You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Growing up in West Virginia, my grandparents ran a little Dairy Queen just in the summer months. I was recruited to clean up the damage when a soft-serve vanilla cone would get dropped in the hot chocolate sauce. By the time it was fished out, it generally had about a 1/4" coating all over. The only rational thing was to eat it.

Thereby supplying my qualifications as the new "Cleaning Up Ice Cream Spills" czar.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

starsign

AJ was at 100 today  ;D
Looks like the throat infection is now gone.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

walkerwally1

87 ( 4.82) this morning.  It's going to be a bit cooler and windy this weekend and then warming up next week.  Typical weather for this time of year. 
@Tamagno, an enviable job for a youngster !  Definitely ice cream weather hear but no longer on my food list anymore.  I do like a sugar free  Popsicle once in a while though.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

92 (5.1) this mostly cloudy morning, 92 at bedtime last night too.  Not sure what is up with these higher readings...

The electric co. and the phone co. have already come and marked where their lines are.  The gas co. has not come yet.  Problem is, there is rain in the forecast for today (20%), Sat and Sunday (60%). I'm afraid it will wash the paint away.  My trenching appt is not until the 20th. Phone and electric no where near the trench, but I fear the gas is right there.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

123 this morning. The rain has stopped but the humidity is still very high. Sultryness is high :(
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

;D toubhed my lowest once again. 102 today. very  happy.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

137 this morning.

IVIG starts today - not a moment too soon! I notice the last week or so increasing shortness of breath as SPS creeps into my lung function. I'm really hoping the IVIG will help.

SKB, I'm very much enjoying following my India news feed what with Mr. Modi's recent currency adventures in China and South Africa as well as the many tech bits. Also, of course, the progress of your monsoons. (I'm afraid cricket and Bollywood remain great mysteries to me). We never hear much of anything on these topics from our usual news sources.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

89 (4.93) this morning.  Windy and dry this weekend and we are on a fire alert.  Tough conditions if a fire were to start.
@Tamagno, I really hope you get relief from the IVIG. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

@Tamagno, Modi is quite something, isn't he ? President Obama was here as our Republic Day guest, and it was nice to see their bonhomie and him referring to him as 'Barack' in all public appearances.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

Another 92 (5.1) this drizzly morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, hope you get some relief from the IVIG.

skb, that sultryness would kill me. I don't do well at all in high humidity

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

114 today morning. Last night I had 2 dates, which I had bought in Oman & completely forgot about. I was expecting a much higher number. But I won't be repeating that.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

108 today. missed my gym session yesterday. not up to it.  :-[
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

147 this morning.

My new port works well! Just a weird lump on my chest where it resides and a quick prick of the skin to insert the cannula. Definitely much easier than poking around looking for a functioning vein.

It's going to take me some time to get Indian politics straightened out in my own mind, SKB - my last detailed foray was around the terrible events of 1947 - and India has some qualities that seem to make it different from other countries. I've heard Dr. Ravi Zacharias speak compellingly on the subject but I can't recall the specifics. In any event, I am indeed enjoying reading about Mr. Modi, et al! Later today I'll poke around Netflix and find some recent samples of the offerings from Bollywood; I think the last I saw dated from the '60s...

skb

Bollywood. No way. John, please don't or later don't tell me I didn't warn you. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this rainy morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

Went to my friend's last night for our belated 4th of July dinner. Great grilled salmon and salad. Came home with a big ole bag of garden fresh spinach and another smaller one of fresh parsley.  Yum!!