You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

Another 98 for AJ. I must really thank all of you for all the help and support and information that we got here.
~tku~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Shanny

Your liver prob'ly still has vast stores of glycogen, which it converts to glucose if it thinks you're running too low. And in these early days, our livers often make that mistake - they think we're low when we aren't - only because we've been running so high for so long.

The longer you continue on LCHF, the less glycogen will be available for conversion and your fastings be easier to control. But some of us always have higher fastings, and as long as we are able to lower our levels all the rest of the day, we're still in good shape.

That's a good avatar, Rocky . . . always nice to put a face with a name!

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Actually slept late this morning - it seems very slothful!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

138 this morning, and sleeping late is wonderful (IMO).  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

106 (5.87) this morning.  I'm still dealing with the UTI from the last few weeks,.  I finally decided it was not getting better so I went to my doctor and got a prescription for antibiotics and I'm on day 6 of 10 days.  I feel like I'm getting better but am still quite tired.  This is a stubborn bugger.  I'm also joining the late to rise crowd and it feels good !
We got to 90° (32.2°C) yesterday and it looks like that will be the story for the next few days. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

It doesn't work to ignore these UTIs . . . they don't go away and they can really knock us off our pins. See your doc as soon as you suspect something.

walkerwally1

Yeah Shanny, my doctor let me know the same thing.  I know I should know better but I kept thinking it was getting better and it just went on way too long.  You're right though, it really does knock you off your pins. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 (6.04) is partly cloudy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.  Don't even remember when I've had a fasting that high!!

Not totally unexpected but still don't like it this high!!   I'm still sore from the fall, the stress of traveling and up until about noon today, I had no one lined up to take care of my cat while I am gone.  Whammy it got me!!

I leave tomorrow afternoon and return Sunday afternoon.  I am seriously thinking of taking a vacation from testing while I am gone.  I know very well what I can &  can't eat.  I had my blood work done last week so if I do step off the wagon, it won't mess that up.  Not that I would...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I think you absolutely should take a testing vacation. You can trust yourself and it would be good to have one less thing to think about. I wish you had a good stout pole to hold you up if these falls continue. I'm about to start using mine full-time . . . presently I just keep a 5' long Ozark hiking stick by the door & use it to cross the yard, which is uneven to begin with & catacombed with mole holes. I have a quad-cane by my chair for balancing when I first stand up, but it's a little awkward getting around with - too many feet!

Our everlovin' doc even suggested that one of us start using a cane full-time so he can renew his order for our handicapped parking permit, and I prob'ly need it worse than BH.

rocky

was up early today n my reading is 145. had hoped to get it closer to some of you. but nevermind.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

It will - don't give up!

Some of us have been on this plan for years, even counting falling off the wagon a few times. If you can work out the eat-to-your-meter system, you'll be coming down the home stretch & things will start dropping into place. Eat-to-Your-Meter is one of the most important parts of control, so try to get it going as well as you can.

Sweety

Diabetic ?

starsign

AJ is out on a tour, so I decided that I would check my BG instead. It turned out as 82. Once earlier I had checked and it was 89. Both are fasting numbers. I guess I'm OK.  ;)
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Count me in with UTIs, canes, handicap parking tags and yearning for a diabetes vacation.

Hope everyone stays well!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning and also yearning for a diabetes vacation, especially after my visit with the PCP where she found 'everything' to complain about.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."