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

My partner was at 110 today. We have resolved not to eat outside and if we ever do, we do need to be very very careful.  :P
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

I was at 96. I rarely see three figure numbers.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

242 this morning.

SKB, your Mumbai feathered friend is indeed similar. I think I've managed to attach a photo of mine. Hope he comes back soon!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  Third day in a row, appears to be stuck on that number, could be worse. 
50% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow, don't know where that came from, it wasn't on the scope yesterday.  Warmer this morning at 38° (3.3°C) and it should be warming up nicely in a couple of days.  I'm looking forward to it.  If I was in India however getting warmer would not be a good thing.   ~hot~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Maggie

248 today. I cant remember if I took my pills and I had a hot beef sandwich for supper. I guess that will be off the menu too.

Maggie

I have been using alcohol to clean my finger for testing like the nurse does before a shot. Is there anything else I should do? Could the alcohol mess up my reading?

Kelly

151 this morning.

Good question Maggie.  Maybe if it wasn't completely dry it could. I just use running water and a clean paper towel to dry with.  Alcohol is just too drying on my hands.