You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

Quote from: rocky on July 26, 2016, 02:20:08 AM
hit the sweet spot ?

I think so Rocky. Same with AJ, another 97.  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

I was 92 today. The minor infection is completely out.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on July 26, 2016, 07:15:59 AM
167 this morning.

I'm never sure whether I should "Like" rotten news or not (Bigskygal and Wally) but at least that'll let you know I'm reading and praying for you!

SKB, I don't think there's a day goes by that somebody or other sends me a diabetes cure diet that doesn't include whole grains. I hate to think how big a bolus I'd have to take to eat a bowl of oatmeal...

138 fbg this morning - and that is what I get from eating whole grains.   >:(  Every now and then I have a craving for oatmeal.  note to self:  do not listen to that inner voice that tells you how good oatmeal is for you !!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 (5.26) this morning.  Hot and hotter is the weather report.  No relief for a few days, maybe next weekend but not much. 
@Tamagno, your like is taken as you mean it, thanks.  The fire is now 25% contained and no more structures have burned since the first 18 homes.  Weather conditions are helping and over 3000 men on the lines.
I learned right away that Oatmeal, or any grain, was an absolute No-No when I started to "eat to your meter".  It was a rude awakening after I had been told for years by Doctors and Diabetic "educators" that whole grains were good for Diabetics.  Watching my blood sugar go over 300 after a bowl of Oatmeal was enlightening to say the least, AND I was on a  sulfonylurea at the time.  I loved bread, cereal and all but I refuse to eat anything with grains period  I like it but it isn't worth the result. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

111 this morning - and I have no idea why.  <shrug>  Well.  I did have a few beers this weekend so could be catching up to me now?

Barb, hope your day is better today.

Tamagno, great to see your number down!

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this partly cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Not going anywhere today or tomorrow, but have to go back to town on Thursday to meet again with the broker. It will be hot there again. The heat just drains me, fortunately the trees shade my house and if I don't go out, it isn't so bad.  Ears and sinuses are still stuffed. Between the two I am exhausted.

Thanks Kris, today should be better, cooler inside at least.  I get it Tamagno, I feel the same  way Liking some of your posts.  It is a way to show I care and am thinking about you.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Kelly

146 this morning.  Still working on getting back on the wagon.

skb

When we started with the forum, the "LIKEs" were an Inherited Legacy from earlier places. We could very well rename the button to something else, if that is the consensus. I've seen some forums with a row of buttons /icons at the bottom, each signifying something else. On here, the Like certainly means that the post has been read & appreciated / felt. So, no misunderstandings please.

As for the oat containing cookies, they still play havoc, 122 today.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

more good news
92 today, the lowest ever  ;D
thanx to the diabetic pub
couldnt hv imagined this 3 months ago
~tku~
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

Congrats rocky. Well done and keep it up.
Myself, I was a little higher at 101 today.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Did someone mention beer? Oh my, what a delicious thought!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

starsign

Don't know what we did wrong. AJ recorded a 110 today.
I think I'm going to put it to meter inaccuracy.  ;)
Partner of a Diabetic T2

walkerwally1

104 (5.76) this morning.  I'd like to blame it on the meter but mine is very consistent.  I was a good boy last night so I chalk it up to the fickle fasting monster !
We got to 99.5° (37.5°C) yesterday, under 100°  ;D,  but I had to go to town to get my stitches taken out and it was 111° (43.9°C).  Sure glad I have air conditioning in my car.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

110 (6.1) this morning, went to bed at 109 (6.1), so I did ok last night.   

Wally - we call that "gentle rise" in fasting blood sugar: FTHF (fit hit the floor) syndrome meaning the minute your feet hit the floor after you get out of bed your blood glucose starts to rise no matter what you've done.  That is my explanation for the unexplainable rise and it works for me.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

70 this morning. Such a reversal from yesterday.

Mmmmm, yes beer.  It's been so hot, seems like a good thing to do at the time.   ~chr~

Wally, 111 degrees, the thought of that is making my head explode...!