You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patdart

I've been not too good testing, but I'll get back on it now.  While in rehab I ran outta strips and just decided I'd do the best I could and let it slide until I got home and back on the horse.  I'm there but not caught up on much but, I'll try to begin now.  I've had a cold to boot so I'm thrilled to see a 93 this morning.  My weight is down to 125 lb and I like to see it at 130, so I've got to eat more fat in the days to come.  This has been a hard recovery of my foot for me.  Food was a problem as all of you told me...institutional food is kinda a challenge even if the institution is beneficent.  They did an A!C on me that showed 5.0 in the first 4 weeks.  I have to wonder about their lab!  Thrilled nevertheless and widened my choices to some more carbs, but didn't gain any.  Lost 5lbs total there.

skb

Pat,

We all wish you a quick & full recovery.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

walkerwally1

112 (6.2) this morning.  Better but still getting over the UTI and it looks like Mr. Liver is trying to help.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

92 (5.1) this morning.  It's looking like a very good chance for rain this weekend starting Friday, hope so.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Dianne

Get better soon Pat!

I was a slacker on morning testing over the weekend. Yesterday was 83 (4.6) and this morning was 85 (4.7).
A1C at DX 2002 7.2
7/14 8.8                10/14 5.2            1/15 4.8          
4/15 4.8                9/15   5.2            6/16 5.4   

Weight was 280 now 186, 94# lost so far

bigskygal

80 (4.4) this mostly cloudy morning, 85 (4.7) at bedtime last night.

I had to take my cat to the vet again yesterday as his virus flared up again.  This time in his front right foot.  I caught him favoring it Friday evening, so had to wait until Monday to get him in. This time the shots only lasted 5 weeks.  :(  She wanted to do blood work to make sure kidneys and liver were OK before giving him the shots (one is a steroid).  All readings were great except glucose which was high and makes him now "pre diabetic", steroid induced.  She put him on a special food for diabetic cats (expensive) and said he needed this because he needs to eat more fats.  Yes she said more fat!!!  Maybe we have been going to the wrong kind of dr!  ;)  Though she did say he need high protein too, to which I said that doesn't work well for human diabetics.  I have to get this in control as there is no way he is going to let me give him insulin shots!

Off to read up on diabetic cats and maybe find a forum. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Oh dear . . . smooches & snuggles for baby boo. And I love the suggestion that we've been seeing the wrong doctors! I do agree!

My sis had a diabetic cat years ago, but it accepted the shots gracefully. Was also very arthritic, and one of the best jokes in the family is about the time my BH was seated on the sofa enjoying a bowl of ice cream, when kittycat Rosy appeared beside him for a bite. Sis turned around & saw her - asked if BH had helped her up there, because there's no way she could have gotten there by herself. And yet when there was ice cream in the bargain, she managed to claw her way to the ice cream. She eventually went blind from the diabetes, but was able to navigate around the house as long as Sis didn't move any of the furniture.  :)

skb

Quote from: Shanny on April 05, 2016, 04:44:54 PM
And I love the suggestion that we've been seeing the wrong doctors! I do agree!

117, getting into my groove. Will hit 2 digits in a week / 10 days.

Shanny, Petro (Peter) of The Daily Lipid is a vet from UK. His blog is the best researched one I've ever read. Much of what he says, won't be understood by regular docs.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

This guy?  I'll have to start following him!  8)

skb

Sorry, the daily lipid is Chris Masterjohn. Petro is hyper lipid.
http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.in/
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

patdart

Thanks for the a good wishes all.  I tested 98 this beautiful sunny day.  Too much protein again I guess.  My last cat was supposed to have diabetes, but he died while having insulin shock I've since learned from artistic vet from the state lab in Baton Rouge.  She told me he should have always have just eaten prior to shot and very likely was not really diabetic.  According to her, cats have a strange metabolism and can test oddly and still be okay...he was overweight when he died and had had the shock before when I was gone from home and I'd find signs of something happening while I was away.  I still regret his death.  The vet who came to put him down commented that he didn't seem near death, just in some sort of shock.

I still can't figure out how to find the new comments or new posts on the site, but I'm grateful for all the work.

walkerwally1

100 (5.6) this morning.  Rain is supposed to start later today and run through Monday.  I hope we get a decent amount from this storm.  April will be over soon and any chance for rain after than is slim to none.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

patdart

Today is sunny and will get to 80 degrees or so.  Dogwoods are nearly gone as are the azaleas.  Hummers are here.  95 for me this morning.  I warmed up one of the squares of frozen lasagna last night and it was almost more than I could eat.  It warmed up just fine.  Think I'll have to keep some of it in the freezer all the time!

bigskygal

79 (4.37) this sunny morning, 79 at bedtime last night too!

It is supposed to get to 72° today but I doubt that is going to happen it is only 61° right now.  Nights are still in the 30's so we are a long way from blooming things yet.  Lilacs are barely starting to leaf and the dog wood is way behind them.  Cottonwoods are just barely budding.  Some trees across the field are more leafed out I think that is where the pollen comes from at this point to make me miserable.

Boo is feeling better, but not much liking his new diet!  I tell him, I know just how you feel!! You'll get used to it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.