You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

197 this morning.

I'll be praying for your father-in law as well, Wally.

We had dinner last evening with Big Pharma Friend, Actuarial Dude and his wife, Wordsmith (to continue this word game, I'd be Maestro and my wife Shrinkologist). Anyway, we had post-prandial sparklers to celebrate the Fourth of July, but I quickly realized that running around waving the incendiary devices as I did as a child would be unwise with a cane, so I stuck it jauntily in a crack in the deck railing. Likely not as exciting as it sounds...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

149  this morning and getting quite discouraged with these higher numbers.  Would love to have a day off from diabetes.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  Temps look like the same for at least the next 10 days.  Mid to high 90's with a bit of wind and dry.

FIL is doing OK right now, resting comfortably and waiting for the orthopedic surgeon who is now supposed to come in tomorrow.  We won't know anything until then.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this partly cloudy morning,  95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

My satellite receiver gave up the ghost last night.  :(  I was in the kitchen fixing dinner, when the show I was watching went silent.  No power outage or anything.  Went into the room where the receiver is and smelled burnt wires. I knew it was a goner but still tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but no luck. Was pleasantly surprised that I got to talk to a live person today at Dish!! But I won't get a new one until Thursday.  :(  Luckily, most of what I watch can be found online.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I woke up to a 116 today. Thought the rains would let up a bit, but it doesn't seem to be the case. One of our lakes is already overflowing. The traffic remains a pain.  ~mad~
My 15 km commute from work to home took 3 hours yesterday, for no apparent reason.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Can't bring myself to like your post, Shyam . . . my head would explode if I were stuck in traffic like that. I'm a country mouse - no doubt about it.

skb

It is very irritating indeed, what with all the honking & lane cutting going on. We have scant respect for road etiquette. But I was busy solving your "reply" problem, and happy that it worked. The solution, though will present a slight problem for users browsing with phones, but I think we can live with that, for the time being.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

114 today. hv u read abt the blasts here. no whr near whr i am but in the country. security is very much tighter.
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

115 today. Numbers essentially stay in this range +/- 5. I had some question on LCHF but maybe I will start a new thread for that.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

120 this morning.

Heavens, Rocky, that's terrible! I get several news feeds from different regions of the world, but I'm not sure which one you're referring to. Where are you?

SKB, I agree with Shanny, that traffic would drive me nuts. I suppose, however, that I'm more of a country rat...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 (4.99)  this morning.  Temps here are probably going to drop a teensy, teensy bit by the weekend, maybe 5°, so low 90's to high 80's but humidity will be 20% or lower which is good for our evaporative cooler because it makes it more efficient but scary for fire danger. 

I was born and raised and worked in Los Angeles and traffic became more and more of a headache but I was used to it.  I moved to this rural area 20 years ago and just can't deal with heavy traffic anymore.  Had to fight the L.A. traffic going to Cedars-Sinai in L.A. and it was beyond horrible.  Living here you have to drive farther to get to anything, shopping, doctors etc. but it's a breeze as no traffic to deal with. 

I saw the news reports Rocky, scary and so sad.  Be safe.

Bummer Barb, electronics seem to rule our lives today and can be so helpful but at the same time so frustrating.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this partly cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

Weather has cooled off nicely 72°F right now.  Fire is 20% contained so still smoke when the wind blows this way.  We had some high wind yesterday but fire didn't jump any containment lines.  It is in steep mountain terrain with lots of dead trees, they say it will be burning for a long time.  Up north of me some moron arsonist burned 2 fire engines at a rural fire dept. totally destroyed them.  What the heck is wrong with people??

Stay safe Rocky!!  The world is crazy!!

Yeah Wally, it is inconvenient w/out TV, but it would be unbearable if my internet was out!!  I can find enough things online to keep me occupied in the evenings when I would have the TV on. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

125 today morning.
@ rocky, read about the Jeddah blasts. Do take care & be safe.
@ wally, the traffic becomes much worse in heavy rain. You guys would get shocked to see cars lined up for miles and scavenging for space 2 inches apart from each other. It's the fresh potholes & craters on the road that slow down the traffic. My daily commute should actually take 15 minutes (it used to) but we quite happily accept 75 minutes. But these days, who knows.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

Still struggling with the cough and cold. Meter said 108 this morning.

Traffic is a pain in this season. Yesterday there was a train derailment and getting to work and back was more problematic. Thank God it was only a goods train and no one was hurt.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

158 this morning.

SKB et al, I've added RSS feeds for news journals from India and South Africa. Haven't found anything from the Jeddah region yet, Rocky. The others are fascinating!

My experience is much like yours Wally, except in an east coast sort of way. I lived in New York City for about 25 years (nobody has a car) before moving up here to rural Connecticut where there's no traffic but everything requires driving. Much, much better! I always hated city life with short tempers, expense and filth.