You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patdart

Quote from: bigskygal on May 26, 2016, 04:04:00 PMWow Pat that is disturbing.  My guess, a lot of the patients are being so dosed. But it is wrong to do it w/out telling the patient.  Maybe a low dose one would help you, but you should be in on what it is.

I had been on Cymbalta for a couple of months at the order of my Pain Doctor to see if it would work as it did a few years ago, but quit working.  He thought it might, but apparently they changed it to Remeron.  I only learned it from my pharmacy today.  No wonder I slept so well.  I had run out of Cymbalta and as far as I remember I didn't even mention it to them when I entered.  I'm in a slight funk at the moment and got curious and called to see what could be doing it and found this out.

skb

119 today, up from 109. :(  Lentils ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

AJ was at 110 today. Keeping tight control on food but numbers don't get below certain levels. 
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

Couldn't check my morning number today as I was running late. So I carried my meter to  work> Had a packed lunch of fish, some vegetables and 1 roti (bread). After one hour when I checked I was at 157. Could this be right, or is this meter error ?  :(
Diabetic ?

skb

My guess would be the roti caused that spike. On several threads across the forum we advice members to stay away from grains and sugar. That applies to you as well, sweety. Your signature tells me that you are still not convinced that you are a diabetic. That number at one hour of a meal definitely indicates that you have crossed the line. Please dump the 'pre' and 'borderline' junk by the wayside. Cheer up. Things will be better.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

277 this morning.

Pat, after discussing it with my wife - the lovely and gracious Dr. Laura who is a shrinkologist - I'm guessing they gave you Remeron to help you sleep. You wouldn't have been given it long enough to do anything for depression anyway. I guess it's now rarely prescribed for depression as its an NSSRI as opposed to the currently preferred SSRIs.

I once tried Cymbalta for pain but without success. Currently, my docs are pushing Valium, gabapentin and Dilantin, but they all cause a disturbing increase in stupidity (a vile affliction to which I'm prone in any event). I quit taking Lyrica a while back as it really only seemed to help my feet. Naturally, I've refused Percocet, etc. for all the obvious reasons.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  It should be warming up the next few days and here that is not a bad thing.  Looking like a nice weekend.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

106 this morning  :) No signs of rain yet.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

So late to post,it has been a crazy day!! I have no idea where these numbers came from other than allergies and stress.  98 (5.43) this cloudy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

I had to go up to town today to have blood work done before next pcp appt in June.  Having it done early so I can enjoy my vacation with my kids and grands next week in CA.

I was surprised that my A1c showed up online already, long before my appt!!  4.9%.  Up a bit, but I have loosened up a bit, a little more fruit, but not too bad all in all.

Updated to a new iPad mini2 and an iPhone (never had one and it is back ordered) but after close to 2.5 hours at the AT&T store my mind is scrambled.  Big changes from my original iPad v1!!  This non techies head is swimming!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I have both of those gadgets barb. Shout, if you need help. FaceTime me anytime.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Ohhh I'd love to FT you!! PM me what I need to do!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

starsign

AJ was at 99 today. Ah ! What a great feeling  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

166 this morning.

Barb, there are many cool apps for that new iPhone (the mini as well), including grocery apps that remember your lists and have bar code readers and digital coupons.

Those on-line medical records are pretty inconsistent about posting. Sometimes it looks like they came straight from the lab and sometimes they never show up. Also, I've occasionally been shocked at various conditions they say I have and they're sometimes just wrong.

Overall, I'd say we'd all be better off with everybody just using paper since most everything gets printed out anyway. Wouldn't have so many privacy concerns either.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  We got up to 75° (23.9°C) yesterday, quite nice T-shirt weather.  They say a 20% chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow but I doubt we will see much if anything.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this mostly cloudy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

Pollen rating is high and I am really feeling it!!  The cottonwoods are dropping their cotton and it looks like a heavy snowfall! This is when I like to see spring rain to dampen all the cotton down.