You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

111 (6.15) this morning.  Not quite sure where that came from but 'tis what it 'tis !  Fire news is not too bad, at least from our perspective.  Winds yesterday were from the North East which is away from here.  36,000 + acres as of this morning and 150 homes destroyed with 75 damaged.  1100 firefighters on the job.  They are doing a heroic job and have been able to make quite good progress.  Just hoping the winds don't pick back up again.  It's 12 miles away from here at this time, the scary thing was that because of the high winds it moved 12 miles in the first day right towards here.    ~yik~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this blue sky breezy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.  The cough remains about the same as yesterday.  Slept really late again...

Oh Kelly, that is so true!  They way I avoid that trap is not to have any of those foods in the house.

Tamagno, hope you are feeling better soon!

Wally I Liked your post because you are still safe, but I don't like that the fire is so close to you.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Sweety

I was once again at 97 today. It's been raining constantly for the past 3 days, and that means no walking. Also daughter is not fully recovered.

Wally, I hope you are all safe. We shall pray for you.
Diabetic ?

rocky

today i was at 111. wally be safe n take care. keep posted.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

210 this morning.

Adding my prayers, Wally!

I'm off to the ophthalmologist this morning where I'm finally expecting to leave with a 'script for new glasses following my cataract surgeries a couple of months ago. Should be very exciting!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 (4.76) this morning.  Off in a bit for another Mose surgery for a skin cancer.  I don't know how many that makes, I have lost count.  Fire info hasn't changed much, now at 43,000 acres and 40% contained.  Temp there yesterday was 103° (39.4°C) and humidity around 10-12% making for tough conditions.  They brought cadaver dogs to search the burned homes for any more fatalities but it was too hot for them and had to take them out.  It is going to be hot for at least the rest of the week.  They still hope for full containment by Thursday. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

134 this morning, not sure where that came from.  Best wishes Wally on your Mose surgery.  A dear friend recently had a procedure like that and is doing quite well now.  She has had many such procedures also.  It would be great if the fires are contained by week's end.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

starsign

AJ was at 122 today. Looks like he is improving.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

bigskygal

92 (5.1) this hot morning, 92 at bedtime last night too.  Still feeling punk, and this morning my sinuses are stuffed and ears plugged up.   ~cof~

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

128 today. A little loss of control on portions & some home grown mangoes and that's the end result.

@wally. What's the latest on the fire ? Hope all is well with you & yours.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Good news from the ophthalmologist: my vision is 20/30 without glasses so there's no need for prescription lenses, just dime store readers.

Wally, thanks for the updates. Amazingly, this event has not shown up in my usual news sources.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

i saw a 102 today morning  ;D ;D ;D
i really thought the meter was malfunctioning. wanted to recheck, but then i thought why not be happy.

waly hope things r ok.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  Temperature here remains high, 100° + (37.8°C+)  I feel for the guys fighting the fire in this heat and low humidity but the winds have been light and that has helped a lot.  At this time there have been 45,388 acres (70 square miles ) burned and 250 homes lost.  Many of these homes were mobile homes and when they catch they go up like a torch.  I saw a video of one that was fully destroyed in two minutes.  They aren't mansions but it was all these people had so it is equally devastating to the owner.  Just hoping conditions remain the same and it looks lie it will.
Grammabear, the Mose surgery went quite well.  This was the 14th or 15th, I've lost count, I have had so it's pretty routine.  A couple of the first ones I had required 14-15 stitches and were much larger but now it is typically 4-5 stitches and much less cutting.  Catching them early is a big help.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

walkerwally1 - Glad to hear the Mose surgery went well for you.  My friend also says that she has lost count of the procedures she has had.  To hear her tell it, it sounds most unpleasant - but now it is a few days of rest and then back to business as usual.

FBG of 239 this morning due to a kinked cannula on the infusion set.  This will not help my A1C at all.  Sure wish there was a surefire way to know a good infusion site before insertion and not afterwards.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Wonderful, Tamagno! Isn't it great not needing specs? Neither I nor my everlovin' need anything except readers now, since our cataract surgeries. I even had a retinal detachment about six months after cataract removal, but that healed up nicely too, and didn't damage my vision too much. And I only need the readers if I actually need to read some small print . . . using the computer, etc., I get along without any correction.