You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  Dentist yesterday was not bad at all.  In this case Perio Maintenance meant just cleaning but I have dental insurance so I guess this sounds better ?  I have had deep cleaning before and it's no fun at all and I am supposed to have a cleaning every 3-4 months now as I seem to build up plaque faster than average, don't know why but I'm told some people do.  Anyhow, going in more often makes each session much easier.
@Tamagno, I hope you enjoy the new Microwave.  It may take a bit to adjust to it, we got a new one about 3 years ago and it cooks faster than the old one so I had to learn to adjust the time. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 (4.99) again this morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

Long day!  Up to town to see PCP.  He froze a couple little skin spots and gave me a clean bill of health.  He says that even though my diabetes is basically "cured" he leaves it in my chart and now there is a new law, or whatever, that I must have A1c tested every 6 months instead of the once a year he has been doing.  Fine by me!  ;)  Did some small shopping and I am finally home and wiped out.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

120 this morning, but then I've gone back to my old meter which is consistently ~ 10% higher.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

slept most of yesterday. it was the day off. the flu has gone, the cold is still thr. but my readings are still high at 132. i mean comparatively. but why so ? 
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Your body is still working hard to get healed up. It's good you were able to sleep so much . . . sleep is a great healer! Readings under 140 are fine - no damage is being done from high blood sugar.

Now that we know you're going home in a coupla months, I'm interested in seeing how things improve even more when you can relax at home & aren't stressed in this work environment.

starsign

Finally we got to see a 98. This has happened after a long time. ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

182 this morning.

Got it Wally - in fact our new one is fiercer as well and I'm cutting back times.

New stove arrives today and IVIG starts this morning.

A law that you have to have an a1c? Gosh, I want to be an enforcement officer...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

Another 91 for me, but we will be eating out today, so I don't know what will be in store for tomorow. Could be  ???
Diabetic ?

Carbcrazydog

105 today morning. Daughter is slightly better. She has an ulcer on her tongue and can hardly eat or drink milk. Finally we fed her lots of curd and she has finally calmed down.

Making palak paneer for dinner today. My favorite low carb Indian recipe...

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  Cloudy and cooler with even a slight chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow and then warming back up next week.  My previous doctor had me take an A1c every 3 months for quite a while then went to every 6 months.  My present doctor has always done it every 6 months which is what I think Medicare pays for.  I think 6 months is good, I don't mind it and it is always good to keep an eye on.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

81 (4.49) this mostly cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Paulomi, glad to hear the little one is getting better.  Love palak paneer!!  What time is dinner???  ;)

Yes, Wally, he said it was some medicare rule or something.  In the beginning he checked me every 3 months than went to every 6 and last year went to only once a year which I didn't like so much.  Like every 6 months much better.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

113 this morning. The rain clouds are here finally. It rained a bit yesterday. Not sure if this is the real thing or pre monsoon showers.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Kelly

Oh gosh, I have been so swamped with life I haven't posted in a while! Kind of lost my way with lc/hf when I get in these work crunches I tend to eat anything at any time.  Fasting this morning was 197.  Guess I need to get get back with the program...

Tamagno

162 this morning.

Started IVIG last night with concommitent side effects - aargh...

Having dinner tonight with "Big Pharma Friend" and the usual suspects. I shall wear the new cap I got from my alma mater. It reads:

The Juilliard School
Athletic Department
"Undefeated Since 1905"

I like to kid people that I went there on a football scholarship...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

starsign

AJ was a 97 today  ;D. Today being a Sunday, we intend to do some house cleaning.
Partner of a Diabetic T2