You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

116 today.
Pat, congratulations. Those are really impressive numbers. A little weight might not be bad.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

116 yesterday & 108 today. sorry i wasnt around for two days. hope everyone is having a greta day.
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

Today I was 92 in the morning. Haven't crossed 100 in all these days and therefore didn't report it here.
Diabetic ?

Shanny

I rarely report fasting levels here because I rarely have a true fasting - that is, having gone eight hours without eating something. But this isn't a thread for only low or only higher level fastings - it's for everyone. Prob'ly most useful for people who CAN'T get under 100. Even at my most strict, I couldn't get under 100 and was never able to break into the 80s. It was a miracle to break into the 90s. So let's not make this thread a competition for only low or high levels - let's not make it a competition at all. Our only competitor should be our own selves, trying to improve from yesterday's levels. People need to be brave enough to post here regardless of their numbers, and just to prove that, I tested today and showed 162. I'm not proud of it, but it's the best I could do today, and it is what it is.

starsign

True that Shanny. AJ was at 112 today.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

215 this morning.

Oh heavens, Shanny; if I only posted numbers >100 I'd never post anything but diabetic comas. Thank you so much for sharing and be advised I love you whether your fasting glucose is 300 or 75!

In any event, perhaps like me, your fasting glucose is the same as your IQ...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

128 this morning and I suspect it was a rebound from a hypo of 49 during the night.  The Endo I saw last week scolded me for having lows, but he didn't tell me how to avoid them.  Yesterday the diabetes really beat me up hard.  My infusion set got kinked somehow and my blood sugar soared to 349, took the rest of the day to get it down properly.  Sigh.........
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this mostly blue sky morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Agree completely with Shanny, this thread is not a competition for highest or lowest numbers. Our only competitor is ourself.  And we can often learn some things to do and not do from the comments our members share.

~hug~ sorry you had such a tough day Grammabear!  Hope today is much better!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

89 (4.93) this morning.  Well, just still morning when I tested, I didn't eat until I got home today though and that was just before noon.  Quite a difference here, temp is 87° and that is a far cry from 120° LOL.  It's always fun but it's always nice to get home.   :)
I agree with Shanny also.  This is not, and should not, be a competition.  I post to keep myself honest and as an incentive to strive for the best numbers I can manage.  I also hope that it may help others to see what can be possible but your goals have to be based on what you are able to do.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

108 this rainy morning. I think portion control works for me.
I once heard a speech by a yoga guru. He was asked how he had maintained himself so well at an age of 60+
He shared his secret - eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a commoner & dinner like a pauper.
I think that argument has merit in it.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

97 today. The rains have brought some relief in terms of the temperature but they also bring in a lot of viral infections. My daughter is down with cough, cold and congestion.
Diabetic ?

rocky

back to my 106. feel that the gym is helping. ive lost some weight but now i hv to measure myself n know for sure. will be doing that today.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

243 this morning - I'm going to test for UTI as I'm just staying too high.

Grammabear, I'm glad you didn't go into DKA! Our pumps are generally so reliable it takes us by surprise when there's a failure; good thing you caught it.

SKB, interesting that guru's longevity advice. Now, I'll ask you to spell out loud G-U-R-U and notice what you've said. Hmm...

As for me, I finally got the call from a local hospital to install a permanent port for my IVIG; it'll be done next Wednesday via a small surgical procedure. At last, no more blown veins - I'm excited!

Also, I'm getting IVIG this weekend - at two days, six hours each it's terribly tedious, but really helps the SPS which gets bad the last few days before the infusion.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

103 (5.71) this morning.  I think I got a little carried away with the Taco Salad last night  :) still not bad.
We had a wildfire break out yesterday around 5:00 PM about 20+ miles to the south of here and it was just a concern for the smoke we were getting then, but the winds are high and blowing in this direction.  As of last night it has consumed over 100 homes and has spread 11 miles in this direction so it is becoming a greater concern and the winds will be high again today and unfortunately it is blowing this way.   I still don't think it will get this far but it is a bit scary.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"